Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 11330 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:38 AM »
Wait a second, Thornwood Gavel? I always thought you liked that run because of Mike. He was a great player, it was Kelli who screwed everything up. I totally agree on the rest though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2014, 02:03:58 AM »
Wait a second, Thornwood Gavel? I always thought you liked that run because of Mike. He was a great player, it was Kelli who screwed everything up. I totally agree on the rest though.

Well, I enjoyed the earlier rounds of Thornwood Gavel. But the temple run is so painful to watch. This run reminds me of Enormous Feather and Charles Lindbergh. Mike was definitely awesome, but Kelli screwed up bad. I don't know, it feels like Thornwood Gavel gets a little praise around here. And it feels like it is compared to Dolley Madison a little bit. But Dolley Madison was exciting at least and Ashlie was much better than Kelli.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
I completely agree, Thornwood Gavel is only good for the pre temple rounds. The temple games were especially unique too. I even liked the "unconscious traveler" touch they did with the bucking horse game. :lol: But the temple run is definitely cringe worthy thanks to Kelli. Could've been a win if she didn't screw around in uncleared rooms. :roll:

And Ashlie was a lot better than Kelli in every aspect. Before her choke job in the Dark Forest, she moved very fast through every room. Plus, at least she reached the artifact before time ran out. I feel like Ashlie is also underrated around here. I mean, people give her flack for her confusion in the Dark Forest. Yet Tess from Sojourner Truth screws up MUCH more than Ashlie, but gets nothing but praise for it. I definitely prefer Ashlie over both Kelli and Tess. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
I enjoy the Dolley Madison run since day one. Even though Ashlie and Matt made some mistakes that prevented them from winning, they still moved fast and made this run enjoyable. I enjoy runs like Cobra Staff, Sir Edmund Hillary, Henry Morgan, Battle Flag, Dolley Madison, Belle Boyd, etc. where the teams make mistakes in the temple, but their runs are still enjoyable because the players move fast and are smart. I definitely agree that Ashlie is underrated. I am shocked when people compare her to Karisa or Kim from Charles Lindbergh sometimes.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2014, 03:53:39 PM »
You forgot Leopard Skin Cloak. Since Chandra did make the mistake of taking the elevator. I can't be the only one who likes this run. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2014, 01:22:12 AM »
What do you guys think of the Empress Theodora run? This run probably featured the next closest artifact grabbing after the Blue Pearl run. Did you think this run was exciting? Did the Mine Shaft elevator rob Josh and Ashley of a failed escape? I never hear much talk about this run. I want to know what you guys think? ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2014, 01:24:27 AM »
I feel no sympathy for the run tbh. Ashley was way too slow. And I don't think the elevator stalled. Josh did let go of the actuators in the elevator. He tried to dive for it, but ultimately failed.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2014, 01:41:13 AM »
I agree, this team moved way too slow in the temple. Nobody ever seems to point out how slow Ashley moved in the temple. She was as slow as people like Kerry and Leah from Blackfeet Chief. And those two get criticized all the time. Plus, Josh was not much faster himself. And he never let the Mine Shaft elevator descend all the way either. People usually blame the elevator for the team not reaching the Robe, but it was their own fault. I use to think that this run was exciting, but now I am indifferent to it. But I definitely agree that it was their fault for not winning.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
I also don't feel sorry for them for not winning. Ashley and Joshua were too slow. I like Blue Pearl better. ;) :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »
I also don't feel sorry for them for not winning. Ashley and Joshua were too slow. I like Blue Pearl better. ;) :mrorange:

I agree 100%. I can't believe that people compare these two runs. Blue Pearl was amazing and very exciting, and Empress Theodora is just plain average. Blue Pearl never gets old.  :mrorange:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »
Plus, Blue Pearl was MUCH more of a nailbiter. And it was more memorable. You were at the edge of your seat thinking "Is Jennifer gonna grab the pearl in time?" Sure, Albert moved too slowly in the temple, and even he picked up the pace eventually. And Jennifer was an great second runner. The way she retraced Albert's steps was nothing short of amazing. :mrorange: Though she should learn to crawl. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2014, 01:56:22 AM »
Plus, Blue Pearl was MUCH more of a nailbiter. And it was more memorable. You were at the edge of your seat thinking "Is Jennifer gonna grab the pearl in time?" Sure, Albert moved too slowly in the temple, and even he picked up the pace eventually. And Jennifer was an great second runner. The way she retraced Albert's steps was nothing short of amazing. :mrorange: Though she should learn to crawl. :lol:

And Kirk should keep his mouth shut too. He kept shouting at Jennifer to dive for it. I think she would've been fine if he didn't listen to him. Or if Albert got his act together earlier.  :oops: But still, I doubt they would care if they missed a stupid camera anyways. One of the most exciting losses though.  :mrorange:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2014, 02:03:33 AM »
Yeah, it's one of the few Orange Iguana episodes I even like. :mrorange: Imperial Robe was just average. I honestly forget that Joshua just fell short of reaching the robe. And their layout was rather easy too. Ashley and Joshua could've very well have won that layout, they just moved too slow.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

I agree 100%. I can't believe that people compare these two runs. Blue Pearl was amazing and very exciting, and Empress Theodora is just plain average. Blue Pearl never gets old.  :mrorange:

I'd imagine people compare them because they are both runs in which the contestant was within inches of the artifact when time expired. And not only were they close to the artifact, but they each were already in the room with the artifact for a good 10 or so seconds. The reason each of these contestants could not get to their artifact in time was because of the fact that they had to "complete" the room objective. Josh had to ride the elevator down, and Jennifer had to crawl through the Holes of Python. Conversely, most other teams could just enter the room with the artifact, grab it, and go.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
I was watching the Silk Sash run again. Does anyone have any idea what the ideal layout for that run is supposed to be?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.