Author Topic: The Worst EPISODE Ever  (Read 6014 times)

The Worst EPISODE Ever
« on: December 14, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »
I want to know what guys think is the worst episode ever is. Now before you say Broken Trident of Posiden or Cricket cage of Kahn let me state something. it has to be the worst episode ever not the worst temple run. sure the temple run can play a factor but ultamatly it has to have other reasons (long moat crossing, idiots at the steps of knowledge, unfair temple games.) i think this is going to be a debateable topic.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 11:46:16 AM »
There were a lot of insanely (sp?) long moat crossings and idiots @ the steps of knowledge that always get questions wrong that I've seen, but I can't seem to find one that sticks out and one that I really think is the worst.

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:52:16 AM »
Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce? I hope Jeremy now knows that cheaters never win.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 12:07:53 PM »
War Fan of the 47 Ronin, Golden Spider Web or Taj Mahal Turban.

And, overall, the War Fan is the worst Temple Run, too.  They went off on the lowest note possible (I think it's the last one)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »
I personally love the long moat crossing and the idiots on the steps.

My least favorite episodes usually have to do with short moat crossing and the Red Jaguars.

The Keys to the Alhambra stands out to me as one of the worst episodes possible.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
Personally, I like the Mask of Shaka Zulu and the Helmet of Genghis Khan.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 01:01:57 PM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
The Keys to the Alhambra stands out to me as one of the worst episodes possible.

Yes, same here. It didn't have anything extraordinarily memorable, just extraordinarily ugly.

I think the worst episode would be one where the following occur:

--A Moat that's really long because the players are poor contestants. Long moats are normally okay, but when the players obviously shouldn't be on the show, it looks bad.
--A Steps of Knowledge where the two winning teams sweep the steps, except for one correct guess by either of the two others late in the round.
--A Temple Games that is horrifically one-sided, has its outcome based on luck, or has a game like the common two-person pulley game of the first season where the game itself doesn't lend itself well to competition.
--And a Temple Run where one knows the players will lose after the first 20 seconds.

I'm not sure which episodes came closest to that, but I'd pick whatever ones did as the absolute worst.

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »
^ Something you can add to that list are the episodes in the first season where the team won by that stupid "furthest along" rule. Kirk sometimes took that WAY too literally. For that, I think my least-favorite episode is The Code Book of Mata Hari. It was in that episode where the Snakes won two Temple Games because of that rule, despite the fact that the other team clearly won the other two games.

The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 01:18:48 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce? I hope Jeremy now knows that cheaters never win.

Jason in the smashed printing plate of fredrick douglas also cheated by jumping to the second pole in the third temple game. i would have to say this is the worst episode ever the purple parrots dominated the steps. but the red jaguars kept just barly winning in the temple games in the horse game jason didn't wait for the purple parrot to get back on after he fell he just kept throwing papers. and in the second game it would have been a tie but the purple parrot accidentally threw the jar of ink to far. and in the third temple game dana won by using the path that the purple parrots made. plus in the steps of knowledge they just barly make it to the bottom. these kids weren't comeback kids they were dumb (I put the emphasas on dumb) luck kids.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »

^ I agree with you there. I felt that they really didn't deserve to win. The only reason Steve and Lisa even went to the temple is because @ the tiebreaker, their opponents the Silver Snakes answered the tie breaker question wrong, giving the Red Jaguars the automatic go ahead to the temple.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 01:47:02 PM »
The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King stands out to me as a bad one.  REALLY long moat crossing, idiocy in the temple games (girl falling off the horse in seconds), and a not-very-good temple run.  I also hate the Marble Armrest of Xerxes, mainly because the better team (with Zac's brother) shot themselves in the foot during the EASY tie-breaker.  It made the lousy temple run more painful to watch than most.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 01:51:47 PM »
^ Definately true there. If the Purple Parrots DID win @ the tiebreaker in the 'Marble Armrest' episode, their temple run (considering Zac's bro was the purple parrot boy) would have been quite spectacular. (Well, if Levi was as speedy as his bro was that is)... Also, I doubt that team would have neglected (my spelling is really off today) the forest/shrine passage or move @ a sluggish pace. The Green Monkeys in the Marble Armrest episode were just terrible...enough said. The 'Cracked Crown' episode was pretty crappy too. All the rounds sucked and the temple run was just abysmal. Plus, the 2nd runner was clueless and ridiculously slow.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
Maybe not spectacular, but a lot better than Green's debacle of a run.

Speaking of episodes where the superior team senselessly blows it at the end of the temple games, I also can't stand "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John".  In addition to the temple games and run, the clincher for me is the awful legend (some hoo-ha about a French woman sneaking to Canada and scaring off...a lion).  That's the best female empowerment story you guys could hatch?

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 09:34:56 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
I think the worst episode would be one where the following occur:

--A Moat that's really long because the players are poor contestants. Long moats are normally okay, but when the players obviously shouldn't be on the show, it looks bad.
--A Steps of Knowledge where the two winning teams sweep the steps, except for one correct guess by either of the two others late in the round.
--A Temple Games that is horrifically one-sided, has its outcome based on luck, or has a game like the common two-person pulley game of the first season where the game itself doesn't lend itself well to competition.
--And a Temple Run where one knows the players will lose after the first 20 seconds.

I'm not sure which episodes came closest to that, but I'd pick whatever ones did as the absolute worst.

The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King falls into all those categories except for the Temple Games one.  Josh and Kerry were'nt too fast in the Temple.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
The Worst EPISODE Ever
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
Josh was pretty fast, Kerry on the other hand...was extremely slow.