Author Topic: Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?  (Read 3031 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »
Well, the Purple Parrots are widely known as the loser team. They made it to the temple the least of all 6 teams by a considerable margin. So, being the Purple Parrots fan that i am, i finally decided to look into this. So here's all the Episodes that Purple lost the temple games organized by season:

Season 1:
Elizabeth the I's Golden Ship (scored a 1/2 pendant
The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn (scored 1 pendant)
The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Golden Cup of Belshazzar (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Golden Chains of Zenobia (shut out)
The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa (tie breaker loss)
Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder (shut out)

(Wow, look at all those "Golden" things! :shock: The only win on that list is Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder. The only unsuccessful grabbing is the Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa. The rest are losses....pretty pathetic losses too... I wonder if they would've been better if they were Parrot runs.)

Season 2:
The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy (tie breaker loss)
The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata (tie breaker loss)
The Diary of Dr. Livingstone (don't remember))
The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor (tie breaker loss)
The Crown of Queen Nzinga (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba (scored 1 pendant)
The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun (tie breaker loss.... i think)
The Bonnet of Dolly Madison (don't remember)
The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus (tie breaker loss)
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl (scored a 1/2 pendant)

(Well.... that's pretty tragic for the Parrots. 5 of those are wins... look at all those tie breaker losses! :evil:  Not to mention all of those episodes are very exciting.... or at least noteworthy).

Season 3:
The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh (tie breaker loss)
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie (shut out)
The Lilly-Crested Crown of Clovis I (don't remember)
The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain (scored 1 pendant)
The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Marble Armrest of Xerxes (tie breaker loss)
The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud (scored a 1/2 pendant)
The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein (shut out)
The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain (scored 1 pendant)
The Smashed Printing Plate of Fredrick Douglas (shut out)

(Wow.... look at all those losses... it's really a shame considering they only went to the temple 2 times this season. The only instance that i'm glad the Parrots lost is for the Hornpipe episode. Those Green Monkeys were amazing.... and maybe for the Helmet episode.)

In total, the Purple Parrots lost 8 tie breakers (although it could be 7 because i can't remember if the Golden Goblet episode came down to a tie breaker or not).

As much as they lost, i stand by my Purple Parrots. I always loved them and always will. Sure it's frustrating being a Purple Parrot fan and knowing how close they were so many times, but you gotta stand by your team. :P

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:04:16 AM »
1st of all the pearl necklace of gwalior was not a purple parrot loss. unless you count losses at the moat than you list is going to be much bigger.

2nd of all everybody needs an underdog

3rd every time the purple parrots won at temple it was after beating a power house team (green or silver) how many of the other teams can say that
everytime orange won at temple it was after beating either purple or red. so the purple parrots are a valuable reasurce cause if it werent for them than the orange iguanas would only have one win

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 03:13:49 AM »
Quote from: ""outer space""
1st of all the pearl necklace of gwalior was not a purple parrot loss. unless you count losses at the moat than you list is going to be much bigger.

Whoops! Editted that. Thanks. :P

But just think about if those Orange Iguana wins were Purple Parrot wins! :D

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
yah there would be 6 purple parrot wins and the orange iguanas would have the lucky medalion of atocha. if it weren't for the purple parrots losing to the orange iguanas than the orange iguanas would only have one win. so the orange iguanas really look up to the purple parrots. they gave them 3/4ths of their wins

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »
oh and you forgot the diary of docter livingstone

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 12:24:06 PM »
oh and you forgot the diary of docter livingstone

Damn it! I knew that one was a Purple loss as well but i was really unsure so i didn't include it!

DAMN IT! It was another season 2 win! :x

The Parrots really came on strong in season 2. Part of the reason why it's my favorite season. :wink:

EDIT: Added the Diary of Dr Livingstone.

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 04:33:41 PM »
you also forgot the bonnet of dolly madison

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
DAMN IT! I was gonna include that one too! :x

I honestly thought though, n'ah, they couldn't have lost THAT many times.

That was a good temple run too.... The Purple Parrots could've easily won that episode too. They probably wouldn't have had that trouble in the Dark Forest. :wink:

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
I'm not a Purple Parrots fan, and I'm not sure they really would have done better (if they were truly superior teams, they wouldn't have lost the temple games).  Out of those episodes you listed, the only one where I really would have liked to see the Parrots go to the temple is "The Marble Armrest of Xerxes", and that's because Zac's brother was on the team.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 03:00:34 AM »
your right that was like the easiest tiebreaker ever. " what was xerxes throne made of?" oh come on its in the title for crying out loud. kirk said the awnswer 2 seconds before the question was asked.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 04:05:06 AM »
Quote from: ""tss1011""
I'm not a Purple Parrots fan, and I'm not sure they really would have done better (if they were truly superior teams, they wouldn't have lost the temple games).  Out of those episodes you listed, the only one where I really would have liked to see the Parrots go to the temple is "The Marble Armrest of Xerxes", and that's because Zac's brother was on the team.

What about the Cricket Cage of Kahn? Anyone woulda been better than those two. :?

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 05:10:24 AM »
you right that was like the easiest tiebreaker ever. " what was xerxes throne made of?" oh come on its in the title fro crying out loud. kirk said the awnswer 2 seconds before the question was asked.

Hey now, it could also be "driftwood"... :lol:

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 10:29:28 AM »
look at this on the bright side, because they hardly get to the temple, i believe they have the highest temple winning percentage

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
What about the Cricket Cage of Kahn? Anyone woulda been better than those two. :?

Ah yes, forgot about good ol' Cricket Cage (which I still have not seen).  Yes, Purple might have been a million times better, although, again, I have to question a team that couldn't even beat the inept Silver Snakes in the temple games.  Maybe John and Tia were stronger there than they were in the temple run...

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »
Quote from: ""The Blue Barracuda""
look at this on the bright side, because they hardly get to the temple, i believe they have the highest temple winning percentage
N'ah, Silver and Green had better temple victory-to-run percentages than the Parrots, but had Purple won some of those episodes, it was almost garunteed that they would've won the temple... Come On... Robin Hood & Marian's Ladder? That was going to be a victory no matter who went to the temple. :?

Quote from: ""tss1011""
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""

Ah yes, forgot about good ol' Cricket Cage (which I still have not seen).  Yes, Purple might have been a million times better, although, again, I have to question a team that couldn't even beat the inept Silver Snakes in the temple games.  Maybe John and Tia were stronger there than they were in the temple run...

I've seen that episode a buncha times. John and Tia were actually a solid team in the temple games. The Parrots had won a pendant, but they lost the team game because the Snakes had kept a solid lead throughout the entire game. :?