Author Topic: Hardest Room  (Read 2210 times)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
Hardest Room
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 10:30:46 AM »
Come to think of it, Medusa's Lair was also responsible for the losses of some Season 2 teams. For a number of episodes in Layout 2 of Season 2, as you probably know, there were four snakes to put in Medusa's head, which expected way too much out of the teams. Maybe it worked fine in testing, but when you have exhausted kids frantically running around a labyrinth, dodging temple guards, putting a few snakes in just the right holes in just the right way is very tough. Even with two snakes, it was still a bad room because the viewers could  not judge the player's progress well.

Offline jfeathe

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Hardest Room
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
Also, even when the snakes seemed to be all the way in, the door sometimes didn't opened.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Hardest Room
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »
^ Well that was only if a player took an unnecassary detour into that room, basically ruining their chances of winning.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Hardest Room
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 02:12:57 PM »
Just think about how many times the eyes never lit up in Medusa's Lair after the kids put the snakes in. Also, think about "The Stone Head of the Evil King" and "The Lost Love Letter of Captain John Smith" in which the contestants had to put 4 snakes in the bust. Both of those kids had trouble.... they even had to make Medusa's Lair easier midseason.... says a lot.

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
Hardest Room
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
I voted for the The Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Hardest Room
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
How did I never comment on this? :shock:

I'd have to say it's either the Tomb of the Headless Kings or Medusa's Lair.  Both were easily the most time-consuming rooms of their respective seasons, and I'll admit I almost missed the Laser Light Room when the Tomb was introduced, if only because so many players had such a hard time and it took so long.  I thought the concept behind the Tomb was pretty cool, but with so many dimwits that spent forever pulling on the same rope and stuff like that... if it was just one vine as in The Bandit King's fanfics, that might have worked much better. :P

As for Medusa's Lair... I just hated that room.  Another one with what seems like a cool concept, but it was time-consuming, difficult to get started on (notice how many kids stalled with trying to get the first snake into the hole?) and was often coupled with production delays— more than most other rooms.

And while people might think the Shrine of the Silver Monkey was difficult... sure, it did foil a ton of contestants, but some put it together in less than fifteen seconds (and the record is only about eleven).  Compare that to the Tomb or Medusa's Lair... ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:31:32 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Hardest Room
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »
I would have to say the Tomb of the Headless Kings. The time-consuming - not to mention complicated - objective made it a very difficult room. Add in the dark lighting, the ridiculous amount of vines, and the general inability to spot a skull falling down among bones (half of the time I couldn't see the skull fall myself) and you've got a REALLY difficult room.

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas

Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

Offline Kirk Fogg's Wife

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
    • http://nickgas.proboards.com/index.cgi
Hardest Room
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
I said the Shrine of the Silver Monkey because they put the pieces of the monkey too high for some of the shorter contestants which makes it a little harder than most rooms.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Hardest Room
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
For me, it would be The Wall Climb/Pit of Despair. No wheel, no rock quarry, no rope swing, no rock slabs that stick out, and no pendulum. My arms are very weak. I can't even do 5 push-ups in a row without falling on my knees. I would have a hard time pulling myself up the wall into the middle room or the top room.

I think I would also have problems with the 3rd Observatory layout (aligning four cylindrical pieces of a puzzle). I'm not too familiar with what the puzzle is or what it looks like when completed. I'd probably be clueless in that room.

Also, when it comes to The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, remember this pattern: for the base, make sure the monkey tail is facing you; for the middle, make sure the belly that is sticking out (the taller side) is facing the camera; for the head, make sure the face is facing the camera. Remember this pattern if the show is ever brought back, as well as the room. Hopefully this same strategy will apply if the show and room is brought back.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 09:23:15 PM »
Easily Medusa's Lair for me.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
Easily Medusa's Lair for me.

Probably because it would be hard to find the holes and then put the snakes in the holes perfectly or just because it would be too time consuming? Or both? I agree, it looks like a toughie. I rank it right behind the third Observatory layout.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
There were many rooms in the temple I believed were hard.

Medusa's Lair -- this room was so hard that even the producers had to dumb down on the objective. Even putting two snakes into the head caused contestants some trouble at times, especially when they were racing against the clock. And then there were times the head would not light up because the snakes weren't in all the way. The worst thing the producers could do is make this room a deadend.

Tomb of the Headless Kings -- I hated this room in the third season because its so time consuming. Between the contestants pulling the same vines for ten seconds and searching for the skull on the ground, it sometimes took a good portion of a team's time. Plus the room was so crammed and dark, it must've been hard for the contestants to see.

Chamber of the Sacred Markers -- you can't really blame the contestants for taking so much time in this room sometimes. Finding markers on a wall while racing against time wasn't easy I assume. Plus, the room was designed so that the markers would not stick out like a sore thumb.

Treacherous Holes of Python -- it was definitely one of the most time consuming rooms of the first season, and there was no actual objective associated with it! The thing about this room is that there was no real way you could complete the room faster than other contestants.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
I actually don't think the Holes of Python was THAT bad.  It was like a harder form of the Bamboo Forest, designed with a navigation challenge rather than a puzzle to solve, but now that I think about it, I'm sure there was some variation in the amount of time taken to get through— I mean, some contestants had to be faster, at least, and there's at least a couple ways to push yourself through each hole.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 11:42:37 AM »
I think the Holes of Python is kind of hard. Think about it, bigger contestants will have more problems getting through those small holes.

I actually don't think the Chamber of the Sacred Markers and the Tomb of the Headless Kings are that hard. Time consuming? Yes, but the objective isn't that hard. However, there always seemed to be a temple guard in the Tomb of the Headless Kings. I also hated it when a temple guard came out of the Sacred Markers door leading to the Kings Store Room (at the same time, it was pretty funny too).

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
I actually don't think the Holes of Python was THAT bad.  It was like a harder form of the Bamboo Forest, designed with a navigation challenge rather than a puzzle to solve, but now that I think about it, I'm sure there was some variation in the amount of time taken to get through— I mean, some contestants had to be faster, at least, and there's at least a couple ways to push yourself through each hole.

Yeah, I am sure some contestants moved faster through the room than others. David from Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress sticks out as being one of them. But the fact that the contestants had to travel through those cramped holes and all of that styrofoam (or whatever it was) made it more challenging. But yeah, it depends also how you travel through each hole. I know the girl from the Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa took forever to get through the holes because she was traveling feet first.