Author Topic: What's the name of that show?  (Read 767 times)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
What's the name of that show?
« on: August 13, 2006, 08:47:51 PM »
OK TV junkies, help me out here.

I remember this kids game show from the early 90's. It was on one of the four basic channels (NBC, CBS, ABC or FOX), and aired on Saturday Mornings.

The final round involved kids running around a maze/obstacle course wearing a Velcro suit, and lining the walls were tons of video games. Any video game the kid stuck to his suit he got to keep, assuming he crossed the finish line before time expired.

I don't remember anything but that, but it's been driving me crazy for a while. Can anyone help?

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »
Wow.... that sounds really farmiliar for some reason. However, i do not know the name of it. Sorry.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:04:01 AM »
A maze full of video games?   :shock: Why didn't I know about this show as a kid?

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:35:40 AM »
I have never seen a game like that.  The only video game based game show I know of is Nick Arcade

Offline sag_2006

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
Re: What's the name of that show?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 10:01:48 AM »
OK TV junkies, help me out here.

I remember this kids game show from the early 90's. It was on one of the four basic channels (NBC, CBS, ABC or FOX), and aired on Saturday Mornings.

The final round involved kids running around a maze/obstacle course wearing a Velcro suit, and lining the walls were tons of video games. Any video game the kid stuck to his suit he got to keep, assuming he crossed the finish line before time expired.

I don't remember anything but that, but it's been driving me crazy for a while. Can anyone help?[/quote:]

I believe the show you're referring to is "Video Power".  This was in the show's second season (the first had video game tips mixed with various video game themed cartoons.  Season 2 turned it into a part game show, and is the season most remembered.)

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
That's it! I found a video of the theme song on Youtube, and the clips confirm it.

Thanks man.