Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 11101 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2014, 01:52:05 AM »
Yup, all of those were great runs too. :mrsilver: Anymore we can add to the list? Like how about Atahualpa, even though that really should've been a solo win. If only Chris didn't enter that Heart Room, but at least Tracy grabbed the artifact at the last second. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »
I've always found the "Red Sash" run exciting despite that one mistake. I liked both players and it was a close call in a tough layout.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »
Yeah, Red Sash is an underrated nailbiter as well. At least Brandy and Quentin reached the Tomb at least. But a few mistakes and hesitations prevented it from being a win. Plus, they were very dominant pre temple.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2014, 12:34:21 PM »
Of all the great losses, had the players not make their mistakes and their runs were wins (if possible), where would they rank in your lists? (This is for people who I know are capable despite mistakes) (Also, the runs below are great runs IMO)

Kamehameha: If Robbie entered the Heart Room instead, this would probably be a loss because I don't know if Tina would've been fast enough. If he entered the Observatory instead, it would've been a Top 5 win for me because of his speed and because it would've been a solo win.

(I doubt Henry VIII would've been a win with how scared and hesitant Shay was)

Edmund Hillary: This would've been a one second win... I think. Tara would have to really RUN to win. But if she had gotten out, I would've put this in my Top 5 for sure.

Atahualpa: Obviously, because of the simple rooms in Season 1, this would be a mid pack win for me.

(What more could've been done in Johnny Appleseed? Well, Angela could've move a little faster, but seriously, what else could they have done?)

Napoleon: I'm pretty sure the Shrine/Shaft passage would've worked and if Carly actually used it, she would've pulled off a nailbiting win and I would've ranked this in the middle. If Brian had not taken the direct path and actually moved faster, then this would've been in my Top 10.

Annie Oakley: Had Chandra taken shortcuts and Nick knew what to do in the King's Storeroom (Really? That hole?), I'd consider this in my Top 5.

Henry Morgan: Had Ashley used the key and made it solo, I'd consider this run in my Top 5. If not, even if Shem actually saw the door to the Room of the Mandarin Hand open, this probably wouldn't have been a win.

Dolley Madison: Without the Dark Forest blunder, this would've been in my Top 10. If Matt didn't go for the direct path, I'd put this in my Top 5.

Polynesian Girl: Had Kristen not been so hesitant, I'd rank this in my Top 10.

William the Conqueror: Without one of the two mistakes, Top 10. Without both, I'd probably consider this the best run ever. Probably.

(Why couldn't Travis and Elisa in Ivan The Terrible have a better layout? *sighs*)

(What else could the players in Queen Boadicea do? Well, Lissy could've been less hesitant, but the layout was already so hard)

Tokugawa Ieyasu: This would've been a nailbiter win and I'd go so far to consider it in my Top 3 had it been accomplished

Belle Boyd: The Shrine/Bog passage must be open and BOTH players must've taken shortcuts. And if they had done so... can you imagine? We'd be praising this as the best run ever to no end.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:34:59 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
^ I agree with all of those.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
I think Henry VIII would've still been a win. The only problem was Shay and Nick using the Cave of Sighs entrance. If they had used the Gargoyle Room, they would've won for sure. Even if Shay was hesitant. As for Mush Pot Hat, Angela could've climbed the wall a little faster. Probably would've made for a VERY close finish if that was the case. Or maybe if Chris had started in the Ledges instead of the Crypt, it could've been a solo victory. Total word on Discarded Seal too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
I totally agree with every single one of those runs being great wins. All of those losses are enjoyable to watch and most of the players put up a great effort in those runs. I would totally like to see one of those bottom of the central shaft runs be a win also. If Polynesian Girl was a win, it would've been in my top 5. Same with Queen Boadicea, it would've been considered the best Red Jaguars run if Nate an Lissy won.  :mrred:

Overall though, I would say Ivan the Terrible would've been the best run hands down if Travis and Elisa managed to pull it off. And they would give Jarrid and Jessica the run for their money as the best temple team.

Honestly though, almost all of those episodes should've been a win. If it wasn't for one or two mistakes, then we would've had more wins on the show. These losses I would give a free pass though:

Kamehameha: Even if Robbie took a direct path and Tina almost pulled a Harriet Tubman, the layout was both long and cruel. And the temple guard layout was not exactly fair for Season 1 run.

Great Seal: The half-pendant was no where in sight. Definitely not Nick and Shay's fault.

Annie Oakley: Even if Chandra did not take the Mine Shaft elevator, she would've been removed one room away. And Nick would've probably had a failed escape run at best. They would've needed to encounter all three guards to win.

Ivan the Terrible: Hardest layout ever with the best team ever facing it. Damn you, producers. :evil:

Belle Boyd: This would've been a failed escape at best if Leah and Matthew took more shortcuts. The layout was still brutal, and they almost came close.

Red Sash: Sure, Brandy and Quentin wasted time with hesitations and enter unnecessary rooms. But look at that layout? It required them to enter 9 rooms of the temple. And they still almost reached the Red Sash. This should get an honorable mention.

I would also add Good-Luck Watch to your list too. I thought it was a good run despite Janeen's hesitations and the favorable layout. It is a run that I can enjoy and doesn't make me cringe like most losses. I would definitely include these with the other runs in your post. ;)  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
I have a question I'd like to ask, unrelated to the above posts. Does anyone like Galileo's Cannonball? I happen to think it's a great temple run, and some people fail to realize that this was THE first temple run. Obviously there are some bumps to smooth out, since this was the first ever temple run. It's only natural for these contestants to get a little confused at times. Jammin Jon' did a great job, and he did well with the long path he had to the artifact. Does anyone else feel the same as I do about this run? I want you to very gently, give me your feedback on this one. I want you to tell me how you feel, since I think it's a wonderful temple run. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:00:11 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
I think Galileo's Cannonball is a great temple run. Obviously it had a little flaws, but considering it was the first temple run, I can excuse that. Also the temple run music got looped during the run, so you can tell this was early season 1. Jammin Jon is a great name BTW :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:47:20 PM by JCW555 »
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
Dead Man's Hand had looped music as well. What does everyone else think? I personally thought it was a great start to the show.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »
Galileo is a great win and I loved this run since day one.  :mrsilver: It might not have a higher production quality compared to the later runs on the show, but I like the little quirks in the run like Jennifer needing to be directed to enter the Heart Room and how Kirk sounded so flat yet also enthusiastic. :lol: Jammin' John was a great contestant and he handled his layout just fine. He may have been hesitant and wasted time in the Shrine, but he was also the first temple team ever on the show. And I think people forget that Galileo's temple run was the first temple run too. Blackbeard and Belshazzar were in a later production day, making it and Dead Man's Hand the only S1L1 runs. Plus, people forget that Jammin John faced some technical issues like the Mine Shaft elevator stalling. Great run overall and the ending was very memorable and exciting. Maybe not on the same level as Applewood Amulet, but it ranks up there. ;) This is actually my favorite Silver Snakes win and run on the whole show. It was a great way to open the show up. And Jammin John was the best boy of Season 1 after David from Lawrence of Arabia. ;)  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »
I agree, I also think Jammin' Jon is the best Season 1 boy besides David from Lawrence of Arabia. Which coincidentally, was also a close finish. :lol: I also agree with you that Galileo is easily the best Silver Snake run ever next to Sultan Saladin. :mrsilver: You want overrated players? Try Mitchell, Shane, Paula, and Bobby. Now THEY are the most overrated players ever. At least Jammin' Jon had something to show for, being the "anchor" of the team. Players like Shane and Mitchell were just plain lucky.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »
Jammin John was great all day. His team was first in the moat, first in the Steps, won 1.5 Pendants in the temple games, and the temple run was a solid effort. I don't expect him to be as fast as Zac or Gator. Hell, give Gator or Zac the Galileo layout, and I am sure they would struggle in a couple of places because they would have no idea how the temple worked either. Not to mention, then an earlier temple runner coach Zac before he appeared in the Bandit Queen?

I can give players like Jammin John and Jennifer (Lost Gold Mine) a break because their runs were so early on in the show. To expect them to know the temple like the back of their hand is asking for way too much. If they were later season contestants, I might not cut them a break. But then again, they probably wouldn't make those mistakes in later seasons.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »
^ I can too. Plus season 1 had the most layout changes on the show, so I can forgive any season 1 contestants (except for John and Tia from Golden Cricket Cage of Khan, and the Keys to the Alhambra kids. Idiots  :roll: ).

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »
To quote TRJ here:

Jammin John was great all day. His team was first in the moat, first in the Steps, won 1.5 Pendants in the temple games, and the temple run was a solid effort. I don't expect him to be as fast as Zac or Gator. Hell, give Gator or Zac the Galileo layout, and I am sure they would struggle in a couple of places because they would have no idea how the temple worked either. Not to mention, then an earlier temple runner coach Zac before he appeared in the Bandit Queen?

I can give players like Jammin John and Jennifer (Lost Gold Mine) a break because their runs were so early on in the show. To expect them to know the temple like the back of their hand is asking for way too much. If they were later season contestants, I might not cut them a break. But then again, they probably wouldn't make those mistakes in later seasons.
Exactly. You can't expect Jammin Jon' and Jennifer from John Sutter to have the whole temple memorized. Since this was still WAY early on in the show. Obviously this is a new show for both contestants and the whole production crew itself. Jammin' Jon was an excellent player all day. I think it's exaggerating honestly to call Jammin' Jon "he most overrated player ever." If anything, he doesn't get enough credit for what he does. Galileo was a great way to start the show off and I'm glad they won. :mrsilver:

And PS, Josh from Dead Man's Hans was supposedly Zac's "coach" when Zac went to try out for Season 3. ;) :mrorange: