Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple Teams Rankings  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple Teams Rankings
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 09:06:08 PM »
I've only seen the full episode maybe twice at most. It's your typical filler material episode where there's no redeeming qualities whatsoever. And I also remember TPP needing to see this episode for 100% completion. You can probably find that post of his in the Daily Episode Log. But yeah, this team had NO excuse for their bad temple performance. And I refuse to stick up for them just because of their dead end. Which could've happened to every average team, and even they would've handled it better.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »
Okay, here's the next entry for the team rankings. This is yet another team the Paintbrush and I agreed on.

115. Kristen and Scott, Lucky Pig
- 4th in Moat
- 2nd in Steps of Knowledge
- Beat Purple Parrots 1.5-0.5 in the temple games
- Out of time in the temple run

You might be surprised to see this team rank this low, but watch this episode to see how weak they really were. Actually, this ranking has nothing to do with Scott as he was easily the star of this episode despite not entering the temple. He literally did all the work for the team in this episode. He got the team across, he got all the correct answers for his team in the SoK, and he won both his individual game and his team game. Yet, he doesn't even get a chance in the temple. We were very surprised the Blue Barracudas even made it to the temple! All day the Purple Parrots proved to be the better team - 2nd in moat, swept the SoK, and almost tied the team game. Kristen on the other hand was literally no help at all and Scott did all the work for this team. Just look how bad she loses her Bamboo Forest temple game to 10-year old Annie. :roll:

You think the Barracudas were weak pre-temple rounds, just wait until the temple run. Kristen was an utter failure in the temple and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. First off, she had NO idea whatsoever what to do in any temple rooms. She relied on Kirk and Scott to guide her through all the temple rooms. She even got lost in the Treasure Room and Dungeon. -_______- So she wasted a lot of time looking confused in the easiest rooms of the temple. Not only that, she moved so damn slow too. Hello? You do realize you only have 3 minutes on the clock? I guess being the size of a land whale was part of her problems. I mean she had trouble climbing the wall in the Wall Climb. Not as much as Veronica from "Bifocal Monocle", but it was still time consuming and a pathetic attempt. The most pathetic part about her performance was that she spent almost 3 minutes in the temple and by the time she got removed, Scott had no chance of entering! Poor guy, he carried the team on his back and yet didn't even get a chance in the temple. :roll:

Hard layout or not, there are no excuses for Kristen's piss poor performance. Her layout wasn't even that hard and almost all her rooms were easy. Which is why she made it far in the temple in the first place. Give this layout to a more competent team like Jennifer and Damien from "Lost Gold Mine" and it would've been a much more successful run. For the record, we don't believe that Scott was a bad contestant at all and the low ranking is because of Kristen and how the team scraped by every round. If anything, he was the one "shining star" in an otherwise miserable episode. Overall though, the Purple Parrots were the much more deserving temple team in the end. Which is why we chose to rank the "Lucky Pig" team this low. :oops:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:58:36 AM by Stone Marker »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 05:13:52 PM »
Scott, NOT Jim.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:45 AM »
Wow, I blew that one big time. :afro: I fixed all the Jim/Scott mistakes though. :;)

Other than that, I will post the next rankings later on. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »
Great, and I think I know which team is gonna be featured next too. ;)

And yeah, Kristen was a horrible player. A hard layout is no excuse, she didn't contribute one thing to her team. And poor Scott doesn't even have a chance at the temple thanks to her. He should've just been paired up with his classmate Annie. At least the short 10 year old would've done a better job at the temple than Kristen did. And LOL at chubby Kristen losing a temple game to by far one of the shortest, youngest contestants ever. :lol: That really says a lot, doesn't it?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »
Annie would've done much better than Kristen, no questions asked. I say she was the best out of all four players (Kristen/Scott/Annie/Annie's Partner). She did a good job at the moat, answered all 3 questions in the SoK without getting any wrong, and won her individual game. She reminds me of Tarrah from "Freydis" with her short stature and dominance. And she definitely would've done better than that fat ass in the temple too. I mean that layout was NOT hard at all. James from "Ponce de Leon" was taken out in the Room of Harmonic Convergence with almost a minute left, and he had the exact same path. Robbie and Tina from "Kamehameha" almost entered every single room and they had almost a minute left when their run ended in triple capture. Kristen was just a clueless lost cause that only made it far because her temple rooms were easy. At least with Annie, Scott would've had a chance to get to the temple. ;)

Also, I am about to PM you our next team just in case you want to add anything. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
Not to mention, Annie looked exactly like Tarrah. With her short stature and almost same hair style. :lol: And yeah, I agree that Lucky Pig's layout really wasn't hard at all. Sure, the temple guard placement was a tad unfair, but every room that Kristen entered was simple. And look how far the likes of James, Robbie, and Tina got with their long paths, like you said. Even if Annie did get removed from the temple one room away, she would've left Scott 50 seconds at least. So Annie and Scott put together as Purple Parrots definitely would've done a MUCH better job than chubby Kristen in the temple.

And you can post the next episode. Great choice, and you hit the nail on the head for everything. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »
Without further ado, here is the next team ranking!

114. Claude and Marie, Lost Lion Tail
- 3rd in Moat
- Beat Silver Snakes 1.5-0.5 in the temple games*

*Only advanced because the Silver Snakes dropped their signs in the team and allowed a window of opportunity for the Purple Parrots to advance.

This is the first Season 2 team to make the list. While most of us love any chance that the Purple Parrots can take to get to the temple, this team had no business being there at all. There were two things wrong with this team mainly: 1.) They got a free pass to the temple and 2.) Claude was just a downright atrocious player. He was EXACTLY like Kristen from "Amelia Earhart" where he didn't do anything for his team throughout the episode and sucked in the temple run. Marie was the star of this episode and team. Claude didn't even utter a single word in this episode. :roll: But this team had no business in the temple in the first place anyways. In the team game, the Silver Snakes were leading when their sign fell down while they were on the second step. That meant they had to go all the way back down and grab it again. This gave Claude and Marie a free pass to the top. If this never happened, it would've been a Silver Snake run easily.

Now, it is not always the team's fault if another team screws up. But if you take that gift-wrapped win to the temple and screw up badly, then you are going to have Hell's wrath fall upon you. And that is exactly what happened in this episode. Marie was actually a pretty good front runner. She cleared a path all the way to the Swamp with about 1:45 left for Claude to work with. Claude on the other hand was just entirely clueless. I mean it was like he had NO idea what he was doing. :? I could understand a S1 contestant getting confused, BUT NOT SOMEONE FROM THE MIDDLE OF SEASON 2. :x First off, he had to be the slowest runner ever. He just moved like there was s*** in his ass. And secondly, he didn't know what he was doing at all. In the Dark Forest, he found the key and had no idea where to put it. And when he plowed through the wall, he tried putting the key into the temple guard peep hole in the Dark Forest. -______________- I am sorry, I have NO sympathy for Claude or this team. I don't know how he found the half-pendant but I wish he never did. What an awful way to ruin your temple run. Overall, this team ranked very low for being mediocre before the temple run and then sucking in the temple even after getting a free pass in the temple games. I'm sorry TPP, but I cannot support or find anything redeeming about this team. :(

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
Oh yeah, this team totally deserves to make the list next. They only won because the Silver Snakes dropped their sign in the third game. Only to have Claude screw everything up. :roll: And LOL at "hells wrath" and "shit in his ass." :lol:

I think I know which team you want to feature next, but I won't spoil anything here. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »
Yeah, we pretty much finished the rankings up to #113. I almost have that done and I will post it later today. ;) It probably wouldn't be any surprise either for most. :afro:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
And then once Episode #113 is posted, then we can figure out who to feature next for our next batch of episodes. ;) I already have ideas on who should get featured next for Episodes 112 and lower. None of which should be a surprise to everyone else either. :afro:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2015, 12:42:19 AM »
And here is our next team!  :mrblue:

113. Terry Kay and Aaron, Jean Lafitte
- 4th in Moat
- Beat Red Jaguars 1.5-1.5 in the temple games after coming down to a tiebreaker*

*Only advanced because the Red Jaguars answered incorrectly during the tiebreaker.

I really don't have much to say about this team. The stats I posted above can pretty much tell you the whole story. The Blue Barracudas basically scraped by each round by being the last team to complete to finish in each area. And when the temple games down to a tiebreaker, the Red Jaguars got the questions wrong which automatically gave the Blue Barracudas a free pass to the temple. Similar to the Red Jaguars advancing in "Alhambra". :roll: And like "Alhambra", the team that went to the temple sucked. They hardly made progress because they were too busy screwing around. Aaron chose the top floor of the temple in hopes to get across the Bridge. While the door appeared to have opened, it would not budge at all. So Aaron wastes a good chunk of time trying to get the door open but he has no luck. When he gets the hint that he should go down, then he slowly makes his way past the Wheel Room and is removed in the Heart Room after meeting two consecutive guards. Being a second runner, you would expect Terry Kay to follow Aaron's path, right? That would be the logical thing to do. Instead, she actually tries to cross the Troubled Bridge and it worked! Just one problem though. Terry Kay only had a half-pendant and was taking a different path from his partner. Later, we will find how this actually screws a team over! Despite lucking out on that stupid mistake, she still moves so slow through the temple. She spends the rest of her temple run struggling to put the Silver Monkey pieces together while her midget ass doesn't even come close to finishing it. Time expires as the Silver Monkey was no where complete. Overall, there is nothing to say about this team except Terry Kay was really really short and both players scraped by to get to the temple. They were basically another "Alhambra" team but with 1.5 Pendants and two incompetent players. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2015, 01:38:19 AM »
Yup, this is exactly who I predicted would be the next team. Nothing special about filler Aaron and midget Terri Kay, except that they barely scraped by each round. It's a safe bet that the Red Jaguars would've done a better job in the temple instead.

So I guess it's time to discuss the next batch of episodes to feature here? ;) I already have an idea for the next team. And I'm sure you'd agree with it too. :afro:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 12:53:51 AM »
Yeah, they literally scraped by every round where they reached the last spot for every round. Terry Kay was especially so slow and I imagine it would've taken her more time than Jessica from Lost Logbooks to assemble the Silver Monkey. But it is hilarious watching her move in the temple and assemble the Monkey. :lol: But this team was a waste of space and the Trouble Bridged difficulty was all their fault. There is no excuse to not make it further.

And I sent you a PM for the next set of teams. We can work out the ranking #'s like we did the first time.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 02:04:23 AM »
Check your PMs. I have an idea for which team should be featured next. And it wasn't one of the teams you had in mind. You'll probably agree with it.