0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (25%)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 6049 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 25: The Ruby Earring of Benzibab
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2014, 01:43:01 AM »
I gave Benzibab an 8 the first time and I am going to give it an 8 again.  :mrsilver: This is pretty much the only fast win I even like along with Iron Nose Ring. Kevin and Annie did benefit from the last production day and their layout was generous, but finishing with over a minute on the clock in a Season 3 temple was still an impressive feat. You would expect that from piss easy runs like Silk Ladder or Snake Bracelet. This was a quality win and I like this one much better than Sforza. The downside to this win is that it doesn't really stack against the other Season 3 wins. It only ranks ahead of Roland and Sofrza in my book. But I am not going to downplay the Silver Snakes performance and going to give them the credit they deserve.  :mrsilver:

Also...

ANNIE DONT HAVE A COCK THO!  :mrsilver:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2014, 01:46:46 AM »
BENZIBAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO SEE THAT EPISODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrsilver: :mrsilver: :mrsilver: :mrsilver:

Annie don't have a cock though indeed. :lol:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2014, 04:37:44 AM »
I gave it a 7. This is a good win. I just don't like it as much as some others. Nothing against it. Just don't wanna rank it TOO high.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
And with a 7.75 average, time to end the poll for "The Ruby Earring of Benzibab." :mrsilver:

Up next is "The Collar of Davy Crockett." :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 26: The Collar of Davy Crockett
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:44 PM »
I gave this win a 5. Nothing special about this win at all. It was just like Silk Ladder, only a little less pathetic. But still, Adam pretty much walked through the temple, and just barely got out with such an easy layout. If there's one thing positive I can say, I liked Shannon's strategy on how to get to the collar, and that certainly would've made for an interesting layout. But otherwise, I wasn't impressed. By neither the win nor the artifact itself. I mean, a pendant. Come on now. But, I suppose it's better than tomorrow's equally as mundane Shrine win. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2014, 12:35:24 AM »
I gave Davy Crockett a 4. It was a pretty easy win like " :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ", but with an extra room and objective tacked on. Shannon was a good contestant, but Adam was so slow and almost made this into a temple loss. Seriously, finishing with 5 seconds left is pathetic. But still, this win is not the worst on the show and I prefer it over a handful of other wins. The ending was pretty comical with Kirk hesitating to declare victory. And Shannon calling the Wheel Room the "squirrel run" was pretty memorable too. :P

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2014, 12:44:52 AM »
Gave it a 3. Not a huge fan of this one. But "Squirrel Run" is worth something.
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2014, 01:03:43 AM »
Yeah, the "squirrel run" is the only thing that made this run worth it. Though didn't Bobby from "best win ever" say that? ;) I remember Kirk called it "the hamster wheel room." I'm not sure which phrase I liked better. :P

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2014, 02:56:44 AM »
You would think Kirk would have been given some sort of study guide for all of this! Lol
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »
Or find a way to come up with a more convincing looking collar, instead of a mere pendant of life. :roll: :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
And with a non solid 4 average, time to end the poll for "The Collar of Davy Crockett." :mrsilver:

Up next is "The Diary of Dr. Livingstone." :mrblue:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 27: The Diary of Dr. Livingstone
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »
I gave this win a 5. Another snore fest, and another uninspiring Shrine win. Just like with Ahmed Baba, you forget it's even a win half the time. Only nobody really talks about this win at all. Neither Tabitha or Brett were particularly fast, but they did win fair and square if that means anything. But besides Brett's entering of all 12 rooms, nothing sticks out about this win. I realize it's the exact same path as Secret Map and Metal Beard, (the latter where Randy also entered all 12 rooms), but those runs were more exciting and memorable, and this one wasn't. Fortunately for us, the last five wins after this one are MUCH more exciting, and some of the best wins ever on the show.

EDIT: And I totally realized I spelt Brett's name as "Brent" in the OP. Whoops, but I changed it now. :lol:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:37:58 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2014, 12:07:34 AM »
I gave Dr. Livingstone a 4. This is the one win I never remember exists, and even to this day I still can't remember this was a win. As for the win itself, it was pretty boring and just average. Tabitha was a slow frontrunner and Brett was lucky to win despite unnecessarily entering all 12 rooms. It definitely don't have the excitement factor that the Egyptian Queen run contains. I don't really have any personal dislike for this episode, but I don't really care for it either. Season 2 has a lot more exciting and better wins.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2014, 12:16:31 AM »
Yeah, most of other Season 2 wins were MUCH better than this one. In fact, both this and Ahmed Baba are really the only two wins from Season 2 that I don't particularly care about. It wasn't the absolute worst, but it's not the best either. And what a coincidence that we're covering this run AND Bone Necklace in the newly started Purple Parrot thread. As we all know, both episodes were filmed back to back. Funny how that turns out. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »
Yeah, most of other Season 2 wins were MUCH better than this one. In fact, both this and Ahmed Baba are really the only two wins from Season 2 that I don't particularly care about. It wasn't the absolute worst, but it's not the best either. And what a coincidence that we're covering this run AND Bone Necklace in the newly started Purple Parrot thread. As we all know, both episodes were filmed back to back. Funny how that turns out. ;)

No Butch Cassidy to add to your list? ;)

But yeah, I like almost every Season 2 episode except this one, Ahmed Baba, and Butch Cassidy. It shows you how strong this season was. On the other hand, there are only 4 wins I like in Season 1. And that season had the most wins. I like every Season 3 win though, even Roland is not that bad. ;)