Author Topic: What was the longest Moat?  (Read 312 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
What was the longest Moat?
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:22:44 PM »
I didn't actually listen to the Kirk Fogg interview, but I hear he said there was a Moat crossing that lasted for 45 minutes.  The way I see it, it's either The Stone Head of the Evil King or The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King.  (How weird, two legends about rocks with King in their name.  And with the exact same Moat crossing.) Personally I lean torwards The Stone Head of the Evil King cause they start the show off right in front of Olmec, but I hear in the Cracked Crown episode the Moat lost its mist about a third of the way through.  Which one do you think was longer?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:55:57 PM »
That's actually a very good question. I have a feeling that both of them took a very long time, but with the extreme editing (you'd only be seeing about a tenth of the moat's length), it might be difficult to determine for sure which one was longer... I'm going to guess and say that the Cracked Crown one was longer because the fog disappeared so early in the round in proportion to the Moat's length. There might have been some additional continuity issues that forced the editors to shorten the intro for the Head episode.

Come to think of it, how did Kirk's reactions after the two Moats differ? That could be a clue... I know after the Cracked Crown one he said something like, "Wow, what a Moat!" but I can't remember the Head one.

And another thing that may make it difficult to tell: Remember how each round of the day's shows are taped in sequence? Maybe the fog machine didn't have enough recovery time between episodes and so it cut out more quickly in the Crown episode. I really have no idea.

EDIT: By the way, this topic belongs in the Heart Room (which has been an unusually quick-moving forum recently...) I'll move it there shortly.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »
Interesting theory about the fog machine.  And talking about this almost makes me wonder about the order of the Layout XI episodes.  I think The Stone Head of the Evil King was first just cus it was in the first layout to feature Medusa's Lair and the legend centered around Perseus and Medusa.  And I'm betting they could only produce four episodes each day (four with no snakes in Medusa's head? the others were the Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith, The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora, and I think the Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed) but they had to reuse the same moat the next day for another few.  I can't remember if Kirk commented about the Stone Head Moat like that, however? damn the people who run Nick GaS.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »
Yes, when Kirk was telling that story, he said "the fog disappeared...the fog, not Kirk Fogg".  I shouldn't have found that as funny as I did.

I remember Cracked Crown being slightly longer, although, as Nicklegends says, the fog disappeared sooner in that one, so I might just perceive it that way.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 06:05:46 PM »
Thinking about this more... Maybe "The Stone Head of the Evil King" was edited first, but they didn't know what to do to totally edit down the Moat, and the Cracked Crown had a longer one?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:04:38 AM »
One moat crossing I found was really long was the one in "Lost Hornpipe Of The Pirate Captain" They had the belly sliding game in that episode and it seemed like no one was even getting across. I remember the 'Cracked Crown episode had a really long moat crossing and I'm not sure on 'Stone Heads' moat crossing.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 06:33:33 AM »
What about The Plumed Headdress of Cosarara? I remember it's the moat crossing where both team members have to get on a tire swing and there's only 3 tires hanging across the moat. I'm pretty sure it came down to Red, Purple, and Orange and no one was getting across.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:10 AM »
Oh I've never seen that one.  Did the Babalonian wheels Moat usually take a long time?

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 07:00:52 AM »
In the interview he said that it was the moat crossing where you had to hold the log so probably either the crown or the head of the evil king

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 07:19:40 AM »
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
One moat crossing I found was really long was the one in "Lost Hornpipe Of The Pirate Captain" They had the belly sliding game in that episode and it seemed like no one was even getting across.

Yeah, I don't think that was quite as long as some of the others we mentioned, but it still took a while.  When even Jessica and Jarrid are having a hard time, you should change moat crossings.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 07:21:17 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
Quote from: ""Purple Parrots Fan""
One moat crossing I found was really long was the one in "Lost Hornpipe Of The Pirate Captain" They had the belly sliding game in that episode and it seemed like no one was even getting across.

Yeah, I don't think that was quite as long as some of the others we mentioned, but it still took a while.  When even Jessica and Jarrid are having a hard time, you should change moat crossings.

that wouldn't be fair to the teams that already made it across

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 07:23:21 AM »
True... :)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 08:28:08 AM »
I'd say Cracked Crown of the Spanish King. because the fog disappeared SO early.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 10:15:50 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
In the interview he said that it was the moat crossing where you had to hold the log so probably either the crown or the head of the evil king

The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora had that moat crossing and it was also heavily editted.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 12:24:52 PM »
Yeah I saw that one a couple days ago, but the mist was only beginning to disappear when the fourth team gonged in.