Poll

Best Female Player (Silver Snakes)

Elise - War Fan
Miriam - Bandit Queen
Heather - Snow Cone
Kimberly - Broken Trident
Annie - Ruby Earring

Author Topic: LoTHT Awards - Season 3 Edition: Best Female Player (Silver Snakes)  (Read 7184 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Time to move onto our final season! This season might be the most interesting due to the number of strong teams and wins.

Rules:
1.) Everyday, I will hold a poll for each of the categories below. You must vote for ONE run to win that category. The run that wins the most votes will win that category.
2.) I will make a separate poll for each category since it might be easier to vote one by one instead of altogether.
3.) Each poll will be open for 24 hours as usual.
4.) If you have a suggestion or discrepancy for any of the categories, just post your thoughts in this topic.
5.) Have fun! You can post your nomination below or just simply vote in the poll.

Best Temple Win: "The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak" (3 votes)
Runner-Up: "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" (2 votes)
Worst Temple Win: "The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland" (4 votes)
Best "Failed Escape" Run: "The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea" (2 votes)/"The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie" (2 votes)
Runner-Up: "The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror" (1 vote)
Worst "Failed Escape" Run:  "The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh" (3 votes)
Runner-up: "The Broken Trident of Poseidon" (1 vote)
Best "Triple Capture" Run: "The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain" (4 votes)
Worst "Triple Capture" Run: "The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce" (4 votes)
Best Temple Team:
Red Jaguars: Kris and Kristin ("The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great") [4 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Brandy and Quentin ("The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyashu") [4 votes]
Green Monkeys: Jarrid and Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain") [4 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Tiffani and Jahmel ("The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain") [6 votes]
Purple Parrots: TJ and Randy ("The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen") [5 votes]
Silver Snakes: Kevin and Annie ("The Ruby Earring of Benzibab") [3 votes]
Worst Temple Team:
Red Jaguars: Jason and Dana ("The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass") [4 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Kate and Larry ("The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley") [4 votes]
Green Monkeys: Pat and Noelle ("The Marble Armrest of Xerxes") [3 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Veronica and Thomas ("The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack") [5 votes]
Purple Parrots: Derek and Sherra ("The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson") [5 votes]
Silver Snakes: Casey and Heather ("The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro") [4 votes]
Best Male Player:
Red Jaguars: Nate ("The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea") [5 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Quentin ("The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu") [5 votes]
Green Monkeys: Gator ("The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak") [6 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Mike ("The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean") [5 votes]
Purple Parrots: TJ ("The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen") [6 votes]
Silver Snakes: Zac ("The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen") [6 votes]
Worst Male Player:
Red Jaguars: Jason ("The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass") [6 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Larry ("The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley") [6 votes]
Green Monkeys: Jeremy ("The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce") [4 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Thomas ("The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack") [6 votes]
Purple Parrots: Derek ("The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson") [6 votes]
Silver Snakes: Casey ("The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro") [6 votes]
Best Female Player
Red Jaguars: Kristin ("The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great") [5 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Brandy ("The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu") [6 votes]
Green Monkeys: Jessica ("The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain") [6 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Tiffani ("The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain") [7 votes]
Purple Parrots: Randy ("The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen") [5 votes]
Worst Female Player:
Red Jaguars: Dana ("The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass") [6 votes]
Blue Barracudas: Kate ("The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley") [5 votes]
Green Monkeys: Lauren ("The Dried Apple Half of WIlliam Tell") [4 votes]
Orange Iguanas: Veronica ("The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack") [6 votes]
Purple Parrots: Sherra ("The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson") [5 votes]
Silver Snakes ("The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro") [5 votes]

Time to start off with the best win.  :mrteal:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:11:31 PM by Wing Ding »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 3 Edition: Best Temple Win
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
Season 3 had a lot of great wins that deserved this title. In the end though, it came down to Pirate Captain and Apanuugpak. I had to go with the one that had "one of the best teams we've ever seen" - Pirate Captain. This win was a very strong victory and Jessica and Jarrid owned everything.  :mrgreen: Even though their layout was tough and had a production error, they still won handily and the whole run was exciting. It was very rare to see a team dominate it like these two. Apanuugpak was amazing also for Gator alone. That guy tore up the temple and no one can ever top him. The reason why I didn't vote for this one though was because: 1.) I have seen it countless times that it sort of wore off of me. 2.) Amanda was kind of average at best. Both wins are exciting, but I liked Pirate Captain a little more.  :mrgreen:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:08:58 AM »
Honestly, I voted for Apanuugpak. Gator owned everything, and I'd much rather watch this run than Lost Hornpipe. And that run was great too, but Jarrid sort of made the mistake of entering the Room of the Secret Password. That could've been really costly. So therefore, I'm not voting for Lost Hornpipe.

I love both wins, really I do. But seriously:

Gator >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jessica and Jarrid

I don't know, I might change my vote if this poll doesn't expire in the next hour. This was sort of a hard decision, between those two.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:22:21 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »
And Apanuugpak wins the best win title! No complaints from me, this win was all about Gator.  :mrgreen: I went with Pirate Captain as it was slightly better by a hair in my book. But both wins are great, so I can't complain if either won.  :mrgreen:

Next up is the worst temple win of Season 3.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 3 Edition: Worst Temple Win
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »
I gave the worst temple win award to Roland. This is the only win from this season that doesn't impress me. This layout was the " :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: " layout of Season 3. Yakerra was a average contestant that wouldn't have scored a fast win in any other layout. She really should've beaten Shaka Zulu's record. Some other wins like Sforza and Benzibab had easy layouts too, but those wins were enjoyable to watch at least and had some redeeming points. Roland ranks near the bottom of my list.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:36 AM »
I also voted for Roland, even though I don't actually hate any of the Season 3 wins. Yakerra was a good player and everything, but she's not as amazing as she's made out to be. And she totally lucked into her win.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:47:23 PM »
And Roland wins the worst temple win title.

Next up is the best "Failed Escape" temple run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 3 Edition: Best "Failed Escape" temple run
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:55:53 PM »
This was a hard decision. The three runs it came down to were Battle Flag, Queen Boadicea, and Good-Luck Watch. I couldn't vote Battle Flag because both players were responsible for that team losing, even if they reached a center of the temple artifact. It was a good and exciting run, but I had to take it off the list because of Olivia and Jonathan's mistakes. In the end, I voted for the Good-Luck Watch. The temple run was humorous, memorable, and exciting. Between Janeen's temple guards and Jay's screaming, this temple run is entertaining to watch. :lol: Plus, Jay was a beast in the temple also. They would've won if Janeen wasn't so hesitant, but it was still an exciting run nevertheless. Queen Boadicea was great also, but I felt Good-Luck Watch was slightly more memorable and exciting. And Lissy wasn't much better than Janeen either.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »
I also voted for Good Luck Watch. Yes Janeen was hesitant, but I find it MUCH more exciting than Royal Torque, a run I don't like to be honest.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
Well, this one was pretty close. :o Both Empress Eugenie and Queen Boadicea finish with a tie with 2 votes each. William the Conqueror also received one vote also. For right now though, Empress Eugenie and Queen Boadicea will hold the "Best Failed Escape" title.

Next up is the "worst failed escape" run.  :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: LoTHT Awards - Season 3 Edition: Worst "Failed Escape" temple run
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
I voted for Enormous Feather as the worst failed escape run from this season. There is no run that pisses me off more than this one right here. This run would've been an easy win, but Karisa tried hard in every way to screw it up. She moved slow, looked clueless, and stalled way too much. Even Kirk felt that she was screwing around too much. I hate this temple run because of her. Broken Trident is pretty bad too, but at least it is memorable for the no temple guards encounter and the "mishap" by Kimberly. But this run sucked pretty bad too. At least Kimberly though wasn't doing too bad before the temple run...

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
Yeah, I also voted for Enormous Feather. This is pretty much "The Missing Weather Maps of Season 2." Karisa stalled through every single room, and didn't even RUN when she grabbed the feather. Even Kirk and her partner David was pissed at her. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:02 PM »
I am glad that I am not the only that hates Enormous Feather more than Poseidon. It was amazing that Karisa even managed to reach the artifact. :roll: This is probably my most hated Orange Iguanas team on the show too next to Cracked Crown. I can't stand the temple runs where it should've been an obvious win, but the second runner blows their load big time. Alhambra, Lost Lariat, Missing Weather Maps, Enormous Feather, and Oracle Bowl are the runs that come to mind. I can't stand Poseidon either, but Kimberly was doing okay before reaching the Trident. Granted, she moved so slow too and deserved to lose for dropping the artifact. But Enormous Feather is more grating to me.  :evil:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »
Yeah, Enormous Feather is definitely worse. And Good Luck Watch coloring from blue to green has been fixed in the OP.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »
Karisa and the Enormous Feather win the worst failed escape award.  :roll:

Next up is the best triple capture episode.