Author Topic: Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?  (Read 7439 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »
Not exactly a Fogg-up, but of the same ilk.

In the Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley (thanks for the upload BTW), after Olmec's description of the third temple game, Kirk goes "Oh, I've played this game before. It's called Ring Around the Monster!"

Silence.

Kirk musta felt like an idiot after that bomb.

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 08:47:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Carveyfan""

In the Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley (thanks for the upload BTW), after Olmec's description of the third temple game, Kirk goes "Oh, I've played this game before. It's called Ring Around the Monster!"

Silence.

LOL, reminds me of Wesley Eure's bad jokes when he hosted Finders Keepers, another classic Nick game show.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2006, 07:15:26 AM »

In the Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley (thanks for the upload BTW), after Olmec's description of the third temple game, Kirk goes ''Oh, I've played this game before. It's called Ring Around the Monster!''

Silence.

Kirk also had a good one in another episode... I forgot which it was, but it was the game where the players had to swing out on trapezes to transfer objects from one to another. ''They'll have to meet each other over and over and over again... This sounds like 'Groundhog Day.'''

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »
Heh, ironically, that Mysterious Manuscript episode we've been talking about is part of today's Nick GAS Legends doubleheader.

Another good Fogg quote comes from The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa.  It came after the second temple game, where the teams had to slide down the chute as far as they could, and whoever had the longest distance at the end won.  The teams slid down so much that Kirk quipped, "By the looks of things, you look a bit soapy."

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »
Whenever he would screw up things that he said in EVERY EPISODE.  For example, I think it was "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine The Great", where he stumbled all over, "Only one team will enter Olmec's temple".

Also, who could forget this witty little gem: "Exit, stage left!"

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 10:22:40 AM »
Say what you will about Kirk, but that 'Exit Stage Left' just cinches how much he loved his job.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 10:27:03 AM »
Yeah, maybe I was being a little hard on ol' Kirk.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »
I remember in one episode, Kirk called this kid Chris "Brandon".

Brandon is MY name! LOL

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2006, 12:58:15 AM »
"When we come back, we'll see if the Purple Parrots can retrieve the bone necklace of John Smith, right after this!"

I'm surprised they didn't edit that. :P

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 04:30:35 AM »
This isn't a Fogg-up, but a much rarer Dee Baker flub: in The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, when he's announcing prizes, he says "the ring" instead of "the map".

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2006, 05:15:26 AM »
Yeah. In "The Ruby Earring of Benzibab" when Kevin is running across the Pit of the Pendulum with the ruby earring, Kirk says "He's got the watch!" So was this filmed the same time as "The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie"?

Today, in "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief" Kirk is all like "We'll see if the Purple Parrots can retrieve the Necklace of John Smith right after this!" It was so funny.

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 03:58:32 PM »
There's the fact that he usually says "You have to get your head on straight." while they're assembling the silver monkey.

Also, someone was having some trouble with a room (I think it was the swamp), and he says "Some people never escape from the (name of room)."  When he said that, the contestants partner just shot him this vicious glare.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2006, 10:29:17 AM »
Quote from: ""Blue Barracuda""
Also, someone was having some trouble with a room (I think it was the swamp), and he says "Some people never escape from the (name of room)."  When he said that, the contestants partner just shot him this vicious glare.

Something similar happened with the Dungeon. Whenever a contestant went in there, Kirk would make a comment about the skeletons, calling them former contestants. Also, in the first season, whenever someone used the ladder in the Dungeon/Mine Shaft/Well, he always said they were heading to the Pirate's Cove/Torch Room, and then immediately correct himself and say the Shrine.

Offline Blue Barracuda

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
Kirk also had a good one in another episode... I forgot which it was, but it was the game where the players had to swing out on trapezes to transfer objects from one to another. ''They'll have to meet each other over and over and over again... This sounds like 'Groundhog Day.'''

That one was in "The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamous."  In that same episode, he called the miiddle room "Medusa's Lair", when it was The room of the Manderian Hand.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:20 PM »
ALL IN THE MUSSEL SHELL ARMOR OF APANUPEC:

Oh, he's into the quagmire, the merky quagmire (Kirk about Gator entering the Quicksand Bog)

The classic: He's into the King's Storeroom, no into the Chamber of the Sacred Markers!

GATOR-UPS:

When he crosses the Pit of the Pendulum, you see a mussel fall into the Pit. When the camera zooms in on the Armor after the Temple Run, you see a Mussel hanging loose.