Author Topic: Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick  (Read 176967 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Daily Episode Log - GaS/TurboNick
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »
I remember there was a Season 1 episode where the half pendant was hidden somewhere else other than the the shrine was "Treasure Of Anne Bonny"

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
in the arm of shiva im pretty sure that evan puts his hand at the base of the shrine of the silver monky and pulls the other half pendant of of the base

He did. That's where the 1/2 pendent was usually hidden in season one. There's another episode where that happened. I think it was The Code Book of Mata Hari, but I'm not sure.

The half pendant is picked up by the frontrunner in The Codebook of Mata Hari & it's picked up by the second runner in Alexander and the Gordion Knot. And yeah, the it's picked up in the Stolen rm of Shiva too.

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2006, 12:39:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
I remember there was a Season 1 episode where the half pendant was hidden somewhere else other than the the shrine was "Treasure Of Anne Bonny"

Yeah. It was hanging on the ladder in the Throne Room. Kirk pointed that out for them too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2006, 02:53:56 PM »
Yeah, and I liked the picture of when the 2nd runner is picking up the pendant. He's like "Focus now, focus" acting as if the pendant was just gonne get up and walk away. :lol: (picture below)

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta -
I found it interesting that the moat crossing that they had was that one where one partner was in the water and the other partner had to balance on the floating raft and none of these kids fell in the water... not even the teams that didn't make it across. Another interesting note, the steps of knowledge was a double shut-out (the green monkeys and silver snakes answered all of the first 6 questions correctly). The temple games in this episode include close competitions in all 3 events. The temple run is an extremely excting solo run. Andrea did everything right and she even waved the hidden half pendant to her partner should he need it (it was hidden in a pot in the King's Storeroom). Then of course, after Andrea makes her way out of the temple, there's that famous, oddly-placed "cut-off" in which Kirk says "They're going to the Bahamas!" and then it immediately cuts to the credits.... I'm assuming that this is the last episode that AIRED. It would make sense, right? Oh, and there was no audience for the temple run.

The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman -
I actually like this episode. It has a good moat crossing. It's kinda comical because of what happens to the purple parrots when they're about to finish. The boy crosses and just leaves his partner to hang there. The steps of knowledge are good... nothing really notable happens. The temple games are pretty exciting, especially the third one. During the first temple game, you can see "The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara" in the Mine Shaft and "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John" in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Thetemple run was rather tragic and i blame it al on Brian, the frontrunner. He didn't try all the books in the Crypt before going down to the Ledges where he lost his pendant and wasted 30 seconds. He gets taken out in the Observatory. Gracelyn runs in but she's not particularly fast. She passes the hidden half pendant, but once again, i do not blame her... I blame Brian for not signalling to her because he was the one who hit the Observatory's actuator. Gracelyn makes her way to the King's Storeroom which was just another dead end (she could've gone straight down to Medusa's Lair from the Observatory). When she does go into Medusa's Lair, she gets removed by the third temple gaurd eventhough she tries to just give him the half pendant. This is the only Purple Parrots team to lose because of 3 temple gaurds.... but they made so many mistakes, they were gonna lose anyway.

:D

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2006, 04:13:29 AM »
Well, a 50/50 day today, as episode 1 features one of the last great moments in Legends history (rumor has it that this was the last ever episode recorded, as evidenced by the cut-off to the credits The Purple Parrot mentioned.)

The back end of the doubleheader is another in the long line of tragic Temple Runs.  Parrot already gave his detailed thoughts on this one, so I'll end this post right here.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2006, 04:53:47 AM »
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta - Wow... I haven't seen this in a long time, but I totally forgot how great it was. My top 3 episodes before were: Annie Taylor, Emiliano Zapata, & Sforza. This might overthrone Sforza. Kirk was very enthusiastic in this episode (I caught some squeeking from Olmec, did you guys?)! It was great! Double Sweep on Steps of Knowledge. The "On your marks... get set... LAUNCH! (off microphone) That mean's go!" was very funny. Kirk said they were going to the Bahamas at the end, but the trip was to San Diego. It was very exciting & I love the passion of the teams. They had excellent sportsmanship too.

The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman - I just caught the Plumed Headdress of Cosarara & The Lost Lion Tail of Little John in their respective rooms. This episode is pretty good, until the Temple Run. The Moat, hiliarious when Brian leaves Gracelyn on the ring, but nice recovery. The Steps of Knowledge was usual. I like how the first Temple Game links to the last, it did in another recent episode, but I forget which one (it was season 2), I'm gonna check the log now. The Imperial Robe of Empress Theodora, I think? Well, the Temple Run was pretty pathetic, but with the way they were going (I don't know if the Observatory-Medusa's Lair door as open, but I'll check at the end of the episode, it's on now), it was a very good use of "go backwards to go foward" strategy. Brian was a re-re & didn't try all 3 doors, & ran into an Temple Guard in the Ledges, that was unnecessary. Then he didn't point out the 1/2 Pendant on the Observatory-Troubled Bridge actuator. Gracelyn foolishly didn't notice it & got caught with a 1/2 Pendant. *sigh* Stupid re-res. By the way, I have this episode on tape from a rerun on Nickelodeon in like 1997-1998.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »
Trust me, the Observatory-Medusa's Lair door opened. :wink:

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2006, 11:17:55 AM »
Yeah, you can tell when she gets taken out. I liked the "go backwards to go foward" thing though. Without that, it's more like The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftan & the Jeweled Scabbard of Sfroza.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2006, 12:49:16 AM »
The Milk Bucket of Freydis -
This is easily one of my favorite temple runs. These Purple Parrots were a great team, but it was only one Purple Parrot that mattered in the end. Tarrah was easily one of the littlest players that made it to the temple, but she did it all by herself. She seemed to get very lucky in certain rooms (The Jester's Court comes to mind). She made a wrong turn at one point and sometiems she was hesitant but she grabbed the bucket with around 30-something seconds. We all know what happens next. She goes into the pit and tries to jump across the chasm!.... but she smacks against the cliff on the other side and falls to the bottom of the pit! <3 Then she's making her way into the ledges and you can see that the bucket is broken on the bottom. She finally climbs out of the temple for a very close 1 second win!

NOTE: I'm led to believe that the other temple gaurds were in the Mine Shaft and the Crypt because those are the only rooms that Tarrah never enters besides The Room of the Mandarin Hand (which no doors open toward).

The Helmet of Genghis Kahn -
It's a pretty regular episode that results in a win for the Red Jaguars. One notable thing is that in the second temple game, the score was zero to zero so they both got the half pendant. I guess the moat crossing was pretty close too. The temple run wasn't particularly difficult but still, a win's a win. :P

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »
I noticed something when I watched the Bifocal Monocle yesterday, the second runner picked up the half pendent in The Tomb of the Headless Kings.  It was setting on the right chair, and I saw him pick it up and put it on his wrist

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38:17 AM »
Quote from: ""Mstrgmr""
I noticed something when I watched the Bifocal Monocle yesterday, the second runner picked up the half pendent in The Tomb of the Headless Kings.  It was setting on the right chair, and I saw him pick it up and put it on his wrist

I suppose I'll have to add that to my site, then! Thank you.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2006, 07:33:07 AM »
A 2-for-2 day on the Legends block today!

The Milk Bucket of Freydis- Ah, yes... the legendary jump that was not to be.  LOL.  Definately one of the funniest moments in Legends history.  Tarrah wasn't the fastest, or the smartest runner in the world, but she got the job done, even if it did end rather painfully. :P

Not much to say about the Helmet of Genghis Kahn.  The layout was somewhat easy, so the chances were good that the Run result in a win.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:41 AM »
The Milk Bucket of Freydis - Wow, tihs is in my top 10 favorite episodes. Tarrah was so cute! Chris was awesome too. Tarrah wasn't the strongest, fastest, or smartest, she got a little confused at one point, but she still knew what she was doing (besides one point, that only wasted like 2 seconds). So, in the end, great job Tarrah! You grabbed the Milk Bucket. Then, she tries to jump the 2 ledges in the Pit of Despair & boom! She lands face first & falls back into the Pit of Despair (kinda reminds me of Carmen on Fear Factor Season 2, when he had to jump between to ski boats. He pulled a Tarrah & flew into the water XD). What I find more exciting was Tarrah entering the Ledges. She puts the bucket on her right side & tries to get into the crawl tube! But the Milk Bucket, being a pretty wide object, she gets wedged between the wall in the crawl tube & the Bucket itself! She tries & tries & she finally gets through, crawls out through the Ledges, & it's a 1 second victory. Note, I have this episode on tape from a 97-98 rerun, just like the Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman, & the Helmet of Genghis Khan (I'll do my "review" of it later tonight, since I wanna watch something else now, & I'll just catch the 7:30 show).

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2006, 10:04:12 AM »
Milk Bucket Of Freydis, a purple parrot win. I like that ep 8)