Author Topic: The Music Thread  (Read 539 times)

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
The Music Thread
« on: February 12, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »
So it seems like some of you guys like to post some threads about new songs, CD releases, or rant on Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber, so okay then, I'll make this thread.

I'll start by discussing about Lady Gaga's new song "Born This Way", which I thought it was 'meh-okay'. It reminds me of Madonna songs from the 80s/early 90s, mixed with current beats. Although it has a catchy beat... :?: :?: :?: :?

Other than Lady Gaga, I just got Stacking from the PSN store and I really like the piano/orchestra music it has. Blends very well with the game and design overall.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 01:09:21 AM »
Thanks, but I like reading the "What are you Listening to?" thread better. I don't post in it, but other peoples taste of music is pretty interesting.

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that thread, but then again, if you wanna discuss about music in general, but it's not gonna be me talking about Lady Gaga all the time.

I don't know, if you wanna discuss about music in a much comprehensive way or whatever it relates to music rather than focusing on what you're listening to right now, come over here if you like.  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:19:11 AM by Toltendo »
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
Play Devil's Advocate if you must, Toltendo. :P I must confess her music is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me (if anybody tries to flame me for disagreeing with them I'll be disappointed), but I'm actually on the fence about buying any of her stuff rather than a casual occasional listen on YouTube (I mean, it's not like I listen THAT often), and I still think as a person she's an egotistical freak on a stick.

So, I'm guessing Toltendo may be waiting for Born This Way... But what other albums are you guys waiting for this year? Personally, I'm looking forward to the next ones by Megadeth, Nightwish and Lacuna Coil which should all be out later in the year, but I've also been meaning to check out Elysium, the new album by Stratovarius.

I'll probably also check out The Unforgiving by Within Temptation when it comes out, but I'm a little worried about that album since, from the two songs that were previewed, it sounds like they seriously downplayed one of the signature elements of their sound.  The new single, "Faster," is actually pretty catchy, but the changes to their sound may not suit them...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:20:58 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!