Poll

How would you rate this Purple Parrot run?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (33.3%)
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 11: The Milk Bucket of Freydis  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Purple Parrot Run - Day 5: King Tut's Cobra Staff
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 11:36:16 PM »
I gave this run a 7. This is a very underrated run, and it's not as bad as it's made out to be. It was actually very exciting and had a down to the wire, nailbiter ending. Sure Eusinia was easily confused, but at least she moved fast. David was the opposite. He was much more competent, but he moved a little slower. And I liked how both Eusinia and David were exact opposites and complimented each other like that. At least David reached the artifact at the last second. This team would've had a better chance at winning if Eusinia didn't hesitate so much. But not a bad run by any means. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 11:56:26 PM »
Cobra Staff was an exciting run that gets overlooked due to people thinking that it is another Anne Bonny or Lost Lariat type run. Eusinia was kind of clueless in the temple and she ran into every direction she entered, but she also was a very fast contestant and got removed with a lot of time on the clock. David was slower but more level-headed than her. So both players had their flaws, but both of their strengths evens each other out too. That is what makes this run interesting. Plus, their layout was hard and they even managed to grab the artifact. I gave Cobra Staff a 7 too because it was a strong performance that had the interesting team work associated with it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
And now this thread has surpassed the old thread. Yipee. Truth be told, I don't think I want to continue this thread. I mean, look at all the other Parrot runs coming up. I know it won't take long, but I can see all the rest of the runs getting down voted honestly. :roll:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
I gave it a 6. It is a little under-appreciated. But it's not one of the VERY best purple runs.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
Sorry for the major delay. And with a 6.25 average, time to at long last put an end to the poll for "King Tut's Cobra Staff."

Up next is "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley." :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this run an 8. I know that's a tad high for a loss, but I really like this temple run. :mrpurple: Chandra was both fast and competent, and she made it very far in the time she was in the temple. Unfortunately, she made the mistake most contestants make in a temple run. Taking the elevator, instead of attempting shortcuts to the Shrine. And of course since she's on the Purple Parrots after all, she's taken out of the temple one room away. Nick did an alright job himself, even with his "put King's Storeroom key in a pedestal" strategy. :lol: Overall, this was a solid run, and I much prefer it over some of the wins this season had. If only Chandra didn't take that elevator. Darn elevator.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I like this run too, and ranked it just behind where you did with a 7. Really good run, especially for a non-win.
Top 10 episodes:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Annie Oakley an 8! One of the strongest losses on the show, and probably the best Purple Parrot loss. Chandra and Nick were a solid team, but came up short because of taking a really long path. Chandra should've really avoided the Mine Shaft and used the Shrine shortcut. They would've reached the Leopard-Skin Cloak for sure if she did. Nick was a solid second runner and it was clever of him to avoid the Mine Shaft like Chandra did. Even though the team was at fault for taking the long way, the one room away guard was still cheap. They would've still lost either way because of the unfair teple guar placement. But still, a great run an I like it much better than Ahmed Baba.  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
This is definitely the best Purple Parrot loss. Probably the only one that will rank above an 8. :lol: And I definitely prefer this run over Ahmed Baba. This is a loss, and it's much more memorable than some win that features the exact same path. :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And with a 7.50 average, time to end the poll for "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley." :mrpurple:

Up next is "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici." :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this run a 6. Despite the glaring error at the end of the run, it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Chris was very fast and made great time, despite only lasting three rooms. Aqila was pretty slow, but she wasn't THAT bad. She did go back for her half pendant, had no problem with the Jester's Court, and assembled the monkey in respectable time. She also got a little confused in the King's Storeroom, but can you blame her? That temple guard scared the crap out of her! Her only REAL mistake was passing up the pepperoni at the end of the run. With Chris falling to his knees afterwards. :lol: This is a very memorable run and it really isn't that bad at all. Don't let the YouTubers convince you otherwise about how it's "the worst temple run ever." I'm betting these people haven't seen Cricket Cage to come to that conclusion. :roll:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I see to be one number behind you on every single one of these, PPF!

That trend continues here. I gave this one a 5. It's really a middle of the road run, even as far as Purple runs go.
Top 10 episodes:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Golden Pepperoni a 7. In the past, I probably would've given this run a 5-6 because it definitely was more average and on the disappointing side. But looking back now, I find this run to be both memorable and exciting. And this run is not as bad as people make it out to be either. Chris did a good job in his shortlived temple appearance. Aqila was slower than Chris, but she was not a bad player by any means. She completed the Laser Light Room, Jester's Court, King's Storeroom, and Shrine with less than 2 minutes to herself. That was pretty much on pace with most Season 2 contestants. The passing up the Golden Pepperoni was inexcusable, but it does not make Aqila the worst contestant on the show either. It was really just the last 3 seconds of this run that turned out bad. The ending was funny too and you can see the disappointment in Chris and Kirk at the end. :lol: It was a very memorable run and featured one of the biggest bloopers on the show. :P And it is not the worst temple run ever. Watch Golden Cricket Cage or Bifocal Monocle and come back to me then.  :roll:  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's a mystery to me how THIS run is considered "the worst run ever." Yet nothing is said about the likes of Bifocal Monocle and Cricket Cage. O_O At least this run was memorable, and Aqila only made one mistake at the end. Other than that, she was a pretty decent player. The criticism she gets is way undeserved. It wasn't like players like Karisa, Veronica, and Kim from Missing Weather Maps who sucked from the beginning. Plus, this was one of the first temple runs I ever saw. So it does bring back a lot of nostalgic feelings for me. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And with a 5.5 average, time to end the poll for "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici." :mrpurple:

Up next is "The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson." :mrpurple: