Poll

When you take a quiz/test, which type of question irks you the most?

True or false
2 (28.6%)
Multiple choice
0 (0%)
Fill in the blank
0 (0%)
Matching
0 (0%)
Short answer
1 (14.3%)
Essay
4 (57.1%)
Other (if I forgot any, please explain below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Your least favorite type of quiz/test question?  (Read 603 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Your least favorite type of quiz/test question?
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
So after taking a decent amount of quizzes in one of my classes and getting a few low scores on them, I was curious as to what type of question you guys hate the most when taking a quiz or a test.

My least favorite question has to be true or false questions. I know it's a 50-50 crap shoot, but I tend to get these wrong most of the time and these just so happen to be the only questions on those quizzes I've been struggling with. That just pisses me off. I am not a big fan of those questions. Essay questions are annoying too because they're a longer version of short answer questions, but I don't find them as annoying as ToF.

What is your least favorite test/quiz question? Feel free to elaborate and if I forgot any type of question, please let me know.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Your least favorite type of quiz/test question?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:47:19 AM »
I never liked essays. I'm not a very good writer.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
As a grad school student, I have been through many of these type of tests an quizzes. So I might as well say how I feel about each of them. :P

True/False: I am neutral to these for the most part. I only like them when they are a really small portion of a test. I seem to have bad luck with these though as I get more wrong than right most of the time. I do hate it though when the teacher wants you to explain why the answer is False though. Especially when almost all of the answers happen to be false.

Multiple Choice: This is my preference right here for a type of test to take. Mostly because you can eliminate choices and zero in on the answer more easily. I don't like tests that are 100+ MC questions though. It is so hard to go back and check over your answers. :?

Fill-in-the-Blank: I haven't had much of these tests, but they are alright I suppose. They are only tricky though when there is no word bank though. Not many teachers use this.

Matching: I love these type of tests too. I usually do good on matching questions although there is always 1 or 2 that tripped me up.

Short Answer: This is the one that I voted for. Why? Because as a business major, almost all of my tests had these types of questions. And the short answers don't end up being short answers either. Often times, the questions ask for like 4 different things and it feels like I am writing a page for each question. And not to mention, most tests seem to have 8-10 problems like these. :?

Essay: I actually don't really mind essay questions. I am not a an of writing in anyway, but at least with essay questions there is flexibility unless you have no idea what you are talking about. I usually do good on essay questions.

Long story short, the short answers get my vote.  :x

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »
True or false questions get ambiguous when teachers word things awkwardly, so I had to vote for that. Multiple choice can also be bad when there are answers like "Two of the three answers above are correct."

Offline AimYourBrent

• Headless King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
 I can see how people would say true or false. I always knew to read the statement super carefully and look out for that one minor insignificant detail that would throw off the answer. I voted for essay, even though I was good at doing them, I didn't enjoy having to. Just give me multiple choice and let me move on.
Top 10 episodes:
1. Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
2. Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta
3. Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata
4. Milk Bucket of Freydis
5. Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great
6. Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain
7. Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid
8. John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Goldmine
9. Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
10. Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible