0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 110: The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie  (Read 9056 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Artifact - Day 5: The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
I gave the Snake Bracelet a 6. It was MUCH better than some Season 1 artifacts, but it just looked like a lame looking slinky. Like Stone Marker said, it looked like it came from a dumpster. :lol:

And laughing at the thought of a paintbrush? That's great. :lol: We should definitely cover that artifact next. And maybe it's time for me to go back to my Paintbrush profile if you're so turned on by a paintbrush. ;)

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »
Thought about giving it a 7 but went with a 6. There are other, better looking artifacts still to come.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
And just like the other thread, I am going to update this early because I will be really busy later on. ;) And with 6 votes, the Snake Bracelet finishes with a 5.67.  :mrsilver:

And by popular demand, next up is "The Paintbrush of Purple Parrots Fan Leonardo Da Vinci".  :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Paintbrush a 2. Leonardo Da Vinci was a famous artist and all they could associate with him is a little Paintbrush with some dried up red paint on it? Couldn't they have done better like they did with other artists in episodes like Missing Eye and Priceless Portrait? I guess that is asking too much from the Season 1 producers. :roll: One of the worst artifacts on the show. The reason it didn't get a 1 though because there were worst artifacts.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the good old Paintbrush a 3. For someone as legendary as Leonardo Da Vinci, I expected MUCH more than just some stick with paint splatters on it. Couldn't they have put more effort into it? Like Stone Marker said, I guess it was asking too much for the Season 1 producers. :roll:

Oh well, at least I can enjoy some 15 minutes of fame. Even if it's for the "wrong" reasons. :mrorange: Maybe you can do Stone Marker next. ;) :mrred:

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
I gave the Paintbrush of Karen Smith a 4.

Sure they could have done more for Leonardo. But they didn't. They gave us a paintbrush. And it sure does in fact look quite like a paintbrush. It did its job, and pretty well. So I can't knock it too much.

That said, there are artifacts that are much cooler or better looking, so I didn't want to rank it too high either.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Paintbrush of booyouwhore a 4.
Fixed. :mrpurple:

And I agree. For such a legendary figure, I'd expect MUCH more than some piddly little paintbrush. Oh Season 1, how you disappoint us. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
PPF... I mean Leonardo Da Vinci finishes with a 2.83.  :mrorange:

Next up is "The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade". I picked this episode by an RNG.  :mrblue:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Ivory Elephant a 7. Even though it is obvious that this is just a plastic Elephant, it is still a pretty interesting artifact to look at. If this was a real artifact, it would be something I would totally own. And the details of the elephant look pretty good too. And I liked the legend of this episode too. The artifact is a little boring to look at, but it is interesting than most of the artifacts on the show.  :mrblue:

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
I gave the Ivory Elephant a 10. I love how this artifact looks. Also, my grandma used to have a large collection of elephants like this artifact (made out of actual materials, not plastic, of course) and I own one of them currently, which makes this artifact special to me. Also, it's cool how this is the only Medusa's Lair space artifact in S2 where the team had to take a counter-clockwise path to reach the artifact.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the elephant a 7. It was a neat looking artifact, but others looked better.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I gave the Ivory Elephant a 10. I love how this artifact looks. Also, my grandma used to have a large collection of elephants like this artifact (made out of actual materials, not plastic, of course) and I own one of them currently, which makes this artifact special to me. Also, it's cool how this is the only Medusa's Lair space artifact in S2 where the team had to take a counter-clockwise path to reach the artifact.

That's pretty interesting. My grandma has a snowman collection that she got from different parts of the world that looks pretty neat. I always look forward to seeing them during Christmas time.

It is nice to see an artifact actually get good scores for once. All of the artifacts we covered so far (especially the Season 1 artifacts) were getting some low scores. No surprise on the S1 artifact. There are like only 3 good artifacts from that season. :oops: The Ivory Elephant looked pretty good though, but I thought they could've added a little more details to it. I do like the legend in this episode though. Despite it being utterly forgettable, the legend is the one thing I remember about Ivory Elephant. :P That is, Scheherazade telling a story every night so she would not be killed by her husband. Good legend, and I love how Kirk can't even pronounce her name. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I would've liked this artifact a lot better if it didn't look like a temple game prop. I mean, it's neat to look at, but it's not quite on Jewel Encrusted Egg level of nice looking to me. Are there any Season 1 artifact that were good, at all?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I would've liked this artifact a lot better if it didn't look like a temple game prop. I mean, it's neat to look at, but it's not quite on Jewel Encrusted Egg level of nice looking to me. Are there any Season 1 artifact that were good, at all?

Yeah, I was about to mention how it looked like a temple game prop too. Same with the some of the other golden artifacts like Golden Stallion and Golden Cup.
As for Season 1 artifacts, most of them looked lame and unrealistic. I mean look how tiny Galileo's Cannonball looks. It looks like it was some Magic 8-Ball originally or something. Here is the good Season 1 artifacts IMO:

- Trojan Horseshoe (The legend is really dumb, but at least it looks like a real horseshoe)
- Golden Cricket Cage (It is more interesting than most of the Season 1 artifacts)
- Golden Jaguar (I know it looks like a temple game piece, but it actually looks like a real golden animal figurine)
- Blue Pearl (I love the legend and the design of the small Pearl.)
- Mask of Shaka Zulu (It actually looks like a tribal Mask)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
I agree with all of those, and I thought Galileo's Cannonball looked pretty neat too. Knowing Season 1, they could've very well have used some Nerf ball, but they used a "fancier" looking ball instead. It was also funny how Jammin' Jon almost let it bounce away before he crossed the finish line. :lol: Same with Blue Pearl. At least they used an artifact that looked like a pearl, with fancy designs on it to boot.