Author Topic: The Worst EPISODE Ever  (Read 6117 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 12:50:52 PM »
I would agree that the Marble Armrest of Xerxes was one of the worst episodes, but it's not. Only the temple was bad. The episode itself is actually very exciting, especially the temple games.

The temple run is definitely one of the worst ever though.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »
You know, the thing that bugs me is the answer kinda depends on your point of view.

Personally, I like Moat crossings where the teams all ring in around the same time, doesn't matter how fast or slow, but it can't be too obvious who's gonna be the four teams.

Steps of Knowledge IMHO are terrible when there's so many bad answers.  I mean, if the players are this bad now and they somehow move on (such as the Silver Snakes in The Trojan Horseshoe,) it's gonna be sad for the rest of the show.

Temple Games that're luck-based or where a certain team wins due to questionable judging strike me as a bit iritating.

And the Temple Runs that're quick victories are okay as long as the players know what they're doing and look like the ones that deserve to win no matter how short or long the layout.  So The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland is a fairly good run in my book, because Yakerra knew exactly what to do in each room.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »
I never really liked the Codebook of Mata Hari episode. The Steps of Knowledge was boring ands the Silver Snakes swept the steps. The temple run was average and not bad. The temple games however were horrible. The first game should've gone to the blue barracudas since Rinette was not further along then the blue barracuda guy. The same can be said for the team game.

The legend however was pretty interesting.  :)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 04:03:37 PM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Steps of Knowledge IMHO are terrible when there's so many bad answers.  I mean, if the players are this bad now and they somehow move on (such as the Silver Snakes in The Trojan Horseshoe,) it's gonna be sad for the rest of the show.
I agree with that part, especially in the episode "Electrifid Key of Benjamin Franklin" The answers didn't seem bad, but the constant ringing in early was very annoying.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »
PPF, you fail to mention how answering early would eventually bite the Green Monkeys in the ass.  Ah, that episode is the BEST example of poetic justice in the show's tenure.

Almost all of the first season episodes are pretty bad.  I really don't like "The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland".

The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
PPF, you fail to mention how answering early would eventually bite the Green Monkeys in the ass.  Ah, that episode is the BEST example of poetic justice in the show's tenure.

I completely disagree with you. Just because you know the answer before olmec reads his answers doesn't mean your dumb. It actually symbolizes good memory. Look at the blue barracudas in the walking stick of harriet tubman. Olmec mearly read "Because she lead so many people to freedom" The blue barracuda emediatly remembered the quote, rung in and said "Moses" And sure enough it was that memory that lead them to the temple games.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »
What you don't realize, outer space, is that the Green Monkeys boy ALWAYS answered early in that episode.  In the tie-breaker, he did the same - not answering with any of the three choices.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »
Plus it's because of ringing in early that we have answers like "Bow and arrow skills" and "A scaffolding."

The way Olmec usually phrases the questions doesn't help too much, for the girl on the Orange Iguanas in The Missing Eye of David mistook the word "on" as the last word in the question and "Wet plaster" as one of the choices.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
Plus it's because of ringing in early that we have answers like "Bow and arrow skills" and "A scaffolding."

The way Olmec usually phrases the questions doesn't help too much, for the girl on the Orange Iguanas in The Missing Eye of David mistook the word "on" as the last word in the question and "Wet plaster" as one of the choices.

It always sounds like Olmec is saying "west plaster" to me, but you can still know that he means. Ringing in early also got us "Uh... ambassador!"

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
We allready covered that one, actually (see Renegade's post concerning The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin.)

Not to mention a couple other bad answers in Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder, among which the boy Blue Barracuda answering with the episode's title and the girl on the Red Jaguars actually saying nothing after ringing in early. (She was asked to name a certain Merry Man, I just forget which.)

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 01:47:41 PM »
We allready covered that one, actually (see Renegade's post concerning The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin.)

Not to mention a couple other bad answers in Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder, among which the boy Blue Barracuda answering with the episode's title and the girl on the Red Jaguars actually saying nothing after ringing in early. (She was asked to name a certain Merry Man, I just forget which.)

I love watching that moment in the Electrified Key episode, mostly because of how the kid's inability to control himself got the best of him in the end.

I also can't stand the entire episode of Robin Hood & Marian's Silk Ladder. The Temple Run itself was very boring, and that kid in the Steps gave some of the worst answers of all time. Granted, he got one question correct, but look at the other two he gave. Olmec's first question was what the title of Robin Hood's greatest foe was. The kid buzzed in, saying "Robin Hood and Marian's Silk Ladder." Olmec also asked what skills Robin Hood had, and the kid buzzed in and said "Bow and Arrow Skills."

The best part of that is listening to Olmec's reply to the kid's dumb answer. He says, in a stern voice (which is even stern for Olmec) "No, that is NOT correct."

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »
I don't necessarily see how "Bow and Arrow skills" was such a bad answer... The correct answer was "Archery skills." Last time I checked Archery skills = bow and arrow skills.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
Colonel Sanders?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 01:19:25 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
I don't necessarily see how "Bow and Arrow skills" was such a bad answer... The correct answer was "Archery skills." Last time I checked Archery skills = bow and arrow skills.

You know, it's interesting you should say that, because I've been thinking about that answer. I sometimes wonder if that episode had taken place during season three (when they were so lenient with the rules) would they have accepted that answer? Something tells me they would have.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »
Judging by "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain," "The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanupak" and the tiebreaker in "The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza" (they said "sword" instead of "scabard,") I'm gonna say you're probably right.