Author Topic: Final Fantasy Fever  (Read 2608 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 02:51:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Mondo Mole""
FF6: Soooo Overrated. This marks the series' downfall IMO, with all the steampunk.

... I was prepared to say that i loved you for your Earthbound avy, but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

:P

Offline Mondo Mole

• New Player
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »
Pardon. I never played it, but I'm not into steampunk. I think I miiiight try it, if you insist.

PS: If you like my EB avatar, don't forget my name and sig!

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 06:43:26 PM »
Well yeah, i get all the references. :D

Offline Mondo Mole

• New Player
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 04:17:23 AM »
I never played FF6, but I know a lot about it, and it isn't my style. "Steampunk" is the term for mixing magic and technology in a fantasy setting. FF6-FF8 are examples.

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 08:25:18 AM »
Yes, there are some forms of magic and tech crosses (like magitek armors) and things like that, but it has little to do with the game itself.

I'm just gonna say that you shouldn't knock it if you haven't played it. The characters are especially strong (some have way more story than others, obviously) and you'll learn to love most or all of them. I know I do. Aside from the characters, the story is just so engaging. It draws you in early on and it doesn't leave you hangin. It unfolds marvelously. I will agree with most critics that the beginning half of the game is MUCH stronger and more clearly structured than the second half of the game, but the freedom to come and go as you please (or until you feel that you are strong enough to take on the opposition) at the end of the game is really a nice touch, in my opinion.

I seriously could go on and on about that game. You really don't know what you're missing.  :P

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 06:02:57 AM »
Well, I just recently started up a new game of FF7, my all time favorite. I know most of you here aren't big into FF7, but I know I sure am. Meh, much else to say at this point. Cloud just told us about his past, we're trying to get a chocobo to chase Sepiroth across the marsh.
Crazy, but that's how it goes.

You don't do nothing you don't wanna do
Be nothing phony about you
Keeping it real and do what you feel
You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 06:19:37 AM »
FF7 is also amazing. I was trying to start a new file in like November, but my disc 1 is soooooooo scratched that it won't start. :cry:  FF7 was probably the first game I ever got for Playstation... I wish I would have taken better care of it. :cry:  I can still play my good file on disc 3 though. :D

Anyways, I just started a new file on FF3/6 yesterday because my old one got deleted (The game deleted it itself... no idea why that happens, butit happened a few times).

Offline AdvanceStratagist

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 11:24:21 AM »
FF7 is the only one of the series I've played.  It's a pretty good game, but I have never been able to figure out just where the heck the vincint sidequest is.  I've heard about it, but I don't know where it is, or when to go there.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:32 AM »
Same here, FF7's the only one I've played. (I have FF8 too, but I can't get it too work.) I like it but I completely froze up when we got to that first village after leaving Midgar.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »
Quote from: ""AdvanceStratagist""
FF7 is the only one of the series I've played.  It's a pretty good game, but I have never been able to figure out just where the heck the vincint sidequest is.  I've heard about it, but I don't know where it is, or when to go there.

He's in the basement of the mansion in Niblehiem. You need the key to the basement door which is hidden in the safe on the second floor. The combination is scatered in clues across the house but you could just look it up on GameFAQs. Once opened, you'll have to fight a boss, after killing him you'll get the key and be able to release Vincent.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »
Quote from: ""PhantomBPR""

He's in the basement of the mansion in Niblehiem. You need the key to the basement door which is hidden in the safe on the second floor. The combination is scatered in clues across the house but you could just look it up on GameFAQs. Once opened, you'll have to fight a boss, after killing him you'll get the key and be able to release Vincent.

I know how to get him, I mean the sidequest that involves him.  Think it had to do with someone named Lucrecia.

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
Quote from: ""PhantomBPR""

I know how to get him, I mean the sidequest that involves him.  Think it had to do with someone named Lucrecia.

OOOH. Indeed. It involved a secret cave that you had to get to using the submarine and the undersea tunnles, took me a few trys to find it.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »
oh THAT'S why I couldn't find it.  I hated having to be underwater.  That stupid emerald thing always managed to run into me for some reason, and then I'd die and start over.  I'll have to try to find that now.

Is there a particular deadline at all to it, or can you do it right up until you decide to go in the crater after sephiroth?

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 05:13:19 AM »

Offline PhantomBPR

• Temple God
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Fever
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 05:14:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can go visit the cave anytime you wish. The only thing is, I think that if you visit it once in disc 2, and then again in disc 3 (in that order) that's the only way to get Vincent's Final Weapon and Final Limit, but I could be wrong. Either way, no matter when you visit, you'll learn more about Vincent's past and get a secret movie, which if you ask me, is good all on it's own.

You gotta eat
You gott eat Checkers!