Author Topic: Favorite New Season Three Room  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Favorite New Season Three Room
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
I'd say Room Of The Ancient Warriors. Not copying Purple Parrot's opinion I just think that was a cool room. :)

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »
I never really cared too much for the Room of the Ancient Warriors, because the amount of time spent while the Temple Guard caught you varied greatly depending on which Guard (spotter) was there.  Some would just turn to the side for a second or so, while some would spin the contestant all the way around and hold them there for five seconds.

Agreed, the Room of the Ancient Warriors was a cool concept but the temple guards took too long, as if they just HAD to get some face time in.  It was especially frustrating in "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible", when the second player was just a room away but then got held up forever by a temple guard.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 09:45:42 AM »
Agreed, the Room of the Ancient Warriors was a cool concept but the temple guards took too long, as if they just HAD to get some face time in.  It was especially frustrating in "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible", when the second player was just a room away but then got held up forever by a temple guard.

OMG, i have to agree with you there. That team was one of the fastest the temple had ever seen and they still didn't make it to the artifact. The temple design was just brutal. And, i agree, it looked like Elisa could've pulled off a last second grabbing of the seal, but the temple gaurd in the Room of the Ancient Warriors just stuck a fork in her.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 10:23:15 AM »
Yeah, if that temple guard didn't delay her, she could have retrieved the discarded seal and she would have won.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 10:41:23 AM »
Well, i dunno about won. She only had like 16 seconds when the gaurd grabbed her and the third suit of armor was the one that would've opened the door... She definitely would've been able to grab it though.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 11:29:10 AM »
Yeah, thats true. Maybe its a possible it could have been a close finish.

Offline Cornholio

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »
They just had to get rid of the mandarin hand room...

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 02:01:47 AM »
My overall favorite room in season 3 is the Quicksand Bog. While it's still one of those bash-the-wall-or-hit-an-actuator rooms, at least it's filled with pseudo-quicksand. Plus, climbing a slide? Much harder than standing in an elevator twiddling your thumbs. That's a hardcore room.

But the most improved award definitely goes to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. The center rooms always looked thrown together in the second season (Medusa's Lair had the same Heart Room paint job, but with the head of Medusa at the front - oooooh, MEDUSA'S LAIR), and they put some serious time into the Chamber. Plus, as others have mentioned, there's the sweet center shaft where temple guards can hide and terrify innocent youth after opening the door. Actually, now that I think about it, this is also a hardcore room.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors kind of made me upset. The door between that room and the Jester's Court had to be pulled because of space constraints (I would think), and that reduced the possible temple layouts and choices the contestants could make. The idea was good, but in practice, I don't think it worked as well as it should have. I like temple guards grabbing people in the suits of armor, though. Wow, now that I really think about it, all the new rooms were much more hardcore than the ones they replaced.

Offline Medusa

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 08:00:15 AM »
The room of the ancient warriors. I would have been scared to death to be grabbed by a temple guard there.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »
My favorite new season three room was the Quicksand Bog. It was much quicker than the Well/Mine Shaft, plus the addition of the "quagmire" was a new challenge to the temple that I really enjoyed.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 05:04:29 PM »
the chamber of the sacred markers is too over-rated. you couldn't even see the bottom half of the markers and the kids stood right in front of the wall so you didn't even know what was going on until the doors opened. also in many episodes when there was a temple guard in the door leading up, you could see the door moving.

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 01:36:42 AM »
Quote from: ""MedusasLair""
The room of the ancient warriors. I would have been scared to death to be grabbed by a temple guard there.

No kidding. The Bent Shaving Pan of Jedediah Smith episode is a good one to watch if you like people being terrorized by temple guards. Sheeeeesh.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 04:10:03 AM »
Or the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible. I'll never forget the first time i rewatched that one. I was like "She's gonna get it!" and then the worst thing that could happen happened. A temple gaurd grabs her. Oh, it's a good one too. It's pretty much the reason that that team doesn't reach the artifact. That and it was an imposible layout, but what ya gonna do? :P

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 01:25:27 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Or the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible. I'll never forget the first time i rewatched that one. I was like "She's gonna get it!" and then the worst thing that could happen happened. A temple gaurd grabs her. Oh, it's a good one too. It's pretty much the reason that that team doesn't reach the artifact. That and it was an imposible layout, but what ya gonna do? :P

I still remember talking with one of my other Legends-obsessed friends back in the day about how that layout would be supremely difficult, and then sure enough, a season later they did it, and the team didn't make it. Temple guards or not, that was a tough one.

There were a lot of tough layouts in season 3, actually, like the Marble Armrest of Xerxes where the team had to go all the way around the horn to get to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. Ridiculous. I guess not giving away prizes is one way to cut costs.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 02:16:43 AM »
The King's Store Room is easier than the S2 King's Store Room. Why? The pedestals/pots are closer together. In S2, if the third pot and thrid pedestal opens the door(Golden Earing of Henry Morgan)the player has to walk from one end of the room to the other, then back, and then back again! In Season 3 they are so close together they just take a step.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle