Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 9091 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
*Barges into conversation*

What does everyone think of the Snake Bracelet win? I personally don't care about it, but what do you think? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
I actually don't mind Snake Bracelet's win. It definitely does not rank at the top, but I don't really have a problem with it. Mostly because it is one of the few episodes I remember from my childhood. But Tracy kind of ruins it though with how slow she moves. This episode should've beaten Benzibab's time. It is pretty forgettable though. But I definitely don't have a problem with it compared to other wins.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
I don't like it honestly. I actually find it to be a bottom feeder. Had it been reverse order of players, I probably would've thought differently. But it's way too forgettable and I forget it's even a win half the time. Plus, Tracy had no enthusiasm whatsoever. Hello, you just won. At least ACT like you're having fun instead of look like you'd rather be elsewhere.

Also, here's something I'd like to add about the Purple Parrots and their win. We all know episodes like King Tut should've been wins. But what about Blackfeet Chief? Would people actually like and respect that run had THAT been the first Purple Parrots win? Or would people not care about it at all, like with Silver Horseshoe and Silk Ladder? Thoughts on that? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
Blackfeet Chief is an episode that I never had much of a problem with like some other people seem to. I felt that Leah was mostly responsible for this run being a loss though. She moved way too slow on the bottom floor of the temple. She must've been related to Kerry in some way. :shock: Brandon was no where as slow as she was, and he also had the fastest Silver Monkey assembly. I would consider this a rather successful run if the Purple Parrots won in this episode. This run is no where near a disaster that people seem to make it out to be.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
But if it had been the first win of the Purple Parrots, would people like and respect it? And what would people think of Billy the Kid then?

Also, did you forget that Leah exactly like Noelle from Xerxes? Who was also a slowpoke runner. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »
I think it would've been a respectable win if Brandon and Leah won. Of course, both players would've had to move faster for that to happen. But if we had an earlier Purple Parrots victory, I don't see Billy the Kid getting as much love as it does now. Mostly because the Parrots would've already had their win and the "PP Pwnage" story wouldn't have been that impressive. Now if Annie Oakley was the first Purple Parrots win, we would be calling that one PP Pwnage also.  :mrpurple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
Oh yeah, Leopard Skin Cloak would get praised through the roof if that had been the first Purple Parrots win. :mrpurple: I mean, Chandra and Nick outright swept their temple games, Kelly and Tony tied their third game with the Green Monkeys. Too bad the Leopard Skin Cloak team didn't win. I really wanted to see them score their first win here. If only Chandra didn't take the elevator, or if she never ran into a temple guard in the King's Storeroom. Such is the Purple Parrots luck. :(

On the other hand, if BOTH episodes were a win, than I could definitely see Billy the Kid getting just as much praise as it does now. ;)

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
Hell, even if Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid wasn't the Purple Parrots first win, it'd still rank high on my list of wins.

And yeah, the Lepoard Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley is definitely a case of bad luck  :cry:
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »
Yeah, like I said above. But it was Chandra's fault for taking the elevator in the first place.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2014, 12:42:41 AM »
If the Purple Parrots won in Annie Oakley also, then the Purple Parrots would've been the best team of Season 2. They would've had three strong wins in Annie Oakley, Billy the Kid, and Freydis. They also would've had Blackfeet Chief that would've been a failed escape and even Golden Pepperoni which was almost successful too. I love Season 2 because it had the most variety of teams in the temple. Well, we could've done without all the Orange Iguanas. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2014, 12:46:36 AM »
Yeah, Season 2 had the best variety. Season 1 had way too many Red and Silver, and Season 3 had an obnoxious amount of Green. Kind of a shame really. That's why I like Season 2 so much. The Purple Parrots come out on top the most. Or least they have more temple appearances.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
What are some runs that you guys still enjoy despite there being a lot of mistakes by the players of the team? Some of the ones that come to mind are:

- Annie Oakley: Chandra took the elevator when she didn't need to. And Nick putting the King's Storeroom key in the front of the room was kind of an egghead move. Despite these mistakes, this run was still enjoyable from Kirk's enthusiasm to the strong performance by the Purple Parrots.

- Sir Edmund Hillary: The Silver Snakes made a long path for no reason in this run, but as far as Season 1 losses goes, this one was probably the best. Danny and Tara were a solid team and even with the bad exit plan, the team still came close. Would've been one of the best wins from Season 1 if they won, but still exciting as hell.

- Dolley Madison: I am one of those people that don't look down on Ashlie too much for her mistake. Sure, she did mess up big time. But the temple run was still exciting and both players were very fast. Plus, Matt should take some blame for the direct path too. Still a good run.

- Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag: Not a lot of people seem to like this run due to the mistakes Jonathan and Olivia made, but I found it to be exciting. Center of the temple runs were never easy anyways. Plus, the performance was still pretty solid and Jonathan did a good job completing most of his rooms.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
All the runs you said, and add Belle Boyd to the list. Leah and Matthew did an AMAZING job covering 9 rooms in three minutes. Leah was especially exceptional. She raced all the way down the central shaft, and across almost the entire bottom floor in two minutes. I don't even care if neither player used the Pit-Chamber door, this run was amazing despite their losing.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
Yeah, I agree with those 5 runs.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2014, 01:25:06 AM »
Oh yeah, I definitely will add Belle Boyd to the list in a heartbeat.  :mrgreen: Leah and Matthew were an amazing team in the temple. It is definitely an overlooked temple run too. Despite their mistakes, they still came close to reaching the Bullet-Riddled Handbag. And they are an example of why teams like William Tell have no excuse for their pathetic progress with hard layouts.

Also, throw Kamehameha on that list too. Robbie shouldn't have taken a direct path and Tina shouldn't have entered the Gargoyle Room, but both players were fast and strong. And you can't entirely blame them for the triple capture either. It was a long layout and a memorable and exciting run. Great Seal can also be added for the same reasons.  :mrsilver:  :mrsilver: