Poll

Which episode featured the hardest Temple Run configuration the show ever used?

"Ponce de León and the Lost Fountain of Youth"
2 (16.7%)
"The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd"
0 (0%)
"The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible"
7 (58.3%)
"The Dried Apple Half of William Tell"
0 (0%)
"The Golden Goblet of Attila the Hun"
0 (0%)
"The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce"
0 (0%)
"The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade"
1 (8.3%)
"The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein"
2 (16.7%)
"The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu"
0 (0%)
My choice isn't up here
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: What do you think was the hardest layout?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
What do you think was the hardest layout?
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »
I've put up ten episodes I think had the toughest layouts in the history of Legends.  Of course, if you guys disagree, I've also put in a "My choice isn't up here" option for your convenience. :P

They had a lot of cruel layouts, but I think "The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein" takes the cake.  They would've entered every room of the Temple if they reached the Portrait, and this is Season 3 we're talking about.  Even if you gave this layout to Zac Turney and that Jennifer from "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl," I don't think it would result in a victory.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:55:16 AM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:14:30 PM »
its between the missing portrait and the discarded seal but the seal just seemed impossible.

I havn't seen it so i probably shouldn't be talking but i dont think the golden goblet of atilla the hun was a hard layout I am pretty sure that the door to the laser light room would have opened.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
I voted for "Dried Apple Half Of William Tell" even though I haven't seen that one yet. I have seen the layout though, and it look pretty brutal to me.

Offline StaryFurySK

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 01:54:03 PM »
i have not seen some of the episodes (my only means of getting them is if someone puts them up, whether it be RP or a different site).  The worst one by far was the first one made, the golden cup of belshazzar, but it was a production error (or as some think...a long deadend).

I would put the missing portrait as the worst as most other runs had a good possibility of alternate routes.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »
The Lost Fountain of Youth. The layout itself wasn't too bad, it was the placement of the temple guards that made it difficult.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »
I'm still convinced the Shrine-Bog door opened in the Holbein episode (that would have been my other choice), so my vote goes to the Discarded Seal. They did everything right, including making it back to the podium after knocking over the column. Also, a temple guard two rooms away is horrible, especially for season 3. The final thing was how the Room of the Ancient Warriors was set up. In every other episode, the suit of armor that had a temple guard also opened the door, however this was not true for the Discarded Seal. After the temple guard grabbed her, she was forced to try the second and third armor. She would have gotten it had the first one opened the door.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:17:57 PM »
I'd say the Discarded Seal... I mean, a lot can be said about the other runs, but I genuinely felt that the two players in the Seal episode were above-average contestants. But, you know the ending...

"Come here; let me keep you from getting that Discarded Seal at the last second."

The Apple Half episode also appeared to have a difficult layout, but we'll never know what it was because the team didn't get far enough.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
The Apple Half episode also appeared to have a difficult layout, but we'll never know what it was because the team didn't get far enough.

I'm gonna guess that since they had to take so much time in the Pit of the Pendulum, they would've opened the vertical and diagonal passages [into the Shrine of the Silver Monkey] to make the layout possible.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 04:29:05 PM »
I voted for the Discarded Seal of Ivan also.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:06:28 PM »
I voted for Hans Holbein.  Those are all hard, but going through the entire temple just to get to the portrait takes the cake.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 05:12:53 PM »
I voted for the Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible, but they're all hard.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »
Discarded Seal for sure.

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »
I also voted for The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think was the hardest layout?
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:16 AM »
I assume this used to be a poll. I'll throw my name in the bin and go with something no one has said yet: The Marble Armrest of Xerxes. This one was just brutal. The girl entered both the Crypt and the Ledges with no guards popping out (she could've pulled all the books, but she just went with first one which opened the Ledges). A guard appeared in the Tomb of the Headless Kings and then the Quicksand Bog where she was taken out (there was no key in the Dark Forest, so she had to plow through the wall). Then her partner went through and tried the Bog-Shrine door and that didn't open. Then he had even more problems with the slide. It's like the slide was purposely slicker than before (previous run was Zac Turney's run). If the production crew felt like major assholes that day, they would've made the boy go up into the King's Storeroom via Room of the Ancient Warriors, thus forcing this team to go through EVERY room in the temple. However, that wouldn't have happened because the boy never got the other half pendant hanging on a button in the Jester's Court. He would've been taken out of the temple unless both the King's Storeroom and the Chamber of the Sacred Markers opened with the guard being in the upper room.

Yeah, Hans Holbein is very tough too, but the kid went down the slide, not up it. I rank that one third right behind Ivan the Terrible (second because of guard placements) and Xerxes (first).

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think was the hardest layout?
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 01:51:36 AM »
You know, I think "the Marble Armrest of Xerxes: is one of the more overlooked tough layouts of the show. That team had no choices in their path, and were forced to take the horn in the temple.

But I still have to say Hans Holbein was a tougher layout due to the fact the team had to enter the Chamber from below. I mean they were denied any shortcuts in the run and still had to complete the Jester's Court and Tomb of the Headless Kings.