Author Topic: temple run music  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Tehsilversnake

• New Player
    • View Profile
temple run music
« on: September 22, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »
does anyone have or know where I can get the music for the temple runs?
you know, The organ and drum music while they are going through the temple.

anyone?
if so, please post a link.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
temple run music
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:29:37 AM »
There aren't any places online that have tracks used on the show without the foreground sounds as well, like Kirk's commentary or the audience cheering.

That's the reason I made original MIDIs for my site; however, the temple run music is very, very complex, and I cannot figure it out by ear. :(

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 01:30:11 AM »
If you can't do the Temple Run song, do the song that plays when Olmec is explaining the rooms.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 07:15:06 AM »
The "Olmec's advice" music is a little easier, as it features the same octave-fifth-major third-fourth sequence repeated in different keys.

I'll take a stab at picking out the temple run music on the piano, but it won't be easy, considering the audience noise and Kirk's commentary.  I can hear the organ chords pretty well, but the bass line and any percussion stuff will be tougher to pick out (aside from the famous drum roll at the end, that is).

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
temple run music
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:12:30 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
The "Olmec's advice" music is a little easier, as it features the same octave-fifth-major third-fourth sequence repeated in different keys.

I'll take a stab at picking out the temple run music on the piano, but it won't be easy, considering the audience noise and Kirk's commentary.  I can hear the organ chords pretty well, but the bass line and any percussion stuff will be tougher to pick out (aside from the famous drum roll at the end, that is).

Yeah, tha "Olmec's Advice" theme is the one I've been meaning to put on mys site for a while, though. The problem is that, in the song, the percussion is almost completely random, so I may just have to simplify it...

Offline TBombMadeEZ

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »
So many demands!

Here's a kind of off topic question, how can you make these themes on your computer?

I'm not necessarily going to make anything, but I'm just kind of curious how it's done.

Is there a program that is kind of like an electronic keyboard?  Or do you have to make the actual notes yourself?

I'm just curious, because I am very impressed with the files that were made, and it probably takes lots of time, frustration and hard work to get it done.

Even though people take these Legends sites for granted, we all thank you guys for putting these up, especially me because I know how to build websites somewhat, and I know how tough it is to make it, keep it updated, and looking good.

So even though some people are demanding changes, and new files all the time, some people appreciate it.

Kind of kissing ass, but oh well, there's not enough thanks going around.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
temple run music
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 06:46:28 PM »
Quote from: ""TBombMadeEZ""
Even though people take these Legends sites for granted, we all thank you guys for putting these up, especially me because I know how to build websites somewhat, and I know how tough it is to make it, keep it updated, and looking good.

Thank you very much. It is nice to be acknowledged once in a while. :) To make the MIDIs that are currently on the site, I first have to figure them out by ear using a piano. Later, I use a program called NoteWorthy Composer (I think their website is http://www.noteworthysoftware.com) which is a MIDI-maker, more or less. I can choose the note and its duration and place it in a continuously-modifiable on-screen piano roll. Eventually, I'll save it in MIDI format, at which point I upload it onto my Geocities account. For non-MIDI music files, I'm not as experienced, but editors are out there. :wink:

And for those who consistently point out the inaccuracies in my music (not that there are any on this forum), just remember that I actually have to figure out every song by ear to begin with.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
I'm currently using the Sibelius 3 software notation program.  I'm composing (or recreating) the Legends cues using instruments that best approximate what we hear on the show.  I've written an "Olmec's Advice" file that uses soprano voices, bass guitar, and a variety of percussion (triangle, guiro, bongos, etc.)  Once I finished I saved it as an audio file.

Offline Tehsilversnake

• New Player
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »
woah, I'm not DEMANDING it. I just wanted to know if maybe someone had it. if they didnt, its quite allright. just thought someone might have had it.

Offline divvy

• New Player
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
Hello everyone,
About a month and a half ago, I created the temple run theme...since then i have made slight varaiations of the song. If anyone is interested in either versions, drop a line.
As Olmec would say"...the choices are yours, and yours alone..."

Offline silversnakeman

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nicklegends
temple run music
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 01:49:14 AM »
Quote from: ""divvy""
Hello everyone,
About a month and a half ago, I created the temple run theme...since then i have made slight varaiations of the song. If anyone is interested in either versions, drop a line.
As Olmec would say"...the choices are yours, and yours alone..."
Oh, are you the one who gave Ed of Nicklegends that temple run music????

Offline divvy

• New Player
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 08:51:15 AM »
yes i am silversankeman. i sped it up to be about 3 minutes (minus the time's up explosion). and i made slight changes to make it more like the real thing. (i.e. instead of using church organ, im using accordian with the GM engine, but i also use the reed organ on Yamaha XG engines...which i think whoever wrote Legends music used anyway)

Offline silversnakeman

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nicklegends
temple run music
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »
yes i am silversankeman. i sped it up to be about 3 minutes (minus the time's up explosion). and i made slight changes to make it more like the real thing. (i.e. instead of using church organ, im using accordian with the GM engine, but i also use the reed organ on Yamaha XG engines...which i think whoever wrote Legends music used anyway)
AWESOME! dude, you totally rock! I love the temple run music.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
temple run music
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »

When you're ready, I'd love to have the updated version!

By the way, I'm going to move this to the Pit, because it doesn't exactly discuss the show.

Offline divvy

• New Player
    • View Profile
temple run music
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 08:51:35 AM »
I just sent my newer versions to Ed just now. I think that he'll upload it soon...hopefully