0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (25%)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 4: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2014, 02:36:03 AM »
That one will probably rank high too. I don't know if I'm looking forward to it though. =/

It's better than the one coming up the day after it though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 02:43:11 AM »
And for reference, here are the score comparisons so far. ;)

EpisodeOriginal ScoreNew Score
Jeweled Scabbard6.286.40
Levitating Dog Leash7.607.80
Belly Button5.335.50
Secret Map7.208.20
Enormous Iron Nose Ring6.207.75
Mask2.001.00
Much-Heralded Helmet7.408.00
Very Tall Turban6.004.75
Trojan Horseshoe6.006.25
Milk Bucket9.009.50
Cannonball8.007.75
Mussel-Shell Armor10.009.00
Silver Horseshoe3.172.00
Snake Bracelet4.804.75
Star7.608.00
Jewel-Encrusted Egg8.409.00
Applewood Amulet8.179.25
Moccasins4.001.00
Lion-Headed Bracelet8.009.25
Snakeskin Boots7.297.50
Silk Ladder1.381.00
Lost Hornpipe9.5710.00
Helmet6.405.00
Lucky Pillow9.8810.00
Ruby Earring6.577.75
Raccoon Collar4.144.00
Diary5.404.75
Ivory Hunting Horn4.756.50
Lucky Medallion9.139.00
Metal Beard8.288.00
Map to the Lost Gold Mine9.179.25
Headdress9.679.75

So far, most of the scores have been a little higher than the original. I can see Bandit Queen having a big jump in its episode score this time around.  :mrsilver:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:19:45 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 02:47:23 AM »
Yeah, at the rate this is going, it might actually crack the 8 range. :o

And I'm gonna add this chart to the OP, with your post linking right to it. I might do the same thing with the rooms topic. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2014, 11:40:06 PM »
And with a whopping 8.20 average, time to end the poll for "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen." :mrsilver:

Up next is the "The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox." :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this win an 8. I know this is a little too high, but I really like this win. It's not my favorite by any means, but Joel was very fast and for the most part, got the job handily. I would've ranked this run a little higher, but Joel's slow assembly of the monkey and his poor exit plan is what dragged it down for me. He probably would've shattered Shaka Zulu's time if it wasn't for his exit plan. :o Joel is a little overhyped, but not as bad as some other contestants. Either way, I still like this win, and I thought Joel and Dorthy deserved to win. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Nose Ring an 8 too. This win doesn't bother me as much as some of the wins that are overpraised on the show. Joel might've pulled a Ron and he might've took a little extra time with the Silver Monkey, but he also did many things right too. He cleverly dodged a temple guard, used a shortcut, and he was super fast too. Unlike Shane from Ahmed Baba, Joel would dominate every layout. And I actually like Joel too. Unlike most contestants, no one ever sticks up for him when he gets criticized. Yet people always do the same thing for Shane and Mitchell. He was a fun contestant to watch and I loved this win.  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yes, exactly what I was thinking! Joel has been criticized WAY worse in the past, yet no one ever defends them. Yet Shane and Mitchell are treated as "delicate little snowflakes" for lucking into their layout. As flawed as Joel was, he was still a very fun (and fast contestant), and it was a joy to see him win. And you're right, he definitely would've dominated any other layout, mistakes or not. ;) :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I like this win way more than Ahmed Baba and it is not even close. Actually, this episode is in my top 20 all time list. It was very fun and Joel and Dorothy's enthusiasm and Kirk's enthusiasm was off the radar in this episode. :lol: And yeah, Joel would've beaten Shaka Zulu's time if he actually didn't have trouble with the Silver Monkey and didn't pull a Ron. And I would have much more respect for this win than Bobby's win.

And speaking of Shaka Zulu, I can't wait to rank it tomorrow. Although we should just skip it since we all know everyone is going to give it a 10.  :mrred:  :mrred:  :mrred:  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, I also like the whole episode. :mrsilver: I especially liked Joel and Dorothy's enthusiasm, and their dominance throughout the episode. It's a pretty memorable episode the whole way through too. From the aforementioned enthusiasm, to the unique temple games, to the temple run. What do I remember about Ahmed Baba? Well, they had an interesting set up of games too. But other than that, nothing. Enormous Nose Ring is on a completely different level than Ahmed Baba, it's not even a contest. And I also agree that if Joel actually DID shatter Shaka Zulu's time, I'd have more respect for it. At least it wouldn't seen so "lucked into."

And yes, Shaka Zulu is indeed tomorrow. :mrred: Why don't I just log in a "10" for the final total and be done with it now? Since it is the "best win ever" after all. The YouTube n00bs can thank us later. :lol:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I gave Iron Nose Ring an 8 as well for the same reasons.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And I'm also gonna keep this poll open for another day. Just one extra day so we can get some more votes in this thread.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And with a whopping 7.75 average, time to end the poll for "The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe the Ox." :mrsilver:

Up next is "The Mask of Shaka Zulu." :oops: :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 6: The Mask of Shaka Zulu
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:43 PM »
I gave this win a 1. I don't care if the production error wasn't Bobby's fault, this win was completely lucked into. Bobby was just an average player who just happened to win because the Holes of Python/Tomb door wasn't supposed to open. Yet YouTubers call this "the best win ever" and only look at the layout and outcome and boom, it automatically makes it a good win. And I really don't get how Bobby "was fast going through all the rooms." It took him 53 seconds to get to the artifact, and 53 seconds to get out with it. How is that possible? David from Lawrence of Arabia had the exact same exit route, yet he only needed 27 seconds to escape from the temple. Oh yeah, and he's a better player than Jennifer from John Sutter too apparently. Does Bobby get any sympathy or accolades from me? Hell no. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:57 PM »
I gave Shaka Zulu a 1. I don't know why I even gave it a 2 in the original topic. I hate this win more than  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  even. Bobby got really really lucky with his layout, and he happened to finish with the fastest win on the show to do that. And now, the run is praised more than ever just because it is the fastest win ever. Did the casuals even watch the temple run? Bobby probably wouldn't have won if he was forced to take the long way. :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »
Boy, you must've been so excited to vote for this win when you come to THIS topic first, then the rooms one. Usually it's the other way around. That really says a lot about this so called "best win ever," doesn't it? ;)