Author Topic: Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?  (Read 8384 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Kirk's Fogg-Ups - What are your favorites?
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »
I think he looks like Diedrich Bader.

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2006, 04:19:21 AM »
Anyone catch last night's fogg-up? During the moat crossing, he had been giving the team order and it ended with the purple parrots. Then he said something about the red jaguars but said red parrots instead.

Offline whammypower788

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2006, 09:05:44 AM »
Dee was the announcer for Shop 'Til You Drop for PAX-produced episodes.  He was usually on camera at least once per show, as Grandma Kermudgeon, "Dee-Vine," or somebody else.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
Dee was also on The Journey of Allen Strange, an old Nickelodeon show that doesn't air anymore.

As for more Fogg-Ups, he had a few embarrassing ones in today's episodes. In Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, he called the Red Jaguars the Red Jah-Guars before the second temple game. In The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicia, he called the Dark Forest the Ancient Forest. Out of all the rooms, you'd think there was no way he could mess up The Dark Forest, but he found a way to. He's also referred to the Quicksand Bog as "The Murky Quagmire" and has referred to the Court Jester's Court or the Court Jester several times in relation to the Jester's Court.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »
My favorite one from the "Royal Torque" episode is, "She did a great job.  He did a great job.  We all did a great job!"  I tried to riff on this in one of my fanfic episodes (we're all out of breath), but no one can come up with memorable gaffes quite the same way as Kirk.  :lol:

I think the Murky Quagmire is a good name for the room, actually.

Offline whammypower788

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »
As for Fogg-ups, here's two from Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress:

Kirk: What's your favorite song to play on the trumpet?
Contestant: Yesterday.
Kirk: Yesterday?  I mean today.
Contestant: No, Yesterday, by the Beatles.

Kirk: Sir Lawrence Arabia's Headdress

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2006, 07:08:18 PM »
Was he messing up the contestant's name during the...I think it was the battle flag ep? He kept saing Car-o-LEE-na and I thought it should have been Car-o-LINE-a but she didn't say anything...

The golden web ep had the "temple games" instead of "temple guards" mistake during the pendant spiel.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »
Quote from: ""PurpleParrotFan""
Was he messing up the contestant's name during the...I think it was the battle flag ep? He kept saing Car-o-LEE-na and I thought it should have been Car-o-LINE-a but she didn't say anything...

No, he's pronouncing it right. My dad used to have a girl work for him named Carolina and it was pronounced Care-o-Leen-Ah.

I'm not sure if this counts as a Fogg-Up, but it's definitely one of Kirk's most interesting quotes ever. In The Mask of Shaka Zulu, when Kirk is congratulating the Jaguars, he tells them more or less this. "You won the glider, you won the camera, you're going to Puerto Rico. You can take the glider to Puerto Rico." Why did Kirk say that? Was the kid actually wondering if he could bring the glider to Puerto Rico? What about the camera? Does it get left alone? This quote always made me laugh, because I don't think Kirk realized how rediculous he sounded.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »
Yes, because if a kid is going to do anything in Puerto Rico, it's fly a glider.  This was also the episode where he asked the Red Jaguars boy, "How did you do that?", when his victory really wasn't that exceptional, despite having so much time left.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:27 AM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""
I'm not sure if this counts as a Fogg-Up, but it's definitely one of Kirk's most interesting quotes ever. In The Mask of Shaka Zulu, when Kirk is congratulating the Jaguars, he tells them more or less this. "You won the glider, you won the camera, you're going to Puerto Rico. You can take the glider to Puerto Rico." Why did Kirk say that? Was the kid actually wondering if he could bring the glider to Puerto Rico? What about the camera? Does it get left alone? This quote always made me laugh, because I don't think Kirk realized how rediculous he sounded.

It also sounded to me like he was pronouncing "Puerto Rico" like "Purreeko." :lol:

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2006, 11:08:47 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
It also sounded to me like he was pronouncing "Puerto Rico" like "Purreeko." :lol:

Yeah, that always amused me.

Another interesting note on the boy from the Jaguars; listen to when he describes his strategy. He says something to the effect of: "I'm going to keep as low as I can. I'm gonna go to the Squirrel, the Squirrel Run, and then into the Throne."

The Squirrel Run? I've heard the Wheel Room called a lot of bizarre names, but The Squirrel Run? Not even Kirk would say that!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »
That's nothing, I remember the girl from "Collar Of Davy Crockett" called the wheel room the "Hampster Wheel" room.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2006, 11:24:20 AM »
Quote from: ""PAK Man""

Yeah, that always amused me.

Another interesting note on the boy from the Jaguars; listen to when he describes his strategy. He says something to the effect of: "I'm going to keep as low as I can. I'm gonna go to the Squirrel, the Squirrel Run, and then into the Throne."

The Squirrel Run? I've heard the Wheel Room called a lot of bizarre names, but The Squirrel Run? Not even Kirk would say that!

That brings up an interesting point. It's possible, during his briefing of the temple before taping, that the guide called it that. I see no other reason he'd call it the Squirrel Run.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »
That brings up an interesting point. It's possible, during his briefing of the temple before taping, that the guide called it that. I see no other reason he'd call it the Squirrel Run.

I've never thought of that before. Now that you mention that, I can see that happening. After all, it's usually the crew members of a show who know the least about it.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »
I'm sure the crew didn't keep the names straight.  That could also be the reason why Jammin' Jon referred to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings as the "Sarcophagus Room" (Kirk might have made that gaffe too, but I don't remember).