Author Topic: The one win that I can't stand  (Read 2639 times)

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
The one win that I can't stand
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 01:17:25 AM »
Well, Jennifer from the Bellybutton of Buddha also won.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
Quote from: ""The Green Monkey""
And as for the Moccasins of Geronimo, let me explain this. The layout for Mitchell was not easy. He made it easy for himself. Chances are if he had tried a more simple route, like from the Treasure Room to the Shrine, he would've been taken away by a Temple Guard. From there, who knows what might have happened. But he obviously thought ahead and went for a route where he was least likely to be taken away. :)

I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's definetely because of the path he took that he dodged the other Temple Guards, let's just keep in mind so many players immediately hit actuators in that room area in Season 1 and went left or right, it was so rare for someone to try to progress downward.  I'm betting he thought the other Guards were in the Shrine and the Room of the Three Gargoyles, and that there was one in the Room of Harmonic Convergence rather than the Observatory.  That would explain why he switched floors twice and entered the Wall Climb from the low entrance room only to leave it for a higher room.

The victories I don't like? The Helmet of Genghis Khan (short, straight path to the artifact,) The Mask of Shaka Zulu (52 seconds to get to the Mask, 55 to come back out with it,) and Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder on the list.

Plus? I'll admit it, The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe bugs me a little because Joel had to enter four rooms on the lower floor that had objectives that took no longer than hitting the actuator, it took him a good 30 seconds to put together the monkey and, after he grabbed the Nose Ring, he headed down the central column to make his way out.

The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland, on the other hand, is a decent episode in my book.  Okay, so Yakerra had a short path and tried to escape thru the Temple Guard door.  But she still had a Season 3 desgin to put up with, and including the time she spent trying to leave thru the Temple Guard door, and she was rather fast.  I mean, she only took 6 seconds more than Zac leaving the Temple with an artifact located in the Shrine.  And everyone was so excited in that episode it more than makes up for a six-room-lon path to the artifact.  And, if we gave Bobby the same design The Mask of Shaka Zulu had, but in the Season 3 Temple, there's no way he could've pulled off a win with 1:13 left on the clock.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 02:23:52 PM »
While were talking about least favorite victories, I really hated Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy. Soooooooooooo easy of a layout, would Paula have 50 seconds left on the clock if she had to deal with Medusas Lair?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 01:15:35 PM »
The Moccassins of Geronimo was a boring run. I mean the boy was not the bad but I thought it was boring.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »
Quote from: ""The Ancient Warrior""
Quote from: ""The Green Monkey""
And as for the Moccasins of Geronimo, let me explain this. The layout for Mitchell was not easy. He made it easy for himself. Chances are if he had tried a more simple route, like from the Treasure Room to the Shrine, he would've been taken away by a Temple Guard. From there, who knows what might have happened. But he obviously thought ahead and went for a route where he was least likely to be taken away. :)

I'm inclined to agree with him.  It's definetely because of the path he took that he dodged the other Temple Guards, let's just keep in mind so many players immediately hit actuators in that room area in Season 1 and went left or right, it was so rare for someone to try to progress downward.  I'm betting he thought the other Guards were in the Shrine and the Room of the Three Gargoyles, and that there was one in the Room of Harmonic Convergence rather than the Observatory.  That would explain why he switched floors twice and entered the Wall Climb from the low entrance room only to leave it for a higher room.

It was rare for someone to progress downward but it was not rare for someone to try to progress downward when they shouldn't have. It was natural instinct to open the treasure chest and he got lucky that that was the day it opened.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The one win that I can't stand
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »
So, I was about to make a topic listing your least favorite wins on the show, but I remembered there was a topic already here, so I thought I might as well just use this one then.

Anyways, here is the bottom 10 wins on the show IMO. (1 being the worst.)

1. " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:" [Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder] - Is this layout for real? Hit an actuator, spin a wheel, sit on a throne, and hit two more actuators and grab the artifact? No wonder half of the season one wins are sucky, because they have easy layouts like this one! And if that's bad, the runners were not even that fast to begin with! Okay Erika was pretty decent, but Jeremy was just killing me with his speed. I love how he runs towards the temple gate acting as if pressing two actuators was a hard-working task.  :roll:

2. The Mask of Shaka Zulu - this win would be ranked above, but at least this episode is memorable for its controversial layout. Otherwise, Bobby was not great at all and even took the longest time getting out of the temple.

3. The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy - I don't care how much time she had left on the clock, Paula did not have a tough layout to begin with. She LITERALLY avoided every room with an objective during that layout and all her rooms consisted of actuators and running threw them. Should've been the Purple Parrots in the temple.

4. The Moccasins of Geronimo

5. The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland

6. The Diary of Dr. Livingstone

7. The Collar of Davy Crockett

8. The Jewel Scabbard of Sforza

9. The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox

10. The Trojan Horseshoe