Poll

Would the Purple Parrots do better than the temple team in this episode?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Would the Purple Parrots do better? Day 18: Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie  (Read 2726 times)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
Re: Would the Purple Parrots do better? Day 2: The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 01:04:58 AM »
Honestly any team would have done better. Absolutely a "yes" here!!
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Would the Purple Parrots do better? Day 2: The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »
And with no surprise all, I think we can agree that the Purple Parrots would've done better than John and Tia in Golden Cricket Cage.  :afro:

Next up is "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship", another temple team who only went through 4 rooms. This time though, they have an excuse due to ending in triple capture. Would Adriana and Mike do better than the Red Jaguars? Summary of the run below:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Would the Purple Parrots do better? Day 3: Elizabeth I's Golden Ship
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
Yes for Golden Ship. John and Tia weren't a bad team, but they were so slow in the temple and finishing with 1:30 left on the clock is not really impressive when you only went through 4 rooms. If the Purple Parrots went into the temple, they probably would've finished with a much faster time. Plus, it might've turned out differently if the Purple Parrots weren't obsessed with the direct path. I do think the Purple Parrots would've done better than the Red Jaguars. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »
Once again with the Fogg Ups: Joe and Gabby, NOT JOHN AND TIA.

And I'm gonna vote no. Frankly, I don't get the hate for Joe and Gabby. Were they really THAT bad of a team? Yes they lost in the quickest time ever, yes they took a direct path. But frankly, the Purple Parrots wouldn't have been that impressive either. Even if they won 2 pendants and didn't get triple captured, they still would've lost in the temple. They would've moved much too slowly, and they probably would've had to take the long way, ala Lucky Pig. So no, this Purple Purple Parrot team would NOT have done a better job. And it would've been yet another loss in the record books for them too. I absolutely REFUSE to support this Purple Parrot team. They will get zero sympathy from me. They were absolutely nothing special or remarkable even pre temple. Absolutely no plausible way would they have done a better job, or won at the temple. No is my vote. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Am I truly the only person who feels this way? Am I literally the only one who thinks the Purple Parrots would've done just as bad here too?  =/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:29:46 PM by Paintbrush »

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »
I voted no because I don't really see any solid evidence for the Parrots to do better. If the arrows had 2 pendants maybe. But I still say no.
Top 10 episodes:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »
That was supposed to say "Parrots" but my iPad corrected it to "arrows".

?? Lol
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Yeah, your post clearly reads "arrows," when you should've said "parrots." Maybe it's time for you to fix your spellcheck. :lol:

And it looks like nobody else thinks the Parrots would've done a better job either. Really, what kind of proof do we have that the Purple Parrots would've won at this temple? They were completely unimpressive and utterly unremarkable all episode. How do we know they wouldn't have bombed at the temple if they didn't get triple captured? Then again, neither team was impressive in this episode. But I think it's exaggerating AND a huge stretch to say the Purple Parrots would've done an excellent job in the temple. Joe and Gabby were far from a strong team, and had poor planning, sure. But they weren't THAT bad of a team.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 11:16:53 PM »
Gabby and Joe weren't a bad team, but I don't think it is very impressive that both players take 1:30 to travel through 4 rooms of the temple. Imagine if Jennifer and Damian had this layout and it ended in triple capture? They would've had more than 2 minutes on the clock. The reason I support the Purple Parrots in this one because I believe that they would've at least moved faster than these two slow pokes. I mean the Cave of Sighs, Wall Climb, Heart Room, and Room of the Golden Idols is not a hard room by any means. I definitely don't hold the triple capture against Gabby and Joe because - 1.) The half-pendant was no were in sight and 2.) The temple guard layout was brutal. If the Purple Parrots made it to the temple, they probably would've had triple capture also. But at least they might've finished with more time. Regardless, it looks like the general consensus is that more people support Gabby and Joe. ;)

Let's move onto our next run - "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart." This is another bottom of the central shaft run from Season 1. Would Annie and Brad do better than Scott and Kristen? Below is a summary of the temple run:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Would the Purple Parrots do better? Day 4: The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:17 PM »
This one was an easy decision for me. I totally support the Purple Parrots in this episode over the Blue Barracudas. Why? Because Kristen was an utter waste of space and did nothing in this episode. The only reason her team got to the temple is because Scott did all the work. And then she turns around and blows her load in the temple. Hard layout or not, Kristen was a horrendous player. Even 10-year old Annie would've done better than that land whale. And while the layout was long, it really wasn't that hard. It was more because Kristen got lost in every room and moved so slow. Even if Annie got removed one room away, her partner would've had more than 3 seconds to make up time. I do think the Purple Parrots would've done better in the temple, easily. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
Another yes here. I don't care how short OR young Annie was, she would've done a million times better than Kristen by a LONG shot. Even if she was met with the same fate of being removed from the temple one room away. Why weren't Scott and Annie (classmates no less) paired up again? :roll:

And land whale? I'm totally stealing that from now on. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 11:55:08 PM »
I actually find it very weird that both Scott and Annie met each other in the temple games. I mean Scott's team originally appeared in Geronimo and Annie's team appeared in Lost Logbooks as moat rejects. And then get a second chance and meet in the temple games? Talk about fate. I wish they would've said something in their personal interviews though. :P

But yeah, no doubt in my mind Annie and Scott would've done better than Kristen and Scott. Annie was pretty smart on the SoK and won her temple game. Short player or not, most of those rooms were easy and she would probably breeze through them. And since they knew each other, they probably would've had great chemistry like Jared and Katie Travis and Elisa or Jessica and Jarrid who were supportive of each other throughout their episodes. ;) Seriously, how could anyone defend that deplorable performance by Kristen in the temple? :afro:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 12:00:46 AM »
I guess it's a small world that they just happened to show up for taping of their episodes on the same day. And moat rejects or not, they should've been paired up from the get go. And they should've been Purple Parrots. Kristen can have Brad, Annie's real partner. I also agree that Annie WAS a strong player all episode. Did you see her in the Bamboo Forest temple run? She did better than chubby Kristen! If Annie got captured in the temple one room away, I can imagine Scott would've had about 50 seconds or so to make up for lost time. Or maybe more time than that. The layout may have been easy, but the path was long. But anything would've been better than a measly three seconds trying to make up for lost time. :roll: And Scott for sure would've been supportive of Annie in the temple. Probably would've made the run that much more exciting. Even if it DID end up being a loss. ;)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 12:06:37 AM »
The Purple Parrots in this episode would've made it to the Swamp quicker than Kristen, so yes.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 12:09:21 AM »
Yeah, super short Annie be damned.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
A definite yes from me. I don't know if they would have won, but they would have at least made it to the artifact.
Top 10 episodes: