0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (25%)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 10: The Milk Bucket of Freydis
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »
I probably would've given it a 9.5 too, and I almost gave it a 9. Since that's the score I gave the temple run in my episode review of it. But a 10 is much more fitting. Regardless, it's gonna rank high in the end anyways. :mrpurple: :mrpink:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
Freydis totally deserves a 10 in my book. I remember Tarrah won the "Best Legends Female Player" elimination thread a long time ago, and everyone was upset she won. I was pretty surprised because she really was one of the best female players on the show. I think people only look at her slow speed which is why they don't think highly of her. I think they overlook the nasty fall she took in the Pit and how she recovered from it and still won. Contestants like Jason, Ronald, Kimberly, and Chris from Pecos Bill can't say the same thing despite having a lot of time on their hands. I love Tarrah's win and anyone who thinks Buddha is better needs to stop reading Youtube comments. :?

Freydis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buddha>>>>>>>>>>> Shaka Zulu

EDIT by PPF, since your post was way too stretched out. When it didn't need to be.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:59:53 PM by booyouwhore »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »
You do realize that that contest took place over 7 years ago, right? Obviously opinions are gonna change by then. And I gave Tarrah a 10 in my rating in this thread. Sure I questioned that decision, but I still gave it to her nonetheless. Regardless, she's gonna rank high anyways. Let's just be grateful for that. And be grateful she's not called a bad player, just because Jennifer from Buddha gets "undeserved criticism," so oh I know! Let's bring other peoples favorites down, just to make our favorites look good. :roll: Jennifer is the best player of Season 1? HA! :roll:

By the way, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not updating these polls so much. I just wanted to get at least four votes, and now I have since Brent is back now. I hope I didn't inconvenience you guys too much.

Do you guys want me to continue this poll? If not, let me know and I'll close both topics.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:47:45 PM by booyouwhore »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2014, 01:23:21 AM »
And with a 9.5 average, time to end the poll for "The Milk Bucket of Freydis." :mrpurple:

Up next is "Galileo's Cannonball." :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 11: Galileo's Cannonball
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:38 AM »
I gave this win an 8. This was an awesome temple run, and an excellent start to the show! :mrsilver: This was THE first temple run on the show, you can't expect the players to be absolutely perfect and flawless in the temple. Jennifer was easily confused sure, but she did just fine in her short time in the temple. And Jammin' Jon was an excellent player. Very underrated, and needs some more praise here. The way he handles all those rooms and long path was very impressive for an early season temple run. He definitely lived up to his "anchor" nickname. This temple run was extremely exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's not as exciting as all the other wins, (and one second wins for that matter), but Jennifer and Jammin' Jon were a great team, and they deserved to win. :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
I love Galileo! It was a very memorable and exciting win. Jennifer was a good contestant and Jammin John was a beast. I can't see how anyone can complain about their performance since they were literally the first temple team. Of course they are going to be a little confused! Even then, they moved fast and didn't get turned around too much. Not every run has to be like Apanuugpak. Jammin John was the star of this run for sure. I love the ending to this run too with Jammin John dropping the Cannonball... twice. :lol: Overall, this was a solid run and my favorite Silver Snakes win on the show. I am shocked at some of the hate this win gets. So I am going to give it a 9.  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »
Exactly, I also don't understand the hate this win (and John Sutter for that matter) gets. Like I said in my above reasoning, this was THE first temple run on the show. You can't expect these players to be Season 3 level of flawless. I mean, Jennifer was easily confused, but besides that she didn't make any real mistakes. And Jammin' Jon was the star of the show. :mrsilver: He was very fast and impressive for such an early temple run on the show. I think if anything, Jammin' Jon is more underrated and not talked about at all. He really hasn't been praised at all since the old days of the forum. So this whole "overrated" stuff makes no sense. This was a very exciting win, and Jennifer and Jammin' Jon deserve to win. And deserve all the love they get. :mrsilver: Plus, the early Season 1 quirks is what makes this run so unique. ;)

Speaking of Apanuugpak, that's coming up next. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:32 AM »
Yeah, the early Season 1 quirks makes runs like Galileo, Sultan Saladin, and Lost Gold Mine enjoyable wins. Jammin John and Tia were a great team all day! I don't care what people say about these wins, I will always think highly of them. Jammin John was a beast and I would like someone to put up a real argument on why they don't believe he should be praised. And you're right, I never seen anyone really give Jammin John praise either. Almost everyone looked down on him because his layout was simple and he didn't move fast at times. Long story short, Galileo is an awesome win and Jammin John is one of my favorite male contestants on the show.  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2014, 12:59:57 AM »
Silly Stone Marker you did it again. :lol: It's Jennifer, NOT Tia. ;)

But you're right though on everyone else you said. Galileo is my second favorite Season 1 episode, and even my favorite Silver Snake win too. :mrsilver:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2014, 01:53:07 AM »
I went with a 7. If I was leaning towards a 9 for a win like Freydis, there's no way Galileo gets that high a mark from me. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, not at all, but it's not like one of my top 10 of all time either. 
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2014, 02:03:35 AM »
Speaking of Freydis, I love how the last two wins we've covered are both one second wins. :mrpurple: :mrsilver:

And Post 100 of this topic! Whoo hoo! [/n00b]

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2014, 11:44:50 PM »
And with a 7.75 average, time to end the poll for the amazing "Galileo's Cannonball." :mrsilver:

Up next is "The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak." :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 12: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
I gave this win a 9. This temple run was very exciting, and easily one of my favorite wins ever. But I feel like I can't exactly give it a perfect 10. Amanda and Gator were a great team in the temple. Amanda was a good player, she was NOT a terrible player at all. But Gator was clearly the star of the show here. :mrgreen: The way he breezed through the temple, it had to be a record. He couldn't even keep his pants up! Just watch him try to hike them up the whole time he ran. Priceless. :lol: Gator to me is hands down, THE best player in Legends history, and he is definitely an all star player to me. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2014, 12:07:06 AM »
I gave Apanuugpak a 9 too. It was a great win for sure and Gator is no doubt the best player on the show. I loved how this kid knew that you don't have any time to screw around in the temple. I can Gator winning any layout with the speed he moved. Amanda was good too and I definitely like how supportive she was towards Gator. While it is an amazing win, this run never pulled me like it did for other people. I just don't find it to be the best win on the show. But I don't mind if people call it the best win though, because it absolutely deserves that title!  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
I personally think either Lucky Pillow or Lost Hornpipe deserve the best win ever title. But Apanuugpak ranks up there too. :mrgreen: In fact, Apanuugpak literally got a solid 10 average last time around. So that does say something. ;)