Author Topic: Rate the Moat Crossing - Smashed Printing Plate/Sforza Day "Net and Vine"  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - S1L2 Day "Aztec Footboard"
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
Aztec board moat finishes with a 5.75 ever. Time for S1L3's moat.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - S1L3 Day "Overhead Rope for a Tightrope"
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »
Alright, table in the OP updated, same with the thread title. And I gave S1L3's moat a 3. I hate this moat. I really do. Seriously, all you have to do is swim with a rope, tie it around a poll, then your partner crosses with assistance from the overhead rope. Big whoop. I think even giving it a 3 is too generous. I can't wait for Season 2's moats. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »
I gave this moat a 2. One of the lamest and most uninspiring moats on the show. It felt like every moat after this one used the exact same premise, minus Snake Bracelet's production day. I bet it took the producers many nights to come up with this moat. :roll: And despite it being pretty simple on paper, it seemed to cause some of the teams on that day trouble. One of the worst moat ideas ever on the show.

Alright, table in the OP updated, same with the thread title. And I gave S1L3's moat a 3. I hate this moat. I really do. Seriously, all you have to do is swim with a rope, tie it around a poll, then your partner crosses with assistance from the overhead rope. Big whoop. I think even giving it a 3 is too generous. I can't wait for Season 2's moats. :roll:

Agreed. At least the Season 2 moats had variety for each production day for the most part. And the "shaky log" moat from Stone Head and Empress Theodora's day will be interesting to rank. :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:51:32 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
TRJ, you never actually voted. It still says I'm the only voter. What's up with that? =/

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »
I thought I placed my vote? Well, now it is official now.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 12:45:16 AM »
Yeah, now I see it. Let's hope we get at least one more vote for this poll. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 12:49:40 AM »
Now we have four votes now. I noticed that TSM hasn't been on in a few days either, probably because he is out of town for the Easter weekend. He usually always votes in these polls too. But it looks like everyone so far thinks lowly of this moat. :lol:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
I thought I saw him online a few times? But yeah, no surprise everyone hates this moat. :P I mean, you just use a rope, seriously.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
And I think it's time to put an end to this moat. S1L3's moat ends with an embarrassing 2.25 average. :roll:

Up next is S1L4's moat. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - S1L4 Day "Paddle Across on Raft"
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »
I gave S1L4's moat a 4. Another uninspiring moat, but I suppose it was better than all the other "rope" moats. Plus, most of the moats on this filming day were pretty close, where all the teams rang in pretty close by to each other. But, it's a moat that's nothing to write home about.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 12:43:08 AM »
I gave this moat a 4 also. This moat sort of reminds me of S1L2's moat, but without the contestants having to use their footboard to cross. It is better than the "rope overhead" moat used in other episodes, but the concept of just paddling a raft across was still uninspiring and lame. The only reason it didn't get a lower score was because we did see some competitive moats with it, especially Great Seal's.  :mrsilver: Other than that, it was your lame Season 1 moat.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
I think it's time to put an end to this poll. And with 5 votes, S1L4's moat finished with a 4 average. Glad to see this poll is finally getting votes. ;)

Up next is the S1L5 moat.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - S1L5 Day "Inflatable Tubes One at a Time"
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
I gave S1L5's moat a 3. Yet another uninspiring Season 1 moat, and it just seemed like this moat gave players more trouble. I mean, some of these players could not throw the tube to their partner. Some of them just couldn't do it. And because of that, it just made the moat more painful to watch.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
I gave this moat a 4, only because it wasn't nearly as bad as the S1L8 moat. In S1L5's moat, the player just had to throw the innertube to their partner after they pulled themselves across. Not a very creative concept at all. Plus, it was challenging to throw such a big tube to the other side. As a result, we end up with some moats taking too long. The only reason this moat didn't get a lower score was because of S1L8's moat. That moat used the same idea, but instead the first player had to use the hanging rope to get across. So I figured S1L5's moat should get a slightly higher score.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »
Well so far, you're the only person who's ranked this a 4. Everyone else has ranked it a 3. I would've liked this moat A LOT better if these players knew how to throw a tube once in a while. Though I suppose it's better than S1L8's objective.