Author Topic: Something I've Been Thinking About  (Read 438 times)

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
Something I've Been Thinking About
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Is what if the bring the artifact to Kirk rule was in play in season 2 & 3. Runs like Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata and Milk Bucket of Freydis wouldn't have won. Runs like Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid would've been closer down to the wire. Just something to think about.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Something I've Been Thinking About
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
I doubt they'd pull that crap, even in Seasons 2 and 3. I guess you're right though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 12:51:32 AM »
I don't know, I still think those runs would be victorious even if the producers enforced those rules. Only because the kids got the artifact physically back to the gate. Kirk never always did that in Season 1 either. He only did it in runs like Snake Bracelet and Davy Crockett. In the Headdress run, he never tells David to bring the artifact to him. And David is still declared victorious. I think Davy Crockett is the only run where Kirk was hesitant to declare victory. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:56:12 AM »
Yeah, I just don't believe this whole "Kirk would make the contestants hand the artifact to him" thing. Frankly, it would be stupid if they did that. That crap would not fly in the later seasons. It just wouldn't, period.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:00:17 AM »
Did he do that in Season 1 that often too? He did it in the Davy Crockett and Snake Bracelet runs. And Davy Crockett was the only one that was delayed. Otherwise, I didn't know that this was a thing in Season 1.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »
Pretty much. I think he did it in Silk Ladder too.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
The phrase was "Return through the gates in three minutes," not "Hand Kirk the artifact within three minutes."

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
Exactly. Kirk may have done the latter in Snake Bracelet and Davy Crockett. But it would just never work in any other season.