Author Topic: You Know You've Watched Too Much Legends When...  (Read 1570 times)

Offline PurpleParrotFan

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
You Know You've Watched Too Much Legends When...
« on: October 07, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »
I love doing this in other fandoms lol.

-You have dreams about it (did once)

-you can recite the Olmec temple instructions and recall a lot of his intonation/pronounciation (I kept getting it in my head during work yesterday lol)

-You imagine yourself doing a temple run

-You can name all of the various rooms over the years (I think I can)

Anyone else?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »
I'd say yes to all of those, as I've experienced all of those you have listed.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 02:05:22 PM »
Same here

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »
Yes, me too.

I had my first dream about the show when I was a kid.  I was running through the temple, only the temple guards were eight feet tall and a even creepier than in real life (if that's possible).

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:53:22 PM »
Oh my god. You've inspired me to make another thread! Dreams! Constantly! Here's one!

~When you plan to use your future fortune to recreate the Temple.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 04:13:19 PM »
If I ever wind up an eccentric billionaire, that's exactly what I'll use my money for.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
The biggest thing is knowing the rooms and their objectives, as well as Olmec's and Kirk's speeches throughout the show.

You know you're a big Legends fan when you make temple design doodles in your assignment notebook at at school (which I always used to do).

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »
You know you've watched too much Legends when you join a forum for a show that stopped production eleven years prior.

Or, you know you've watched too much Legends when you make a website about the show.

Furthermore, you know you've watched too much Legends when it's the only reason you make Nick GAS the only channel you watch for the four months you're on summer vacation from college.

Guilty on all three accounts.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »
Pfft, like we're any worse than Star Trek fans.

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 02:05:40 AM »
All of those qualities apply to me.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 06:13:30 AM »
Quote from: ""nicklegends""
You know you're a big Legends fan when you make temple design doodles in your assignment notebook at at school (which I always used to do).

Yeah, that's a big one for me. :P  I've got lots of good/interesting layouts because of this. :wink:

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »
You also know you've watched too much legends when you run around your house pretending to do a temple run using door knobs as actuators and making your friends dress up as temple guards.

You also know you've watched too much legends when you write an assignment based on an episode and the teacher offers to use it in the school newspaper.

I must admit proudly I've commited both of those "crimes" :wink:

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »
Quote from: ""math""
You also know you've watched too much legends when you run around your house pretending to do a temple run using door knobs as actuators and making your friends dress up as temple guards.

You also know you've watched too much legends when you write an assignment based on an episode and the teacher offers to use it in the school newspaper.

I must admit proudly I've commited both of those "crimes" :wink:

what was the artical like?

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 03:57:02 PM »
The article was really just a couple of writing assignments my teacher had decided to feature. My paper was about "The Star of Sultan Salidan." I followed the rooms exactly, however, I made temple guard jump out just a room away to make it more exciting. I also described Olmec as 12 feet and I also made it a one second victory! :wink:

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: You Know You've Watched Too Much Legends When...
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »
Quote from: ""PurpleParrotFan""
You have dreams about it (did once)

Actually I had two? within a week, I think.  First one was me experiencing The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea in first person.  A few things were different, thou: I was the frontrunner (instead of Lissy going first,) instead of Olmec's gate I started at a stone platform on the end of two identical wooden bridges leading to the Temple, and the second prize was a pair of vacation packages. (Then again, since the Royal Torque was still in the Tomb of the Headless Kings I guess that might've been fair.)

The other was me watching as Kirk made a single new episode which he told me planned to post on YouTube.  The Temple was a few stories taller and had several direct entrances from the floor of the incredibly big studio, and it was taller than it was long.  I heard the artifact was the Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl, and I came in when they were filming the third Temple Game (one of those collection-type games.) So Purple Parrots were on the left of me as I watched from up close, and I turned to the right to see how the Silver Snakes were doing? and suddenly the Orange Iguanas are on my left when I turn to the left again! I asked Kirk what was going on and he said he was letting all the teams play through to the end.

And so the Temple Run came and the frontrunners from each team all went into the Temple at the same time. (And although there were six times as many teams as there should be, there were only three Temple Guards which stayed in the same room to catch each team once.  I don't remember too many rooms, but the first floor was mostly ladders except for one room which looked like a blend of the Tomb of the Headless Kings and the Crypt.  And on the second floor was a small room like a mix between the Crypt and the Treasure Room, and next to it a longer version of the Room of the Ancient Warriors (there were three pairs of suits of armor.) Above the second floor I don't remember that much.  I asked where the Portrait was, Kirk pointed to a room up on the third or fourth floor.  He didn't give a name to the room, so I asked if there were any rooms with names.  Kirk said he didn't bother naming them, besides he wouldn't remember their names.  Then we laughed talking about some of his Fogg-Ups like "The Room of the Silver Monkeys" and "Demusa's Lair." I think I woke up right after that.  Oh well.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!