Author Topic: Rate the Legends Room - Day 43: Jester's Court  (Read 10102 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 29: Room of Harmonic Convergence
« Reply #270 on: July 13, 2014, 12:10:07 AM »
The Room of Harmonic Convergence had too much wasted potential. It was a good concept for a room, but it felt broken most of the time. Runs like Belshazzar and Lost Logbooks suffered because of how buggy this room was. Even when the room did work, it still caused some confusion. Also, the room is kind of ugly too. It was just too bright and similar to the Throne Room. Despite the complaints, I liked this room much better than the lame Throne Room. If it actually worked more, I would've given it a higher score. But due to the problems I talked about, I can only give it a 4.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
I originally went with a 7 but changed to a 6 because the room was always broken.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »
This room seems like a hit or miss for most fans. Some people like it for the unique objective and how it is an upgrade from the Throne Room, while some point don't like it due to how broken it could be. I would like this room a lot more if it didn't give so many problems. But in a Season 1 temple where almost every room was nothing but simple objectives, this room comes off as being one of the best ideas ever. Too bad it was wasted potential like most Season 1 rooms.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2014, 12:52:48 AM »
I personally hated this room. Too broken and it looked like a cheap arcade game. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
And with a non solid 5 average, time to end the poll for the Room of Harmonic Convergence.

Up next is The Viper's Nest. ;)

Day 30 - Viper's Nest
Objective: Pull the snakes out of the jar, or simply proceed into the elevator.
Season(s): 2

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 30: Viper's Nest
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:39 PM »
I gave this room a 5. The concept of pulling snakes from a jar was cool I guess, very prank like. But I don't know, I just wasn't entirely sold on the idea. And it was yet another one of the top corner rooms where you didn't need to complete it if you were coming from the Shrine. Plus, this objective was only done twice, one of which was when a contestant didn't even need to complete it. I don't know, I'm more indifferent to this room. And I really don't have any strong feelings for it.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »
I am going to give this room a 3. Like most rooms in this space, the Viper's Nest was rarely completed. Not that it was entirely the rooms fault, but it doesn't have much going for it. Even when it was completed, the objective was so easy that it made you think it was a Season 1 room. I mean pulling snakes from a jar? Okay. Plus I hardly remember this room existing even though it had a couple of good artifacts located in it (NOT Butch Cassidy ;) ). It was a lame room that just rotted away before being replaced by another unfortunate sap. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
Of course Butch Cassidy was a great artifact! Don't you remember Matt the amazing player who lead their team all the way to the temple? :o

But yeah, most boring room ever. Though I doubt the producers would be creative enough to think of that room for Season 1.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:53 PM »
Well, I would say the Torch Room is the most boring room. I didn't even know there were torches in there until Jennifer from Lost Gold Mine tried completing it. :mrblue: Coincidentally, it was the predecessor to the Viper's Nest.  :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2014, 12:04:06 AM »
Well, at least the Torch Room looked sort of neat with the golden Season 1 lighting. The Viper's Nest just looked so dark and dreary looking. Like, it would make you fall asleep just looking at the room. Even the Lightning Room and Room of the Secret Password looked better. It's funny how the players who didn't even need to complete those respective objectives (John Sutter's Jennifer and Ty) were the ones who actually won. :mrblue: :mrorange: Of course, Brett from Dr. Livingstone completed it too, but he actually needed to. :P

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2014, 12:22:12 AM »
I went with a 4. This was a good concept that just wasn't exciting enough for me.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
And with a 4.25 average, time to end the poll for the Viper's Nest.

Up next is The Swamp. ;)

Day 31 - Swamp
Objective: Traverse across the swamp, and proceed to the next room.
Season(s): 1, 2

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 31: Swamp
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
I gave the Swamp a 4. It is not as bad as the Spider's Lair, but at least it was memorable and it looked like a Swamp. And at least they got the "murky"part right with the room too. But still, it was just an empty waste of space and the Bamboo Forest is much better than the Swamp. They shouldn't have brought this room back to Season 2 either. :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
I gave this room a 3. Why can't these Season 1 rooms be more creative? :roll: If my above "description" wasn't already indication enough, it's just a hit the actuator room. That's it. Granted, it WAS better than the Spider's Lair, but this room is nothing short of uninspiring. If it's one positive thing I can say about this room, I did like the Season 1 green Swamp better than the dirty looking Season 2 brown Swamp. I just thought the green looked neater, though the brown did make it look well.... Swampier. Other than that, this room was a bore. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »
And Stone Marker posts his thoughts before me. Since I bet you were so excited to talk about the "awesome" Swamp. ;)