Author Topic: Rate the Legends Room - Day 43: Jester's Court  (Read 11062 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 34: Pirate's Cove
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2014, 01:07:33 AM »
Look at it this way: This poll is almost over. After that good 'ol Day 43, you never have to see this poll again. And I never made a comparison chart. Unless you want to make you like you did for the wins thread. But I wanted to check with you first.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 34: Pirate's Cove
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2014, 11:21:20 PM »
And with a mere 3.25 average (congratulations guys, you ranked it low), time to end this stupid poll for the stupid Pirate's Cove. You're welcome. :roll:

Up next is The King's Storeroom. ;)

Day 35 - The King's Storeroom
Objective: Smash the pots to find the key, put it in the pedestal, and proceed to the next room.
Season(s): 2, 3

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 35: The King's Storeroom
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »
I gave this room an 8. This was one of the best rooms this show has ever seen. Not only did it have a great challenge to it, but I liked the concept of smashing pots just to find a key. Very smart move bringing it back for Season 3, albeit in a different room space. I personally liked Season 2's room space better. Not only because it was less cramped, but because I just loved admiring the different colored pots that were on display throughout the episodes/filming days. I loved this room, and I would've loved to see it again had the show been picked up for Season 4. :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »
If this was the Season 2 version, I would give it a 10. This was a great and memorable room in my eyes. The concept was unique and definitely very fun to do. I always wanted to be the contestant to break the pots. Also, some of the pot designs were cool in this room. It was definitely one of the best rooms on the show. On the other hand, I would give the Season 3 version an 8. This version did not have the same charm as the original one. I didn't like the camera angle used and I preferred when the contestant could break the jars with their hands. Average them two together, I gave the King's Storeroom a 9 overall.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2014, 12:11:58 AM »
I gave it a 10. My personal favorite room on the show not counting the Shrine, but I feel like that room is in a category all by itself. Great objective, great combination of quickness, brains, and luck required, good placement in the temple, specifically in season 2. Love, love, love this room!
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2014, 12:46:38 AM »
If this was the Season 2 version, I would give it a 10. This was a great and memorable room in my eyes. The concept was unique and definitely very fun to do. I always wanted to be the contestant to break the pots. Also, some of the pot designs were cool in this room. It was definitely one of the best rooms on the show. On the other hand, I would give the Season 3 version an 8. This version did not have the same charm as the original one. I didn't like the camera angle used and I preferred when the contestant could break the jars with their hands. Average them two together, I gave the King's Storeroom a 9 overall.
For someone who gave this such a high ranking, you don't seem like you enjoy the room. Even Geronimo gave you the warm fuzzies more. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2014, 11:52:32 PM »
Sorry for the delay. And with a non solid 9 average (I'm as shocked as you are), time to finally end the poll for The King's Storeroom.

Up next is The Mine Shaft. ;)

Day 36 - Mine Shaft
Objective: Ride the elevator up or down.
Season(s): 1, 2

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 36: Mine Shaft
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
I gave this room a 5. I kind of hate this room. Too dark and gloomy, even with the brown lighting that Season 2 had. It was just an elevator room, and the objective was simple. Plus, the elevator always squashed contestants chances at winning. But you can say that about any elevator room. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I'm just not impressed with this room, at all.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »
I gave the Mine Shaft a 6. I actually don't mind this room too much despite the criticism it gets. I thought the room design was rather fitting and it had some memorable moments. The one downside to it was that it was never a good idea to ride it because it was so freakin slow. But that is part of it's charm because it punishes the contestants who avoid shortcuts (Ahmed Baba not included because Shane was amazing  :mrgreen: ) Unlike the Well, I actually liked the Mine Shaft and having an elevator in the temple was a cool idea. It wouldn't have been so bad though if it didn't ruin so many runs (Mush Pot Hat, Empress Theodora, Two-Cornered Hat, etc.)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2014, 12:02:48 AM »
I gave the Mine Shaft a 6. I actually don't mind this room too much despite the criticism it gets. I thought the room design was rather fitting and it had some memorable moments. The one downside to it was that it was never a good idea to ride it because it was so freakin slow. But that is part of it's charm because it punishes the contestants who avoid shortcuts (Ahmed Baba not included because Shane was amazing  :mrgreen: ) Unlike the Well, I actually liked the Mine Shaft and having an elevator in the temple was a cool idea. It wouldn't have been so bad though if it didn't ruin so many runs (Mush Pot Hat, Empress Theodora, Two-Cornered Hat, etc.)
And Leopard Skin Cloak. ;) And of course NOT Ahmed Baba. Since you know, he won. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »
I can't believe I forgot Annie Oakley considering how obvious of a choice that was. :P But yeah, Ahmed Baba gets a free pass though because Shane was amazing.  :mrgreen:

And I always forget that this room was in Season 1. :o If it wasn't for Galileo, I would forget that the Mine Shaft was the first room use for that space. I am glad they brought it back in Season 2 over the lame Well. And I am also glad they got rid of it in Season 3. I would've hated it if they brought an elevator back during that Season.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
Yeah, Leopard Skin Cloak is a classic example of why you shouldn't take an elevator. It's a shame too, Chandra would've won if it weren't for the elevator. Darn elevator, but at least Shane pulled off such a groundbreaking win. So it does make up for it. :mrgreen:

And yeah, the Mine Shaft was one of THE very first rooms Season 1 ever had. I also forget it was used so early on in the show. But I like the lighting better in Season 2 than I do in Season 1. But the Quicksand Bog is better. The latter room was more fitting in Season 3, instead of an elevator. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »
That is correct! And coincidentally, all of the Season 1 rooms that returned in Season 2 were all featured in S1L1 (Throne Room, Heart Room,  Mine Shaft, Shrine, and Swamp). And I definitely liked the Season 2 color better too. The color in that room space for even the Dungeon and Well looked so ugly. Well, I guess it was fitting for the Well because it did give off a "dampy" look. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
Yeah, the dark coloring was fitting for The Well, but not for the rest of the rooms that season. And notice how in Seasons 2 and 3 the Mine Shaft and Quicksand Bog respectively were never changed the whole season, at all? Granted, Season 3 never changed rooms, but it's good those rooms never changed. I can imagine it being a pain to change around elevator rooms all the time. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2014, 12:17:45 AM »
Yeah, the dark coloring was fitting for The Well, but not for the rest of the rooms that season. And notice how in Seasons 2 and 3 the Mine Shaft and Quicksand Bog respectively were never changed the whole season, at all? Granted, Season 3 never changed rooms, but it's good those rooms never changed. I can imagine it being a pain to change around elevator rooms all the time. :shock:

I personally think they should've just kept the Dungeon in that room space. It was totally creepy and realistic with the two cheap plastic skeletons, giant over-sized tarp, and two ladders that were hard to climb. That way, we can hear Kirk make the "former contestants" remark all season.  :mrred:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:19:33 AM by The Red Jaguars »