Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 8381 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2014, 11:44:34 PM »
I knew it was a Purple Parrot fan that needed Bifocal Monocle. And they were utterly disappointed when they first watched it. I guess that is a good thing that was not your last episode needed. :oops:

What was the last episode that you needed for completion? For me, it was the Stolen Arm of Shiva. Just because Nick GaS rarely played it and I don't ever recall anything about it back in the day. It is yet another episode that could die in a fire and no one would care or miss it. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
I believe "The Ruby Earring of Benzibab" was my last episode that I needed for completion. Back when the CNS downloads were posted back in 2009. I remember "The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland" was my second to last episode, and Benzibab was THE last. And that right there was when I at long last saw all 120 full episodes of the show. So luckily for me, I picked a great episode to have "120 episode completion" on. :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
If you were kamehameha, you would've died of impatience if Benzibab was your last episode.  :mrsilver:

I don't know if this question has been asked, but what Orange Iguana win do you guys like better? Atocha or Nostradamus? Both wins get a lot of praise and both rank high on people's list. So which one do you prefer?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »
I probably would've thrown a parade if I were kamehameha. Especially since I missed the Nickelodeon airing of Benzibab. :mrsilver:

And to answer your question, I like Nostradamus better. It was very exciting and great teamwork by both Elizabeth and Jason. Atocha is a great run too, and Ty owned everything. But I just thought Nostradamus had more going for it, and it was more exciting overall. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »
Interesting, I actually like Atocha better than Nostradamus. Don't get me wrong, I love Nostradamus. But I thought Atocha was very exciting from beginning to end. The pendant drop at the beginning was very memorable and Kirk's enthusiasm was great in this run. I loved the Ty Cobb line too. And Ty's strategy of staying high was clever too. Elizabeth and Jason were a good team too, but I felt the excitement factor was better in Atocha. ;)  :mrorange:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2014, 01:02:06 AM »
Yeah, Atocha was very exciting, for the very same reasons you stated. If Ty had entered the Crypt instead, he wouldn't have run into any guards. And then he wouldn't have had his pendant thrown back to him. Imagine how amazing that would've been. :o But I just like Nostradamus a little more because of Jason and Elizabeth's effort in the temple, and for the teamwork. Like Elizabeth signaling back the half pendant for Jason. And it was memorable for Jason very cleverly utilizing the leash to help him reach the Pit rope. Nostradamus was a little bit better to me in my opinion. ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:02:37 AM by booyouwhore »

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
Does anyone else think that the Dead Man's Hand layout was too brutal? I think having all 3 central shaft rooms open from the pit, and forcing the time to climb up from the swamp was a bit much. I guess they're expectations were too high when the show started filming  :lol:
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »
Yeah, Dead Man's Hand was a completely broken, unwinnable layout. Couldn't they just open the Swamp/Golden Idols door? It certainly would've made for some interesting layouts. Plus, you can't blame neither Josh or Sara for not seeing the Throne Room/Swamp door open just a crack. The Throne Room was so terribly lit, that it was hard to see the door open. The producers definitely expected way too much out of these kids.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
Yeah, the Dead Man's Hand team was robbed with their layout. I know people call Sarah and Josh unremarkable and slow players, but can you really blame them? That layout was horrible and riddled with dead ends. It didn't matter what team had this layout, they would probably would've had the same success as Sarah and Josh. I always give these two a free pass like I do with Belshazzar because this layout was bizarre and impossible. Another team I would give a second chance. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:57 PM »
Which player do you guys feel failed harder in the temple - Kim (Charles Lindbergh) or Karisa (Enormous Feather)?

It seems like Karisa gets more hate for screwing up her run, but I feel that Kim sucked harder than Karisa. Kim only had to complete two rooms and then she could've grabbed the Weather Maps. But she failed in every way possible like running in the wrong direction and moving super slow. Plus, she passed the Dark Forest when the door opened. Karisa sucked ass too, but at least she completed more tough rooms than Kim and actually grabbed her artifact. Kim was just... extra special. -_-

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
Yeah, neither the Dead Man's Hand or Belshazzar teams were bad at all. They were just extremely unlucky.

Here's another question for you. We were just talking about the bad episodes we remember very well. What are some good episodes you are nostalgic for? That brings back so many memories for you. For me, my most memorable/nostalgic episodes are Discarded Seal, Lucky Pillow, Sir Gawain, and Bandit Queen by far. Those were the only episodes on YouTube way back in the day, and I would watch those episodes all the time. I also remember watching Leopard Skin Cloak and Blue Pearl on Jon's site a long time ago too. What are some good episodes you remember very well? ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
Which player do you guys feel failed harder in the temple - Kim (Charles Lindbergh) or Karisa (Enormous Feather)?

It seems like Karisa gets more hate for screwing up her run, but I feel that Kim sucked harder than Karisa. Kim only had to complete two rooms and then she could've grabbed the Weather Maps. But she failed in every way possible like running in the wrong direction and moving super slow. Plus, she passed the Dark Forest when the door opened. Karisa sucked ass too, but at least she completed more tough rooms than Kim and actually grabbed her artifact. Kim was just... extra special. -_-
I can definitely see how Kim failed harder, but I think Karisa failed a little more. I mean, David cleared a great path for her on the bottom floor, and left her 2+ minutes, and she completely screwed up. She didn't even know what to do in the Quicksand Bog for crying out loud! Granted, she did reach her artifact, but she was easily "the most retarded contestant of Season 3." According to TMH at least. :lol:

Though it is easy for me to say. Considering I've blocked every aspect of Missing Weather Maps out of my memory. O_O

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
Yeah, neither the Dead Man's Hand or Belshazzar teams were bad at all. They were just extremely unlucky.

Here's another question for you. We were just talking about the bad episodes we remember very well. What are some good episodes you are nostalgic for? That brings back so many memories for you. For me, my most memorable/nostalgic episodes are Discarded Seal, Lucky Pillow, Sir Gawain, and Bandit Queen by far. Those were the only episodes on YouTube way back in the day, and I would watch those episodes all the time. I also remember watching Leopard Skin Cloak and Blue Pearl on Jon's site a long time ago too. What are some good episodes you remember very well? ;)

Now this is a question I can answer. All of these episodes I remember from my childhood or from Nick GaS:

- Galileo: I remember Jennifer saying Jammin John's name with extra emphasis and Jammin John in general. I also remember the exciting temple run and the one second victory where John drops the cannonball... twice. :lol: This will always be my most favorite Silver Snakes episode. :mrsilver:

- Lost Gold Mine: I definitely remember this from my childhood and Nick GaS. There is a reason this episode is in my top 5 and it is because it was great and memorable all the way through. Jennifer's slipping and Kirk's extreme Fogg-ups stick out.

- Cobra Staff - I remember this being my first Purple Parrots episode. It is definitely a good watch, and I remember the mummy wrapping game and the unusual temple run where both players were polar opposites of each other.

- Lawrence of Arabia: An episode that I remember from the Nickelodeon days. David owning the bottom floor of the temple and climbing the wall climb to score the one second win is something I can't forget. :mrgreen:

- Atocha: I loved the Orange Iguanas enthusiasm in this episode and the close temple games. Also, Kirk's excitement during the temple run and Ty's memorable performance is something you can't forget.

- Freydis: Another episode that I remember by heart from the silly legend to Tarrah's amazing win. :mrpurple:

- Polynesian Girl: I love the artist theme in this episode and of course remember the close temple run and Kristen's silly poses. And how the Priceless Portrait stuck out like a sore thumb. :lol:

- Sir Gawain: How could you not forget this episode if you had Nick GaS?

- Pirate Captain: I remember the temple games where both teams were amazing, and of course the best team the show has ever seen! :mrgreen:

- Queen Boadicea: I remember Lissy and Nate dominating the earlier rounds and the temple run where Nate looks so disappointed in the end. :lol:

- BENZIBAB!111!!1: Another episode I remember from the original Nick days. I remember the silly legend and Kirk's "You got it my brother line". :mrsilver:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:46:58 PM by booyouwhore »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »
Another episode I remember from way back when is Lost Hornpipe. That episode I watched in Aaron's site. I remember finding that episode to be really quirky. Maybe that was just because it was the first Season 3 episode I saw that was NOT Sir Gawain or Bandit Queen. :lol: I remember the slippery footpath moat, the "musical thing that does a jig" answer on the steps, the close competition between the Purple Parrots and the Green Monkeys in the temple games, and of course the temple run. :mrgreen: Even today I find Lost Hornpipe to be one of the more quirky episodes. Not that it detracts from what an amazing episode it is. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 09, 2014, 12:56:37 AM »
Do you guys think it was harder for a team to NOT win in the Silk Ladder layout?  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: That layout was easy as hell, and I can see most any team winning in that layout. Even the Golden Cricket Cage kids because all it required was five rooms to win. And all of those rooms were hit the actuators. I literally can't think of a team that can't win this layout.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: