Author Topic: Rate the Legends Room - Day 43: Jester's Court  (Read 7991 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 9: Dungeon
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »
Another thing I hated about the Dungeon was the ugly big tarp they had on the floor. Almost every contestant tripped on it when they entered the room. :roll: Also, the Dungeon guard in "Kamehameha" had trouble opening his door in order to capture Tina. And I also mentioned the color of this room was so ugly too. :oops: No wonder Kristen had trouble finding the breakable wall because it almost blended in with the Dungeon.

My favorite part is how the producers put two skeletons in the room and called it the Dungeon. :roll:

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »
I gave the Dungeon a 2. The room had no challenge whatsoever, and it wasn't really a dungeon. Although it wasn't the worst room in Legends history *coughcoughTreasureRoomcoughcough*
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
Another thing I hated about the Dungeon was the ugly big tarp they had on the floor. Almost every contestant tripped on it when they entered the room. :roll: Also, the Dungeon guard in "Kamehameha" had trouble opening his door in order to capture Tina. And I also mentioned the color of this room was so ugly too. :oops: No wonder Kristen had trouble finding the breakable wall because it almost blended in with the Dungeon.

My favorite part is how the producers put two skeletons in the room and called it the Dungeon. :roll:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the delayed temple guard in Kamehameha. Why hide a temple guard in there? Couldn't they have just hid it in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings? Yeah, what a dark and ugly room. How this room got approved at all is beyond me. :oops:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2014, 11:51:45 PM »
And with a mere 1.43 average, time to end the poll for the Dungeon. :oops:

Up next is The Dark Forest. ;)

Day 10 - Dark Forest
Objective: Reach in the hole and find the key, or bust through the wall.
Season(s): 2, 3

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 10: Dark Forest
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
I gave this room an 8. This was easily one of the most iconic rooms on the show. I liked the challenge of reaching for the key, and an option to just bust through the wall. I liked the scary/dark theme it had going for it too. I also liked how the trees would say "GOT YOU!" if you were captured by a temple spirit. On the flip side, the room was a little cramped, and the room was a little too dark. And there were some contestants (like Ashlie from Dolley Madison and Tess from Sojourner Truth) who struggled in that room. Other than that, it was a great room and I would've loved to see it return, had the show been picked up for Season 4. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2014, 12:37:06 AM »
I gave the Dark Forest a 9. It was one of the best rooms on the show, and very memorable too. I love the unique temple guard captures in this room too. And I like how the contestants could have the option of actually avoiding them too. After the Shrine, I have to say this is the most iconic room on the show. If they ever had a Season 4, I hope they wouldn't remove this room.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »
I'd have to say this is my third favorite room, behind the Jester's Court (second favorite) and the Shrine (my absolute favorite). To me, it would be a mistake to not bring this room back for Season 4. ;) It would be a hard room to replace.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2014, 01:28:36 AM »
I gave the Dark Forest an 8. Truly an iconic room, possibly second only to the Shrine in that regard.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2014, 04:32:55 AM »
Someone must've thought the room was overrated to give it a 4
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »
I wish I could view votes, but I can't. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »
Meh. No need to out them. They can vote how they feel.
Top 10 episodes:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »
And with a 7.5 average, time to end the poll for the Dark Forest. :mrgreen:

Up next is The Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge. ;)

Day 11 - Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge
Objective: Spin on the giant wheel, or run across the bridge.
Season(s): 1

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Room - Day 11: Wheel Room/Troubled Bridge
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:09 PM »
I gave this room a 5. I don't have any real special feelings for this room. I mean, it was better than the Wall Climb, but it wasn't the greatest looking room to look at. Plus, some contestants (Shane, Danny, Eddie) would often take the wrong entrance, and have to backtrack all the way to the otherside of the room. Which certainly ate up a lot of time. I don't know, I never really cared for this room.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
I gave the Wheel Room a 4. It was an interesting concept for the Pit, but it had too many problems. First off, this Pit was just way too cramped. I mean one of the crawl spaces in the Cave of Sighs was blocked off because of the big wheel. Secondly, this Pit was used way too much in Season 1. It should not have lasted for 5 layouts. But still, I liked how it reused a DD prop and sort of gave the Pit of Despair an objective. However, I am not a fan of these types of rooms where they limit the players choices. The Rock Quarry did it better.

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »
I was a little generous and gave the Wheel Room a 6.

I love the objective. I don't like the way it limits the players' choices in the Pit. That's one of the best part of the Pit, being able to "choose your next path", and I don't like that being taken away.
Top 10 episodes: