0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (25%)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Win - Day 32: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 15: The Star of Sultan Saladin
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:10 PM »
What I can't believe is that she's compared to Bobby from Shaka Zulu, and manages to rank lower than him. O_O Lea is definitely a better player than both players put together. She deserved to win!

And I just realized I called Lea a "he" in my reasoning. :lol: Among my other typos. Oops.... I guess that boy's haircut had something to do with it. :P

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
Yeah an 8 sounds about right!!
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
And with a solid 8 average, time to end the poll for "The Star of Sultan Saladin." :mrsilver:

Up next is "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great." :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave this run an 8. What a solid temple run! :mrred: Sure the layout was a little easy, but Kris and Kristin were fast, smart, and got the job done handily. I would even go as far as saying Kristin was one of THE best female players in the shows history. This was a fantastic way to end the show. And the artifact looked incredible too. :mrred:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave Catherine the Great a 9. One of the best wins on the show. Even though the layout was kind of simple for Season 3 standards, that doesn't stop it from having a strong performance by Kris and Kristin. They did a solid job in the temple. The Red Jaguars don't have many good runs, but this one is the exception. It was a very memorable and exciting, even if it was because it was the last day ever. You couldn't have asked for a better way to end the show. Which is why I gave this win a high score.  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Actually, I'm gonna change my vote to a 9, which was what I was going to give this win in the first place. :mrred:

And by the way, our votes last night were literally cast at the exact same time. I checked the time stamp. :lol:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I have this run a 9. And I really wanted to go higher. But it honestly doesn't stack up to the really really REALLY great all time runs. Just short of that. If there was an option for 9.5, I would use it here.
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And with a solid 9 average, time to end the poll for "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great." :mrred:

Up next is "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata." :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Win - Day 17: The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »
I gave this run a 9. I almost want to give it a 10 actually. This was an excellent, almost flawless temple run. So what if Olivia Emma and Robert's path was short? So what if Olivia Emma didn't pick up the half pendant? They were a great team and they deserved to win. :mrgreen: Their layout was very hard for early Season 2 standards, obviously their objectives were gonna take a while to finish. You can't hold that against them. Plus, you gotta love the one second win where Olivia Emma makes that huge leap back to the temple gates. This was a very memorable and exciting win, and I just don't see the point in nitpicking at it. Robert and Olivia Emma deserve all the praise they get. :mrgreen:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
It gets a 10 from me. It's my 3rd favorite episode of all time for a reason!
Top 10 episodes:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2014, 12:40:53 AM »
I gave Emiliano Zapata a 9. This was a great win and very exciting on top of that! I don't see how anyone could call Robert and Olivia-Emma's layout easy when they faced some of the toughest rooms that the temple offered at the time. You don't have to enter every room of the temple to be called a good win. And Olivia-Emma and Robert hardly did anything wrong. They both moved fast and handled their rooms just fine. Sure, Olivia-Emma passed up the half-pendant that might've been deadly if there was another temple guard. Did it affect the outcome? No, so people should use their time complaining about Nathan Hale and Sacred Ring instead of focusing on this run. Overall, this was an exciting win and the down to the wire makes it one of the most exciting finishes in the history of the show. I love this win and it never gets old to watch.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:41:38 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2014, 12:58:43 AM »
Seriously, I just don't see how anyone can diss call this win bad. This was a very exciting win, and very memorable compared to say, Tall Turban and Dr. Livingstone. Layouts don't mean anything to me. As long as the players look like they know what they're doing, and are competent, that's all that matters. There's no point in nitpicking and calling this run bad. I love the Applewood Amulet run, and I thought they deserved to win. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:33 AM »
Yeah, they totally deserved to win. The nitpicking like Olivia-Emma missing the half-pendant is just over-the-top because it had no impact on the run. I honestly never think about it when ranking this run because it is irrelevant. If it ended in triple capture, then I would criticize her when needed. But I am not going to nitpick over something that never panned out. Same with Jarrid from Pirate Captain. His detour into the Secret Password never bothered me. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2014, 01:09:55 AM »
And why think of the bad things, when the team won? I mean, 4/32 one second wins is a pretty good total. I would say this is my favorite one second win, but Freydis and Lawrence of Arabia rank just ahead of it. But this one is still good too. It's in my Top 10 at least. ;) :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2014, 01:17:10 AM »
I guess people like contestants like Ron, Kimberly, and Jason who have more than enough time to bring their artifacts out but crap the bed in the end and still fail to lose. Olivia-Emma had much less times than those losers, yet she still pulls off the win. So why complain about her win? This win is also in my top 10 too. ;) Although I like Lawrence of Arabia a little better because this win literally kept me at the edge of my seat and Freydis because I did not expect Tarrah to pull it off at all.