Author Topic: Weasal Stomping Day!  (Read 1204 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Weasal Stomping Day!
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:18:32 PM »
Anybody else buy the new Weird Al album? It's hilarious.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Weasal Stomping Day!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:11:42 AM »
I didn't even know he was still making CD's. :o  :o

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Weasal Stomping Day!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:02:16 AM »
Upon further review, it is spelled "Weasel." My bad.

Adult Swim said it best:
If someone in 1984 told you that in 22 years, Michael Jackson would be a flame-out and Weird Al Yankovic was still culturally relevant, they'd think you were nuts.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
Weasal Stomping Day!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Carveyfan""
Adult Swim said it best:
If someone in 1984 told you that in 22 years, Michael Jackson would be a flame-out and Weird Al Yankovic was still culturally relevant, they'd think you were nuts.

Even though I haven't listened to Al in years (though I still have the occasional "UHF" viewing), I'm impressed the guy is still out there making music.  I'll have to give the new CD a listen, it's been a while.

As for MJ, well...flame-out is the understatement of the year.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Weasal Stomping Day!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
Did you know one of the songs on the album was going to be a parody of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful?" Apparently, Blunt gave his permission for the parody, but the record company told Al not to release it, despite the fact Blunt gave his permisson. Al released the song from his myspace account.

Anyways, I'm definitely getting his new album. I loved his last album, Poodle Hat, and this one is sure to please. I'm still mad at Eminem for not letting Al parody his video.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
Weasal Stomping Day!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 07:31:35 PM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
Did you know one of the songs on the album was going to be a parody of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful?" Apparently, Blunt gave his permission for the parody, but the record company told Al not to release it, despite the fact Blunt gave his permisson. Al released the song from his myspace account.

Bump-and-a-half, but it turns out my (torrented) copy of the CD features this song as Track #13.