Author Topic: Rate the Moat Crossing - Smashed Printing Plate/Sforza Day "Net and Vine"  (Read 6991 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - Bifocal Monocle Day "Swinging Steps"
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
I gave this moat a 9. This would have to be my favorite moat on the show. It looked cool and fun to do, and it put a lot of emphasis on teamwork. Plus, all the moats on this filming day were all very close. Where it seemed like any team could've advanced to the next round. Instead of most moat rounds where it was obvious who the four teams would be. It was a very creative idea for a moat. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2014, 11:57:35 PM »
I am giving Season 3's very first moat a 9 also.  :mrorange: Great idea for a moat, and it probably was the best team oriented moat used on the show. All of the episodes that used this moat (including the dreaded Bifocal Monocle) were pretty decent. I also like the creatve idea used for this moat too. A great way to start off Season 3.  ;)  :mrorange:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2014, 12:40:04 AM »
Yeah, I almost gave this moat a 10, but I figured a 9 would be more fitting. I especially liked how on all four episodes that featured that moat, almost all the four winning teams rang in at the same time. Sir Gawain was a perfect example of that. :mrorange: Even the moat rejects weren't too far off. It's definitely a moat I would've loved to try out myself. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »
And with a whopping 8.8 average, time to end the "swinging steps" moat. Our highest moat to date by a longshot. :mrorange:

Up next is the "Balancing on a boogie board" moat. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - Chandragupta Day "Balance on Boogie Board"
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »
I gave this moat a 7. Like the swinging steps moat, it was a very unique and creative idea. And the "balancing act" was executed MUCH better than the "shaky log" moat back in Season 2. At the same time though, I felt like some of the moat rules were overly nitpicky. Like the "don't touch your partner" rule, where kids were sent back for touching your partner by accident. Plus, it did look hard to do. It seemed like all the teams on every episode on that day (sans Chandragupta) had a tough time keeping their balance. I probably wouldn't make it past this moat if I were to try it out. :lol: Other than that, it was a pretty good moat. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
I gave this moat a 7 also. It was definitely one of the most unique moats on the show, but I also felt the rules were very picky. They should've gotten rid of the rule where could not touch their partner. It felt like they were asking way too much for the player to not touch their partner. Take the Thornwood Gavel moat for example. The Purple Parrots were very fast in getting across, but they were sent back because the partner pushing the raft touch their partner. Other than that though, this was a really good idea for a moat. It would've ranked higher if a couple of moats that day weren't long and if the rules weren't so picky. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »
Yeah, I thought that was asking too much for the kids to NOT touch their partner. Plus, it seemed like the kids who tried that moat were all dropping like flies and simply just didn't have the balance. Though the Chandragupta moat was just perfect. ;) Nobody fell into the moat once, not even the moat crossing rejects. That's amazing. :o

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
And with a 7 average, time to end the "Balance on boogie board" moat. :mrgreen:

Up next is the "side scrolling net" moat. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Moat Crossing - Snow Cone Day "Side Scrolling Net"
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
I gave this moat a 7. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I thought this was a pretty neat moat. I liked the concept of the players crossing the same net, albeit on opposite sides. And none of the teams on this day seemed to struggle much either, and all the moats were pretty quick. I know this moat was used on a terrible production day, but I still liked this moat and its concept. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
I gave Snow Cone's day moat crossing a 7. It was the only good thing that really came out of this production day. It was a cool idea and it had the perfect difficulty too. Most of the teams were pretty close in hitting their gongs too. The concept is much better than the net and vine moat used tomorrow on Imperial Wizard's day. It would've ranked higher, but nothing really sticks out about it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »
Wait, the net and vine moat is worse than the side scrolling net? The latter moat was one of the best moats on the show. How can you justify THIS moat as better? I liked the other moat better. =/

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »
Well, some of the moats had it were a little more problematic than this moat. See Empress Eugenie's and Smashed Printing Plate's moat.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
Even then, it was a more creative idea than a side scrolling net. Question is: Which moat got used again on the last production day?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
The moat used for Empress Eugenie and Benzibab's day was the net and vine moat. The same one used for Imperial Wizard and Useless Map's day. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »
Exactly, and what a great moat to both re use and close off the show. ;) I think I'll do what I did for the Nose Ring/Nostradamus moat, save it for last. I mean, look what we did with saving our John Sutter episode review for last. And Lawrence of Arabia being voted on last for all the polls that were made here. So it's only fitting. :lol: