Author Topic: Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?  (Read 3190 times)

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Purple Parrots truly the biggest losers?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
Yeah, Silver Snakes had some doozies.

Really, every team except the Green Monkeys had its fair share of horrible runs.

The only truly pitiful Green Monkey run I can think of is The Dried-Apple Half of William Tell.  Even with as tough a layout as they had, they sucked pretty hard.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:50:18 AM by The Headless King »
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 03:04:42 AM »
*cough*Shaka Zulu*cough*

That's one of them. The other is The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland. Wow, the Red Jaguars are the proud owners of the top 2 quickest temple wins. That makes up for only winning four times, one ahead of the PPs.

Yeah, a lot of the quick runs were just due to a really easy layout.  I think the only under 2-minutes run that deserves recognition is The Ruby Earring of bin-Zibab.  They passed through 6 rooms before getting there, most of them had an objective more than "push a button", including climbing up the slide in the Quicksand Bog.  Plus, both of them had to go in.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »
How dare you diss those two wins! They are some of the most quality wins on the show!

Just kidding. Even though I am a big Red Jaguars fan, I will be the first win to admit that we have a bunch of garbage and pathetic runs on the show. I mean we have Blackbeard's Treasure Map, Elizabeth I's Golden Ship, Keys to the Alhambra, the Lost Love Letter of Little John, etc. We also have some pretty pathetic wins too like the Mask of Shaka Zulu.

Luckily we don't have all the other pathetic temple runs like the Silver Snakes (*cough Golden Cricket Cage of Khan and John Henry's Lost Hammer cough*) ;)
Actually, it's "Lost Lion Tail of Little John." Just thought I'd point out your Kirk-Fogg Up while we're on the subject of bad Purple Parrot runs. ;)

Speaking of Purple Parrots, they didn't score a victory until the end of Season 2. Even the Orange Iguanas scored a victory early in Season 2. Out of all the teams, I think the Purple Parrots had the most pathetic runs. Though the other teams had their clunkers, like you guys have been saying.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 03:52:04 AM »
Okay, I'm almost done with Season 1 for the team ranking.

Surprisingly, the Silver Snakes are NOT leading.  However, they did have a lot of victories late in the season, so that will probably change once I get to those.

Also, it never occurred to me until I did this that the Green Monkeys actually kinda sucked in Season 1 (save for the Temple Runs).
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 04:45:15 AM »
How dare you diss those two wins! They are some of the most quality wins on the show!

Just kidding. Even though I am a big Red Jaguars fan, I will be the first win to admit that we have a bunch of garbage and pathetic runs on the show. I mean we have Blackbeard's Treasure Map, Elizabeth I's Golden Ship, Keys to the Alhambra, the Lost Love Letter of Little John, etc. We also have some pretty pathetic wins too like the Mask of Shaka Zulu.

Luckily we don't have all the other pathetic temple runs like the Silver Snakes (*cough Golden Cricket Cage of Khan and John Henry's Lost Hammer cough*) ;)
Actually, it's "Lost Lion Tail of Little John." Just thought I'd point out your Kirk-Fogg Up while we're on the subject of bad Purple Parrot runs. ;)
I think he was going for "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith," given the context, but either way. :P

Anyway, for me, the Purple Parrots are the dark horse.  They're at least in my top three teams, if not second (the other contender is actually the Orange Iguanas), and part of that is because even though they didn't go to the Temple as often, it was more often that a powerhouse team would make it through to the end, dominating every other team in their path.  They might not have had the best track record, but almost every Temple Run with the Purple Parrots in it has something memorable or at least standout in it.  And none of their wins feel undeserved. ;)

I must confess to the Red Jaguars being my least favorite team on the show, however.  Very rarely did they ever seem to have their act together, and with a few notable exceptions (the Season 3 wins and "The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon"), most of their runs happened to be attached to my least favorite episodes.  I suppose it's partly association, then, but regardless...

Anyway, I might as well get off my butt and try out something I meant to with TMH's scoring system.  It was going to go on an upgraded version of my own website, but since that might not happen and THK's already at work, I might as well see if his system gets similar results.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »

Anyway, for me, the Purple Parrots are the dark horse.  They're at least in my top three teams, if not second (the other contender is actually the Orange Iguanas), and part of that is because even though they didn't go to the Temple as often, it was more often that a powerhouse team would make it through to the end, dominating every other team in their path.  They might not have had the best track record, but almost every Temple Run with the Purple Parrots in it has something memorable or at least standout in it.  And none of their wins feel undeserved. ;)

I must confess to the Red Jaguars being my least favorite team on the show, however.  Very rarely did they ever seem to have their act together, and with a few notable exceptions (the Season 3 wins and "The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon"), most of their runs happened to be attached to my least favorite episodes.  I suppose it's partly association, then, but regardless...
Not a lot of people like "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid" victory. Mainly because everyone found it boring and Tony nearly blew it at the end.

And yeah, I never cared about the Red Jaguars or the Silver Snakes either. Especially in Season 1 where those 2 teams were always in the temple games together. And of course, both those teams made it to the temple the most that season. Though at least the Silver Snakes had some decent temple runs in Season 1. The Red Jaguars had a lot of bad runs and even their victories that season weren't that great. But then again, not a lot of teams were that strong in Season 1 anyways.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
The Red Jaguars only had four wins, just one more than the Purple Parrots. Although the Jags made it to the temple a lot, most of their runs were disappointing. In fact, they could've been the only team to grab the item from the Dark Forest if the girl from The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh wasn't such a slacker and a nimwit. I feel very bad for her partner who blazed through the temple before being taken out of it. I know the Purple Parrots would've won temple runs like this. :P

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
I think this thread is turning me into a Purple Parrots fan.  :D

As I'm watching the episodes and doing the grading, I find myself secretly rooting for the Purple Parrots because for some reason, I don't want them to end up being the worst.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »

Not a lot of people like "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid" victory. Mainly because everyone found it boring and Tony nearly blew it at the end.

Well, maybe that particular win wasn't with one of the hardest Temple setups or whatever, but to be fair, the team dominated the elimination rounds, and for me, it would've been a shame if the team lost at the Temple.  They worked pretty damn hard to get there, after all. :P
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
None of the Parrot temple wins were that good.

The Snakeskin Boots would've been good if Tony didn't make the same mistake Jason did in the Broken Wing of Icarus. Tony's lucky he made it out in time unlike Jason. The layout was also pretty easy.

The Milk Bucket is one of my favorite wins though. Tarrah wasn't the fastest or the smartest, but she was indeed one of the luckiest. First wall painting in the Jesters' Court worked, Forest-Shrine door worked, no guard in the Password room when she took that wrong turn, first clay pot held the key, and a dramatic one second to spare win after she missed the rope and fell in the pit. I wonder if she ever became a cop.....

The Metal Beard was probably the most impressive of the Parrot wins. Both TJ and Randy moved at a solid pace. My only problem with this win was Randy's exit strategy. I guess she wanted to get a good up-close and personal look at every room because she entered all of them!

All three wins were with less than 6 seconds left. Hey, at least I can say we had some success in the temple. :)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 03:07:10 PM »
None of the Parrot temple wins were that good.

The Snakeskin Boots would've been good if Tony didn't make the same mistake Jason did in the Broken Wing of Icarus. Tony's lucky he made it out in time unlike Jason. The layout was also pretty easy.

The Milk Bucket is one of my favorite wins though. Tarrah wasn't the fastest or the smartest, but she was indeed one of the luckiest. First wall painting in the Jesters' Court worked, Forest-Shrine door worked, no guard in the Password room when she took that wrong turn, first clay pot held the key, and a dramatic one second to spare win after she missed the rope and fell in the pit. I wonder if she ever became a cop.....

The Metal Beard was probably the most impressive of the Parrot wins. Both TJ and Randy moved at a solid pace. My only problem with this win was Randy's exit strategy. I guess she wanted to get a good up-close and personal look at every room because she entered all of them!

All three wins were with less than 6 seconds left. Hey, at least I can say we had some success in the temple. :)

I would have to say that "the Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen" is my favorite Purple Parrot win also.

Although I have to say I think "the Leopard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley" was my favorite Purple Parrot episode altogether.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 03:52:18 PM »
In the Cloak temple run, Chandra so got robbed. Just one room away from the Cloak (assuming the Observatory wouldn't open) and she gets taken out of the temple with less than a minute left. I say this run fits in the "hardest temple layout" category thanks to the temple guards. Maybe not the hardest, but definitely one of the cheapest.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »
In the Cloak temple run, Chandra so got robbed. Just one room away from the Cloak (assuming the Observatory wouldn't open) and she gets taken out of the temple with less than a minute left. I say this run fits in the "hardest temple layout" category thanks to the temple guards. Maybe not the hardest, but definitely one of the cheapest.
Well, it was Chandra's own fault for ignoring all the shortcuts. So I think she sort of made it harder for herself. At least Nick took the shrine/shaft passage, and made it to where Chandra left off in the 50 seconds that he had. If Chandra had taken shortcuts, she would have given Nick at least a minute to reach the artifact, if not bring it out.

And yes, if I had to choose a favorite Purple Parrot temple run, Leopard Skin Cloak would get my vote. Chandra and Nick were such a strong team all the way. What with bring first in the moat, first in the steps of knowledge, and winning all three temple games. And they got at least one room away from the Cloak, if only Chandra didn't take that elevator.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Yeah, the failure to enter the Shrine via Shaft-Shrine door may have been costly as well. Question is, if she tried that path, would the door open? I know Nick entered that way, but I think that door opened once the monkey was completed. Hmmm, maybe that means it would've worked, idk.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
Yeah, the failure to enter the Shrine via Shaft-Shrine door may have been costly as well. Question is, if she tried that path, would the door open? I know Nick entered that way, but I think that door opened once the monkey was completed. Hmmm, maybe that means it would've worked, idk.
I'm pretty sure it would. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. I wonder if the forest/shrine passage would have worked as well. And if Chandra tried that, I wonder if she would have met a temple guard in that room.