Author Topic: Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
Also, I just realized this. In season 2, the PPs were tied for 2nd when it came to entering the temple (tied with the Blue Barracudas and three runs behind the Orange Iguanas). 7 times my team entered the temple that season. Take that Silver Snakes and Green Monkeys! :P

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »
Yeah, the Purple Parrots were strong in Season 2. That's partly the reason I like Season 2 the best. Not only did it have a great variety of rooms, it had a great variety of teams too. Even though the Orange Iguanas had 10 temple appearances that season, at least the other teams got a chance.

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 11:16:53 PM »
Okay, I'm almost done with Season 2 on the scoring system.

I have located the source of my original hatred of the Green Monkeys.  The Broken Wing of Icarus.

The Silver Snakes were first in the Moat, swept the Steps of Knowledge, but then the Green Monkeys beat them in the tiebreaker and then Jason made one of the biggest screw-ups ever.

If I don't see a good Green Monkey episode really soon, I might start hating them again.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:58 PM »
This is sort of off topic to the subject. This is about Purple Parrots being losers. If you want, you can start your own topic about scoring systems. If there isn't already one that is.

As for the Parrots themselves, they were definitely the strongest in Season 2. Yes/No?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:21:07 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 11:39:28 PM »
Well, I'm doing the scoring system to see, based on how the teams did in all rounds, if the Purple Parrots are still statistically the worst.
Legends fan since 2004

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »
Well their Season 2 performance should help their rankings. I don't know about the other 2 seasons.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
Well, I finished counting up the points, and unfortunately, the Purple Parrots are still the worst.  :(

The overall standings for some of the other teams did change, though.  Soon, I'll post a new topic to give a detailed report.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
This is sort of off topic to the subject. This is about Purple Parrots being losers. If you want, you can start your own topic about scoring systems. If there isn't already one that is.

As for the Parrots themselves, they were definitely the strongest in Season 2. Yes/No?

Uhhh, THK is doing a scoring system to see IF the Purple Parrots are indeed the biggest losers.

With THK's most recent post, I am sad. :(

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
Although it was expected. The PPs could never get things going their way. I think the production crew of Legends had something against purple (and possibly against parrots too) and wanted to put the worst players on this team almost every time. We struggled with the moat, we sucked at tiebreakers, and whenever we did manage to make it to the temple, we sucked there too! Our three wins were with 5 seconds left or less (Snakeskin Boots and Metal Beard should've had more time left, but whatever). Not surprised at all that we were indeed the biggest losers. :(

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »
I think it'd be a real stretch to say it was rigged against any team.  Really, it was luck of the draw.  Besides, it's not like there weren't any stronger Purple Parrots teams— almost every single Purple Parrots team that made it to the Temple dominated one round, and quite a few dominated all the elimination rounds.  I'm sure some other teams can never say they did that. :P
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
Yeah, I agree with TAW. It wasn't that it was rigged to make the Parrots looks bad. It was just a lot of bad luck on the teams part. A lot of that stuff was pretty painful to watch, but I don't think it was intentional by the producers to make them look bad. And I also agree with the other point. The Purple Parrots more than half the time dominated every round just to get there. Out of their 11 temple appearances, they went to the temple with 2 pendants 6 times. That's pretty good for the Parrots. I don't recall a lot of episodes where the other teams accomplished that.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
I think it'd be a real stretch to say it was rigged against any team.  Really, it was luck of the draw.  Besides, it's not like there weren't any stronger Purple Parrots teams— almost every single Purple Parrots team that made it to the Temple dominated one round, and quite a few dominated all the elimination rounds.  I'm sure some other teams can never say they did that. :P

Yeah, I agree with this post. Most of the Purple Parrots that made it to the temple were pretty dominant teams, with the "Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" and "the Lost Lion Tail of Little John" being the exceptions. "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief" and "King Tut's Cobra Staff" should've been temple wins also.

Outside of the temple, I am pretty sure the Purple Parrots made it to the temple games a lot at least. I remember them losing a lot of tiebreakers also, especially to the Orange Iguanas. Some of the most notable episodes they lost tiebreakers in were "the Golden Cricket Cage of Khan" and "the Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy", which probably would've been much better temple runs than they were.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »

Yeah, I agree with this post. Most of the Purple Parrots that made it to the temple were pretty dominant teams, with the "Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" and "the Lost Lion Tail of Little John" being the exceptions. "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief" and "King Tut's Cobra Staff" should've been temple wins also.

Outside of the temple, I am pretty sure the Purple Parrots made it to the temple games a lot at least. I remember them losing a lot of tiebreakers also, especially to the Orange Iguanas. Some of the most notable episodes they lost tiebreakers in were "the Golden Cricket Cage of Khan" and "the Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy", which probably would've been much better temple runs than they were.  ;)
Cricket Cage wasn't a tie breaker loss. The Silver Snakes just went to the temple with 1.5 pendants to the Purple Parrots 1 pendant. ;)

But yeah, I think there were quite a bit of episodes where the Purple Parrots would have done a better job if they went to the temple instead. The Parrots definitely made it to the temple games a whole lot. But most of the time of course, they were pretty unlucky. Especially if they went against the Orange Iguanas in the temple games. Geez, at least the Purple Parrots beat out the Red Jaguars once. But at least the Purple Parrots gave the Orange Iguanas 3/4 of their wins. :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:13:44 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 02:26:56 AM »
Going back to this topic, I have to say that the Green Monkeys had to be the best team in the temple:

Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba
The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
The Jewel-Scabbard of Sforza

Seriously, all of those wins are some quality win in one way or another. There is probably 3 of those runs could even make it into the top 5 runs on the show!

And just look at some of their losses too:
Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat
The Broken Wing of Icarus
The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible
The Dried-Ear Corn of Sojourner Truth
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie

All of those runs featured close losses (Lariat, Good-Luck Watch, Icarus) or close artifact encounters. I don't think any team could top the Green Monkeys in the temple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
Thanks for the bump. I've always wanted to do this, but I'm gonna quote The Purple Parrot's list in the original post. The bolded text are the corrections I made to the list. Just wanted to fix some of the pendant scores and the scores that weren't remembered.

Season 1:
Elizabeth the I's Golden Ship (scored 1 pendant)
The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn (scored 1 pendant)
The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Golden Cup of Belshazzar (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Golden Chains of Zenobia (shut out)
The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa (tie breaker loss)
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder (scored 1/2 pendant.... The Silver Snakes won 2 pendants).

Season 2:
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy (tie breaker loss)
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata (tie breaker loss)
The Diary of Dr. Livingstone (shut out)
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor (tie breaker loss)
The Crown of Queen Nzinga (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba (scored 1 pendant)
The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun (tie breaker loss)
The Bonnet of Dolly Madison (shut out)
The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus (tie breaker loss)
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl (scored a 1/2 pendant)

Season 3:
The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh (tie breaker loss)
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie (shut out)
The Lilly-Crested Crown of Clovis I (scored 1.5 pendants.... The Orange Iguanas won 2 pendants).
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain (scored 1 pendant)
The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes (tie breaker loss)
The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein (shut out)
The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain (scored 1/2 pendant)
The Smashed Printing Plate of Fredrick Douglas (shut out)

So by looking at this list, The Purple Parrots lost 8 tiebreakers, 5 of them being from Season 2. And their temple game/temple run appearances are as follows:
Season 1: 2/9 (I guess it's not that bad, since most teams in Season 1 were unlucky anyways).
Season 2: 7/17 (I hope I didn't miscount that, but The Purple Parrots sure came on strong here).
Season 3: 2/12 (Man, they are truly pathetic here).
In total: 11/38 (That's.... not very good).
I know we already have a statistics topic that THK started. But I just thought I'd still post the tidbit above.