Author Topic: The Crown of Queen Nzinga - an alternate route!?!?  (Read 621 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
The Crown of Queen Nzinga - an alternate route!?!?
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:59:30 AM »
I believe we're all farmiliar with the outcome of this temple run. In case you're not: Red Jaguars, artifact in Lightning Ball Room, Ben goes in first, temple gaurd in Laser Light Room, Removed in the Swamp, Renee goes in next, passes half pendant in Swamp, hesitates between Dark Forest and Swamp thinking if she should go back for it or not, but she doesn't, reaches hand into tree, temple spirit in tree ends run. :evil:

So that's that, right? Maybe not! :o  :o  However, there's also a chance that Medusa's Lair could've just been a dead end. I'm not sure.

This run was very peculiar to me. I have a theory that even if Renee tried to bust through the rock wall, it wouldn't have broken down... Cuz that would've been too easy, right? And the temple spirit was in the tree farthest away from the breakable wall. However, we'll never know... and we'll also never know if they could've gone upto Medusa's Lair.

So, someone else watch this temple run and tell me if i'm crazy or not cuz it really looks like the door to Medusa's Lair opened to me.

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:14 AM »
was medusas lair a dead end probably not because then all three temple guards would have been unavoidable.

and as for the rock theory think about benzibab. in other words no the wall would have broken down.

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 05:52:33 PM »
I definitely saw the door to Medusa's Lair open. However, it's pure conjecture as to whether or not that would be a dead end. It may have been that they left that door open in case a team went across the Troubled Bridge to the Observatory, and then they would be forced down the central shaft. It's also quite possible that the route upstairs would have forced the contestants down from the Shrine of the Silver Monkey or, less likely, the King's Storeroom.

In response to the three-unavoidable-temple-guards statement: the production team put the Temple Spirit into the stage-right tree, possibly thinking that if the player just bust through the wall they would avoid the third temple guard. But again, I wasn't on the production team, so I couldn't say one way or the other. The only thing I really know is that the Laser Light Room/Medusa's Lair door opened.