Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 21238 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
Oh I hated those Like Likes. You literally can't leave the "room" until you defeat them. Otherwise, you'll lose your shield and tunic you were wearing. I don't think I ever had that problem though.

And I remember those Flare Dancers. They were pretty easy to beat, and yeah it is funny to watch them run around when you try to kill them. :lol:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
So TRJ, you're gonna ignore the Fairy Bow?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2012, 09:37:15 PM »
Made it through the Dodongo's Cavern earlier today, and I'll probably still be in Jabu-Jabu's Belly when I call it quits for tonight... :roll:
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
So TRJ, you're gonna ignore the Fairy Bow?
You actually don't need the Fairy Bow for the Fire Temple at all. I have beaten the Fire Temple a few times before the Forest Temple, so I definitely know its not needed. The only area that you really need it is to get an optional Dungeon Map, and I never bother collecting them anyways. Although its kind of a pain since you can't kill some enemies like those Torch Slugs. I will get the Fairy Bow for sure when I tackle the Forest Temple next  ;).

And now I am about to fight Volvagia after treading through the rest of the Fire Temple and rescuing the other Gorons. I have 9 hearts at the moment, so hopefully I don't do too bad... :o
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:02:01 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »
I also have 9 hearts at the moment. And I'm done treading through Forest Temple, sans the boss. I will probably get to that tomorrow. I've already collected fairy bottles, though I should get one more. Also, remember when I had to use cheats to get the map and compass in Jabu Jabu? Apparently, that particular cheat carried on to Forest Temple. So I STILL got rewarded the compass, map, and all the keys (including the boss key) despite already having it. Kind of funny how that turns out. :lol:

If it's one thing I hate about the Forest Temple, it's those stupid ceiling claws. I swear, I got caught and thrown out of the temple a good 3-4 times before moving on from that section. :roll: Also, the third Poe (where you have to assemble the puzzle) is a pain. I think I had to restart the puzzle 3 times due to getting confused and moving the blocks a whole lot.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2012, 01:41:31 AM »
The ceiling claws are called Wallmasters I am pretty sure. I never really had a problem with them as you know when they are about to jump down at you since they make a noise. Either way, they are annoying and will pull you all the way back to start if your careful.

And yeah, I remember that third Poe puzzle. I don't see how the producers felt that one minute was enough to SLOWLY pull those boxes together to assemble the Poe. And if you run out of time? The pieces just rest and you have to start again. Although I guess having all the keys means you can skip half of the dungeon. But becareful of those twisting hallways.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2012, 01:51:30 AM »
Yeah, the Wallmasters. I'm always unlucky when it comes to those things. Though if I levitate throughout the room, it won't catch me. The Floormasters are even worse. Thankfully, the mini ones are easier to beat.

And I did not skip half the dungeon. I still have to unlock the doors, despite having so many extra keys. Definitely made the the temple feel a bit easier, so if I go out of order, that's okay. I totally agree about the puzzle too. You have about 1:30 to complete the puzzle. Though maybe that's only when you screw up the first time around. And you get extra time from it. I don't know, I already forget. XD

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2012, 02:02:43 AM »
The crappy thing about the mini ones is that they will spawn into a big one if you are not careful. But they are more of a problem in the Shadow and Spirit Temple.

I just defeated Volvagia and didn't die once. I had a problem the first couple of times getting hit by his breath, but I learned to dodge it after the first couple of tries. This fight was very unexciting though and it was the same process throughout the whole fight. At least bosses like Phantom Ganon, Barinade, and Twinrova have different phases. Although I always enjoy the scenes with the Sages at the end. But I am glad to be done with the Fire Temple.

Next up is to head to Kokiri Forest to go to the Forest Temple. I hate going through that maze because those warrior things or whatever they are called are hard to get by. But I need the Fairy Bow bad!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2012, 02:21:25 AM »
Yeah, those warrior guard dudes are so annoying. If you hit them with your hookshot with their back turned, you should be okay. And don't even get me started on the guard right when you get to the temple/warp point entrance. :roll:

And, it looks like I need to catch up again. ;) We're about to swap places, and now I get to take on the Fire Temple. And yes, I also love the sages at the end. Hell, I even like to see the respective bosses get defeated. Before I go to Fire Temple though, I want to get some more skulltulas and try to mask trade off thing as a kid. For the former thing, I'm at a really pathetic total of 15 skulltulas defeated and I know where to get some as a kid.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:48 AM »
The third ghost puzzle.was easy. Don't know what you're talking about.

Oh yeah, I'm done with Twinrova. Since I'm doing Spirit before Shadow, I have one more to complete. So, good luck catching up with me.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
I haven't really bothered with the Golden Skulltulas unless they were right near Link. But I know some rooms make you go out of your way to get a Gold Skulltula Token. But I want to beat the main game first and maybe bother getting more of them.

Right now I made it as far as the Sacred Forest Meadow for the Forest Temple. The maze is annoying because you have to try and catch the Moblins when they are not looking for you. Or else they charge at Link and are unavoidable. The big one with the club didn't give me real trouble though.

I love the scenes with Sheik, but I think my favorite one is the one in the Sacred Forest Meadow with her. Just the wording of her sayings and the music just make it so memorable. Its like she knew that Saria and Link had a moment there when they were younger.

So how was doing Spirit before Shadow then? I think I have done that before a couple of times and it wasn't too hard. I know there is a Silver Rupee that is kind of hard to get without Hover Boots. But I wouldn't know since i haven't played that part of the game in a while.  :o

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2012, 11:21:46 AM »
I haven't really bothered with the Golden Skulltulas unless they were right near Link. But I know some rooms make you go out of your way to get a Gold Skulltula Token. But I want to beat the main game first and maybe bother getting more of them.

Right now I made it as far as the Sacred Forest Meadow for the Forest Temple. The maze is annoying because you have to try and catch the Moblins when they are not looking for you. Or else they charge at Link and are unavoidable. The big one with the club didn't give me real trouble though.

I love the scenes with Sheik, but I think my favorite one is the one in the Sacred Forest Meadow with her. Just the wording of her sayings and the music just make it so memorable. Its like she knew that Saria and Link had a moment there when they were younger.

So how was doing Spirit before Shadow then? I think I have done that before a couple of times and it wasn't too hard. I know there is a Silver Rupee that is kind of hard to get without Hover Boots. But I wouldn't know since i haven't played that part of the game in a while.  :o
Sheik's a guy. Even Ruto mentions it. ;)

And yes, that Silver Rupee is hard to get. Jumping to the goddess's hands were no easy feat, but it's still manageable.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
On another note, I'm done with the game!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
Dang, you breezed right through that. :o But then again, I just started replaying this game 5 days ago and I'm almost done with Forest Temple. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably be done with the game by this coming weekend.

The third ghost puzzle.was easy. Don't know what you're talking about.
The puzzle itself is easy, but it's annoying have to push the blocks around in so little time. Plus, it's annoying having to reshuffle if you mess up. All that aside, the puzzle itself was not much of a problem.

Well, I just like doing side quests before getting to the main temple. I know you don't have to do it, I just like getting some extra stuff before moving on. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »

Sheik's a guy. Even Ruto mentions it. ;)

And yes, that Silver Rupee is hard to get. Jumping to the goddess's hands were no easy feat, but it's still manageable.

I only call her a girl because in Super Smash Brothers Melee, Sheik's character is referred to as a girl. Ruto probably didn't know any better either when it came to Sheik. But either way, its obvious Sheik is suppose to look male due to being a disguise.

But yeah, I am in the Forest Temple right now and I just beated the group of Stalfos to get the Fairy Bow. Life is so much easier in this temple when you have the Fairy Bow. Those Flying Skulls with Flames are becoming a pest though. And it took me a while to drain the well in the courtyard and find the Small Key down there. :roll:

But I love the atmosphere to this temple. It looks like an abandoned castle in the middle of the forest. Why didn't Nintendo give any backstory on these temples? And the music is creepy and I love it!

Next up is to find the Boss Key and I know I have two more Poe Sisters to go.   :o