Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 9083 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #285 on: May 11, 2014, 11:31:17 PM »
I think Kamehameha and Great Seal would be highly regarded even more if they had actually won instead. Both Silver Snake teams were very strong and did great in the temple. I don't see any reason why neither run wouldn't be highly regarded.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 11, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »
I think Kamehameha and Great Seal would be highly regarded even more if they had actually won instead. Both Silver Snake teams were very strong and did great in the temple. I don't see any reason why neither run wouldn't be highly regarded.

There's always a chance that viewers would consider them "average wins" or "forgettable." It seems that those phrases get tossed around pretty frequently.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:34:10 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 11, 2014, 11:35:54 PM »
I can see Kamehameha being labeled as an "average win". People would probably say that Tina and Robbie only won because they had a Season 1 layout and most of their rooms were easy. I definitely would think highly of this win though. Same with Great Seal. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2014, 11:42:11 PM »
Yeah, I would've thought highly of Kamehameha and Great Seal too if they turned out to be wins. Both runs were exciting enough despite their triple captures, and I certainly wouldn't have called either run forgettable. Even if they did have easy rooms. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »
I brought this up a few pages back, and I want to bring this up again. Does anyone consider Lost Hornpipe to be a rather.... quirky episode? Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT episode, easily one of the best episodes ever on the show. :mrgreen: But I always found it a bit more quirkier than most Season 3 episodes. The reason I say that is because of the "musical thing that does a jig" answers on the steps, and the unique temple game set ups. Then again, this was my first Season 3 episode that I saw after Bandit Queen, Discarded Seal, Sir Gawain, etc. So I might be alone on this. But I'm curious to see what your thoughts are. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 12, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
Nope, I totally agree with your about Pirate Captain being a quirky episode. I think I have mentioned it a few times myself:

- The legend was a little silly compared to most Pirate stories.
- The Steps of Knowledge had the "Musical instrument that does a jig" correct answer. :lol:
- Brent of the Purple Parrots liked to collect... bags.
- The temple games were silly like the legend. For example, Jessica's temple game had the girls collecting barnacles.
- The temple run had the temple guard that tried to act like he wasn't there even though he could easily exit the door.
- During the ending of the temple run, you can see Jarrid playing with the Lost Hornpipe after they win.

So yeah, I definitely consider Pirate Captain to be the quirkiest Season 3 episode. Another quirky one is Sir Gawain too, but that is mostly for the unusual edits. Overall, I have to say that Pirate Captain is my favorite Season 3 episode of all. I love both the temple win and the earlier rounds.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 12, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
Yeah, Lost Hornpipe is my favorite Season 3 episode too. Either that or Apanuugpak, one of those two. But Lost Hornpipe is a very quirky episode, for all the reasons you mentioned. Also, I remember their grand prize being a trip to an amusement park, which I don't recall was ever given out in any other episode. Plus, I liked some of the camera angles that were shown in the temple run too. You know Jarrid is moving fast when even the camera guys can't even keep up with him. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 12, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
Plus, I like how after Jarrid grabs the Lost Hornpipe, you can see a cameraman or some producer running on the top floor. I like both Pirate Captain and Apanuugpak, but Pirate Captain is an easy vote for me. The earlier rounds of Mussel-Shell Armor never really pulled me in like Pirate Captain. Don't get me wrong, they were great like the fast moat and the comical legend, but Pirate Captain was more memorable and entertaining pre-temple round. I also like Jarrid and Jessica's win slightly more than Mussel-Shell Armor.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »
I totally agree with you there. Apanuugpak is a great episode, but the rest of the rounds aren't as exciting as Lost Hornpipe is. It doesn't really pull me in as much, like you said. ;) And both temple runs are spectacular too. I'm not even sure which temple run I like better between Apanuugpak and Lost Hornpipe, they're both pretty much tied for me. But as an episode as a whole, I like Lost Hornpipe better. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
Speaking of wins, what are your most favorite wins for every team? Since we have been comparing some wins lately. ;)

For me:

:jaguars2: - Jewel-Encrusted Egg (no other win even comes close)

:barracudas2: - Annie Taylor (Map to the Lost Gold Mine is very close too)

:monkeys2: - Lawrence of Arabia (Pirate Captain and Mussel-Shell Armor are close behind)

:iguanas2: - Lucky Medallion (Levitating Dog Leash is runner-up)

:parrots2: - Milk Bucket (Metal Beard and Billy the Kid are great too, but Milk Bucket wins this one)

:snakes2:  - Galileo (Bandit Queen and Sultan Saladin are close behind)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »
Basically all the runs you mentioned except for Orange Iguanas. I don't know why, but I just like Nostradamus better. It's much more exciting and I loved the teamwork and Jason's using of the leash to grab the Pit rope. Atocha is good too, but I like Nostradamus better. ;) :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
So you like Lawrence of Arabia over the other Green Monkeys wins too? Good choice. I love this win over the others because it feels special compared to the rest. Probably because it was the first episode Nickelodeon ever aired. That, and the Green Monkeys were a great team and the temple run was super exciting. David kicked ass in the temple and his exit literally kept me at the edge of my seat. And I love Kirk's enthusiasm and Fogg-Ups. Pirate Captain and Apanuugpak might've had the better team performances, but I prefer Lawrence of Arabia over the rest because it is special.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 13, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »
Since I'm not feeling so lazy, these are the wins I like best from each team:

:jaguars2: : Catherine the Great
 :barracudas2: : Lucky Pillow (with John Sutter as a close second)
 :monkeys2: : Apanuugpak, Lost Hornpipe, Lawrence of Arabia (It's literally a tie between those three, I can't decide)
 :iguanas2: : Nostradamus
 :parrots2: : Freydis (followed by Billy the Kid, then Metal Beard)
 :snakes2: : Galileo (followed by Bandit Queen, then Sultan Saladin

But really, it was such a hard choice for the Green Monkeys. Every win except Tall Turban deserves to be on this list honestly. :o They're that good. :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
Am I the only one who liked the Bandit Queen temple run? I know Miriam stalled too much, but I thought it was an excellent temple run and I thought they deserved to win. And honestly, I don't think Miriam moving too slowly should detract to what a great run this was. Of course, Zac is the star of the show here. Even if he didn't have many objectives to handle, he outright FLEW through the temple. I don't know, I feel like this win is underrated. I don't know if this has been mentioned here in this topic before. But either way, I think this was an excellent run. What do you guys think? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:35 PM »
I love Bandit Queen too.  :mrsilver: I just don't find it to be a top 5 win that it is made out to be. Mostly because how Miriam was starting to go into Karisa mode. But watching Zac in the temple was fun and he sure was a beast with his speed! I would've loved to see him handle the Belle Boyd or Ivan the Terrible episode because he might've pulled off a win with them. I know it seems like I diss this win a lot, but I also really enjoy it too. It is my favorite Silver Snakes episode after Galileo. ;) Although I have seen this run and  Zac get immense love from a lot of members, so I don't really consider it to be underrated.  ;)