Author Topic: Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?  (Read 8311 times)

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »
I think I now recall the frequent Fogg-up that I used to remember all the time...intead of saying "Jester's Court" he always wound up saying "The Court Jester".

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2006, 06:14:41 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
I'm sure the crew didn't keep the names straight.  That could also be the reason why Jammin' Jon referred to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings as the "Sarcophagus Room" (Kirk might have made that gaffe too, but I don't remember).

I thought Kirk called it that before Jammin' Jon did, but again, I can see that happening. After all, I think Kirk butchered the name of every room at least once in the temple.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2006, 06:23:26 AM »
I personally cannot stand when Kirk calls the Minshaft, the Well or The Well Room.... :evil:

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2006, 08:33:08 AM »
When you think about it, everybody calling The Wheel Room by that name is also a Fogg-Up, since it was technically called The Pit of Despair.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »
True, but calling it "The Wheel Room" probably helps people distinguish it from the other Pit of Despair.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »
It was called the Pit of Despair for selected layouts throughout the first two seasons, in conjunction with whatever objectives occupied its space. Olmec simply referred to the Pit of the Pendulum as that and "the pit" in the third season.

It's really bizarre... As I'm thinking about this, I'm realizing that there was very little logic to the Pit of Despair titling, which of course makes it difficult for the webmaster of a rather definitive Legends website...

What is a poor webmaster to do? I'll have to address that problem in the new Temple Layouts section eventually.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2006, 02:08:05 PM »
Kirk had a bunch of Fogg-Ups in today's episodes.

In The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed, he mentioned that the Silver Snakes, during the moat crossing, had "no problem [unintelligible], no problem at all." Before the Steps of Knowledge, he told the teams that he would ask them a question, which is bizarre that he would make that mistake since the only questions he ever asked were season one tiebreakers. Then, before the third temple game, he said, "Whoever wins this name, game, goes to the temple." Finally, he said that the backrunner from the Orange Iguanas would be heading to The Pottery Room.

But perhaps the most famous Fogg-Up of all time occurs in The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard. I mentioned this one earlier, but here it is again; while he's consoling the Silver Snakes for losing the game, he says something to the effect of, "I hate to say goodbye to the Silver Monkeys, but we've got a great gift for them, and here's what it is." I think it's funny that NOBODY bothered to call him out on that.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
By that point in the show's run, they probably just shook their heads and said, "That's our Kirk!"

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but I felt I should get my 2 cents in.

Quote from: ""PAK Man""
The Squirrel Run? I've heard the Wheel Room called a lot of bizarre names, but The Squirrel Run? Not even Kirk would say that!

"The Squirrel Run" trumps "The Hamster Wheel" IMO.  I mean, who keeps a pet squirrel?

Anyway, I love how Kirk completely blanks at the beginning of King Tut's Cobra Staff. "She's going up into? the room where she's gonna have to hit one of those to open the door!"

Then there's the "dreaded Temple Games" in The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce, Kirk tripping all over the Room of the Secret Password in The Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley.  But I think we're forgetting this one from The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein, and i quote The Mandarin Hand on this one:

- "The Silver Snakes Red Blue Barracudas" (the Blue Barracudas, during the Steps of Knowledge)

Talk about an identity crisis!
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »
*Super Bump*

I found that some of my favorite Fogg Ups/Quotes were in the Milk Bucket of Freydis.

"Ohhh it's spittin'! It's a mad cow!" (The spitting cow game)

"Stop your spitting! HEY! HEY! Stop that spitting!" (After the game)

"They're wet, they're tired, they had a big battle with the cow here." (After the game)

And there was a rare Olmec flub as well.

"When Kirk gives the signal, crawl into the...crawl out to the first cube..."

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
I wouldn't call it a screw-up since it was actually clever, but I liked Kirk's famous saying from "The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus":

''They'll have to meet each other over and over and over again... This sounds like 'Groundhog Day'... ''
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Toltendo

• Toltendo, person who watches Legends
  • Pharaoh
    • View Profile
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »
I hav one that may not be a Fogg-up, but in the episode of "Henry's VIII's Great Seal", Kirk sounded very "joyful" in a sarcastic way. The way he talks is very funny because he's acting like he was on mushrooms or some kind of drug.
"I literally spat Coke on my computer screen when I saw that new screen name." -The Bandit King

Sorry, but I'm caught in a bad romance. Could you pick up the telephone and just dance? The paparazzi are here to video phone us. -Toltendo

<iframe src="http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/getDynamicImage.do?memberName=Toltendo&mnOn=true&stat=1&imageNum=2&rankOn=true&projectsOn=false&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></ifram