Poll

How would you rate this Purple Parrot run?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (33.3%)
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 11: The Milk Bucket of Freydis  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
****CREDIT GOES TO THE RED JAGUARS/STONE MARKER FOR THE IDEA****

So yet another rehash topic has emerged. Only this time, we're rating the Purple Parrot temple runs. This shouldn't take too long, considering the Purple Parrots only have a mere 11 temple appearances. :lol: I was gonna bump the first topic, and pick up right where we had left off. But, the polls didn't get enough votes, and the topic was outdated. So I figured it would be a better idea to start fresh with a new topic. The first thread didn't last long, but let's hope this topic fares better. This thread is basically the same as all the other rating threads. Rate how much you like the Purple Parrot temple run on a scale of 1-10.

So let's get restarted, shall we? :mrpurple: We will start with "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief." :mrpurple:

Results:
Day One - "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief": 5.80
Day Two - "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi": 3.00
Day Three - "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid": 7.80
Day Four - "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman": 2.25
Day Five - "King Tut's Cobra Staff": 6.25
Day Six - "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley": 7.50
Day Seven - "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de' Medici": 5.50
Day Eight - "The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson": 5.40
Day Nine - "The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen": 8.25
Day Ten - "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John": 1.00
Day Eleven - "The Milk Bucket of Freydis": 9.60

Featured Episode: "The Milk Bucket of Freydis"
Team: Tarrah and Chris
Artifact Location: The Observatory
Pendants: 2
Outcome: Won! (0:01 remaining)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:31:56 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this run a 6. This was an alright temple run. It would've helped though if BOTH players, particularly Leah, had moved faster. If it's one positive thing I can say, Brandon did assemble the monkey in record time, and he did reach the bone necklace just before time ran out. But nothing really sticks out about this run. This definitely should've been a win in my opinion.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Blackfeet Chief a 7. I don't know, I feel like some fans don't give this run a lot of credit. They act like it is another Cracked Crown type of run. Leah was a very slow frontrunner, but Brandon picked up the slack very well and even managed to grab the artifact too. This win was a little on the boring side, but I remember it for Brandon's towering height and one of the fastest Silver Monkey assemblies. This really should've been the first Purple Parrot win, but their slow speed killed their chances at a win. But it is not as bad as people make it out to be.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:10:16 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Once again with the Fogg Ups: It's Brandon NOT Brian. The name is right in the OP.

And I really dislike this run for some reason. Both players were too slow, and just barely reached the artifact on an EASY layout. It's not exciting at all. Sorry, but this run if anything, is a little overhyped. Way too forgettable and I expected A LOT more from them. =/

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And PS, you never voted in the wins thread.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I was thinking of the Sacred Ring team for some reason. :P

I wouldn't call it overhyped. I don't remember anyone even talking about this run except for Brandon's Silver Monkey assembly. In fact, this might be the least talked about Purple Parrot episode. It definitely lacks the excitement factor though compared to Annie Oakley and Cobra Staff.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Either way, this temple run was very disappointing. There was really no reason at all why both players couldn't have won. The layout was easy, and if Tabitha and Brett in the run before them can win, so could they. And they certainly were no speed demons either. This is definitely one of the more weaker performances. I didn't like this run at all, and they really don't deserve any credit in the least bit.

Oh yeah, and I'll be updating the OP later to include the rest of the order of the runs. I'll run the rest of the Purple Parrot runs through random generator, unless you guys have a specific order in mind. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I can't wait until we rate Lost Lion Tail and Oracle Bowl.  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Well Oracle Bowl is coming up tomorrow if that makes you feel any better. ;) Lost Lion Tail will have to wait though. I was thinking of saving Freydis for best for last. Just like how Lawrence of Arabia is the last win we're gonna cover in the wins thread. So it would be fitting. :mrgreen: :mrpurple:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I gave this run a 5. I'm gonna be a little more stingy with my scores in this particular set of topics to try and stay a little consistent with the "rate the win" thread.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And with a 5.8 average, time to end the poll for "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief."

Up next is "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi." :oops: :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 2: The Oracle Bowl of Delphi
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »
I gave this run a 3. My god was this temple run painful to watch. The Purple Parrots are known for being "the loser team," and boy what a start they got to the show. :roll: Shane was a great player, direct path aside. He was absolutely flying through the temple until his removal from the Swamp. Jackie was just pathetic. She was completely clueless and was basically not even trying in the temple. This temple run should've been reverse order of players. And even then, they still probably would've lost. Ugh, just give me tomorrow's Purple Parrot run please. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »
I gave Oracle Bowl a 3 also. After having no temple appearances for the first half of the season, Shane and Jackie are the first Purple Parrot team to enter the temple. I expected a good performance from them since they were very strong before the temple run. But the result was like most Season 1 runs - one fast player and one slow clueless player (ex: Lucky Pig, Alhambra, Lost Lariat, and Great Seal). Shane was very quick in the temple, but unfortunately he was taken out too soon. Jackie was a lost cause and clueless. She moves so slow through every room and seemed lost most of the time. She just didn't know what she was doing. :roll: Although in her defense, the Pirate's Cove/Torch Room confusion was not entirely her fault. It took Kirk even some time to figure out what to do. Still, no excuse for that pitiful performance. Shane is the only reason that this run does not get a 1. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 11:55:46 PM »
Wait, Great Seal had a bad player? I thought both Nick and Shay did just fine. At least Shay didn't last long in the temple anyways.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »
*Lost Logbooks, not Great Seal. The other triple capture that day. Robert was a fast frontrunner, but Jessica was slow and a lost cause. They would've lost even if the run didn't end in triple capture. :oops:

Shay and Nick were an awesome team. One of the best teams of Season 1.  :mrsilver: