Author Topic: Down with GUTS!  (Read 1547 times)

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« on: October 08, 2006, 02:12:34 AM »
YOu may think I'm  crzy, but I don't like GUTS, Figure it Out, etc.  The only show that I like is Legends.  What do you think?

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 06:17:36 AM »
I'm thinking this thread should probably not be located in this forum, but whatever.

As for GUTS: I like it, but i hate it when one kid dominates and the other 2 alternate between 2nd and 3rd the entire time. There's absolutely no way for kids to catch up to the leader that way. The scoring system was flawed. :o

Firgure It Out: I loved that show when it first aired and i still do love it. Sometimes the kids annoy me and their talents are stupid/boring, but the panelists are always funny and the slime was good too. Love me some Lori Beth.  :wink:

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »
GUTS was one of GaS' better shows, if you'd ask me. Some episodes were incredibly boring to watch, though. There were times when it was impossible, by the time of the Aggro Crag, for the players to change their standings. Then again, there were those episodes that ended with all contestants 25 points separated from eachother. Those were the good ones! Also, the later shows were best.

I was only a Figure it Out fan when new episodes were being made, and I was actually part of the target audience. Now, it just reminds me of the days with my babysitter watching the show... Some of the talents are incredible, though!

EDIT: By the way, I wasn't positive where to move this, but it is now in the Pit. I understand how "fan-related topics" can be misleasing, but it's more of a user-contribution thing. :wink:

Offline mikeofnash

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:41:17 AM »
Looking back on GUTS' points system, I think they should've done this:

Whenever players tied for position in a game, they should've added up the points from all positions they would've finished without a tie. For example, if two players ended up tied for first in "Slam Dunk," the points would be split up like this:
-1st was 300 points, 2nd 200
-300 + 200 = 500/2 players tied = 250 points for each player

Offline PAK Man

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
I was only a Figure it Out fan when new episodes were being made, and I was actually part of the target audience. Now, it just reminds me of the days with my babysitter watching the show... Some of the talents are incredible, though!

Same here. I remember I was in second grade when Figure it Out debuted, and I thought it was the greatest show on the planet. Then I started watching it when I got Nick GAS and I saw the strange people on there and the even weirder talents. Some of the more bizarre ones were the sheep barber in training (who said that not just anybody could do this), the girls who invented the Barf Buddy Bucket, that girl who could put her mother's earrings in her mouth, that kid who could eat a whole watermelon in one minute, that girl whose guinea pigs were actors (remember she reenacted Figure it Out, complete with the Secret Lettuce Action?) and that kid with the toe jam collection. :shock:

Don't even get me started on Family Style. Yesterday, they had the fifth-generation cheese wheel makers (or something like that) on the show, and they had their grandpa there for absolutely no reason. Then there was the world's messiest kid whose mom was on the show just because she cleaned up after him.

Finally, every once in a while, you'd get someone who was actually talented. That little girl who was in the Mariachi band, that stilt-dancer from Jamaica, the little boy who performed at the Grand Ole Oprey, and the little girl who delivered her baby brother are a few I can think of. Overall, I think it had a good premise, but it kind of fell flat on its face when these kids with bizarre (and sometimes gross) talents took the stage.

Offline Headbanger15

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
Well, once people grow up, you look back on some shows you like and decide you don't like them anymore. Same for Double Dare. I loved it as a kid but now I find it boring.

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »
I only watch Figure It Out, Figure It Out: Family Style and Figure It Out: Wild Style only to see Summer Sanders. I only watch Double Dare 2000 to see Jason Harris. I only watch Legends of the Hidden Temple to see Kirk Fogg. I only watch Finders Keepers to see Wesley Eure.

By the way I do have some favorite episodes of Figure It Out, Figure It Out: Family Style and Figure It Out: Wild Style. My number one favorite episode is when Summer is on the panel. My other favorites are when Dave Aizer is on, Steve from Blue's Clues is on and Danny Tamberelli is on. I epsecially love it when they all get slimed.

By the way I do have a couple of favorite episodes of Double Dare 2000 and those episodes are the ones where Dave Aizer is on but you only see Dave during the Slobstacle Course.

By the way you all know that my favorite season of Legends is season 1 because that is the only season that Kirk wore shorts. But did you know that I have a number one favorite episode that episode is called "The Silver Cannonball Granny Nanny." The reason why is because the girl on the Orange Iguanas name is Amber and that is also my name and that was the very first episode that I got to hear Kirk say my name three times.

By the way my favorite episodes of Finders Keepers are the ones where Wesley was hosting. My favorite part of Finders Keepers was when this one girl was going to find the object before Wesley said "Find It." Then I heard Wesley say "Would you wait til I say 'Find It?'" That was one of my favorite parts.

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 07:53:04 PM »
I like Guts almost as much as Legends, myself. Almost. But I wish they'd show Global Guts again and mix them up instead of just Aggro Crag and Mega Crag versions.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Down with GUTS!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 08:26:34 PM »
I loved Global GUTS. The scale just seemed to be so huge compared to the other versions! I really wich GaS had opted to keep that version on to.

Down with GUTS!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »
Guts is just about as good as Legends, but the only flaw is when the competition sucks. Legends has a better format.

I agree with those who say Figure it out is something you like when you're a kid only. When I was 4 I loved it, and now I look back at 13 and realize how weird it was.