Author Topic: What was the first episode of Legends you saw?  (Read 7823 times)

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
What was the first episode of Legends you saw?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 03:40:06 AM »
Mine was "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi." I remember because I was watching with my mom (I was probably 9 years old at the time) and we both got confused as to why Kirk would say that "Shane is Gandhi." What the HELL was he talking about?

Offline silversnakeman

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nicklegends
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »
I don't remember my first episode was when the show aired on regular Nick, since I was only 3. But when I got Dish Network in 2005, the first episode I saw was the Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 07:43:22 AM »
Man, that was such a long time ago. I don't remember the exact episode, but I do remember getting scared to death by the Temple Guards. The first season two episode I saw was The Shriveled Hand of Efoua, and season three was The Bullet-Riddled Hand Bag of Belle Boyd. I unfortunately do not remember the first episode I ever saw. I was only five at the time.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 08:29:12 AM »
I don't emember much from when it was on Nickelodeon either.  I only remembered the Temple Games from The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon, the Silver Snakes gong lighting up white, and some kid being caught by a Temple Spirit in a Season 3 episode (I remember Kirk mention the Quicksand Bog in his play-by-play.  I'm fairly confident that episode was The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd.)

Post #400.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline .SHY

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »
I cant remember which episode was my first, but I remember seeing a commercial the day I first got cable in fall 1994.

Kirk and Olmec were talking about the show, and Kirk makes some kind of silly joke and Olmec responds with "Don't take me for granite."

I didn't know it was a gameshow until I actually watched it.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »
The first time I saw Legends I was 2 years old and can't remember it for the life of me. As far as I know, it was from Season 2 and the temple run had a temple guard catch the frontrunner in the Dark Forest. I also remember the trident episode probably because of how ironic it was and because I liked to chew trident gum at that age so it stuck.

The first episode i could fully remember was Galileo's cannon ball.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline Medusa

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:47 AM »
Back in 2003 I believe, first episode I ever saw was the Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth and the second episode was The Mask of Shaka Zulu.

Random info:
First seen..
Season 1: The Mask of Shaka Zulu
Season 2: The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman
Season 3: Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure, through confirmation from other posters, my first Legends episode, was Lawrence Of Arabia's Headdress (right?).

I remembering watching the previews of the show, before the series premiere, and it was the first one they showed, I was about 7 at the time I believe, 2nd grade or something like that.

Pretty much watched the show every week.  I'm pretty sure it was on Saturday nights, and I never missed it.

I watched it until about 3rd grade, when I moved away from that house, and moved to a house without cable.

Simple.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:55 AM »
Quote from: ""TBombMadeEZ""
I'm pretty sure, through confirmation from other posters, my first Legends episode, was Lawrence Of Arabia's Headdress (right?).

I remembering watching the previews of the show, before the series premiere, and it was the first one they showed, I was about 7 at the time I believe, 2nd grade or something like that.

Pretty much watched the show every week.  I'm pretty sure it was on Saturday nights, and I never missed it.

I watched it until about 3rd grade, when I moved away from that house, and moved to a house without cable.

Simple.

Do you remember what the promos were like

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
I don't think it was anything memorable. I just remember the fact that I COULD NOT miss the first show.

I'm pretty sure it was just action shots of the show, and it was saying, "tune in" at a certain time frame.

I just remember how awesome it was and how excited I got, because the first episode they actually won and it had me hooked forever.

Remember, I was in 2nd grade, so you picked and chose what you liked and, for the first episode,  what I really remember for sure was the artifact was placed on a head, in whatever variation of the swamp it was (holes of python) and the green monkeys were running.  People at the board verified it for me that this was the one I saw.

The main thing I remember is how cool everything looked, when Olmec was telling us how to go through the temple.  As a kid, everything looked so cool, and enchanting.

Of course the main thing we were worried about, were the temple guards.  You kind of always knew when they were going to pop out, but you were always scared when they did.

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 10:55:46 PM »
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 03:19:43 AM »
Emphasis on lucky! You started out seeing one of the best episodes in the show's entire run.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 06:21:46 AM »
The Lucky Pillow was the 1st Season 2 episode I ever saw. I remember I mistaked it for a Season 3 episode when I first saw it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 06:28:21 AM »
Did you see it on Nick GaS or in reruns on Nick?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2007, 06:29:59 AM »
Neither, I saw it on YouTube.