Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 11347 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
Speaking of Raccoon Collar, I like how Kirk examines the artifact at the end of the run. As if Adam could pass the Collar off as a Pendant of Life. Considering the team only entered the temple with One Pendant and they lost it to a temple guard.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
Yeah, Kirk literally would not even declare the run a victory until after Adam was completely passed the gates. Methinks Kirk didn't want to think of Adam as cheating, or pulling a fast one. But still, Kirk should know what these artifacts looks like. :roll:

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »
^ I don't know if you'd classify Kirk's examining of the collar as a Fogg-Up, but it's a pretty memorable moment IMO :D
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
If you say so.

Truth be told, I don't like the Davy Crockett run. It's basically the same layout as Silk Ladder, but one more extra room tacked on. This run has been getting way too much love lately. =/

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »
Kirk did the same thing in a few other runs too, like in Snake Bracelet. At the end of the Snake Bracelet run, he wanted Tracy to give him the bracelet. There was no delay in declaring victory in that run like in Davy Crockett, but I am pretty sure Kirk did it a couple of times too.

We all know Jennifer in Blue Pearl came close to reaching the Pearl. She was literally a few inches from grabbing it. Do you think if Kirk never told Jennifer to dive for the Pearl, that she would've reached it? I think she would've if she didn't go for the dramatic dive at all. I mean she kind of gave up at the last second. If only she crawled a little further.  :?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
If you say so.

Truth be told, I don't like the Davy Crockett run. It's basically the same layout as Silk Ladder, but one more extra room tacked on. This run has been getting way too much love lately. =/

Davy Crockett ranks at the bottom of my list for the best wins on the show. There was nothing exciting about that run, and Adam was close to blowing it. I mean how hard is it to speed up once you get the artifact? This team should've not won with 5 seconds left on the clock. Although I don't see many people ever praising this win? Like you said, it is Silk Ladder with one extra objective to it.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
We all know Jennifer in Blue Pearl came close to reaching the Pearl. She was literally a few inches from grabbing it. Do you think if Kirk never told Jennifer to dive for the Pearl, that she would've reached it? I think she would've if she didn't go for the dramatic dive at all. I mean she kind of gave up at the last second. If only she crawled a little further.  :?
It was Jennifer's own fault for not crawling a little further. She probably would've reached the pearl had she not done that dramatic reach.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
If you say so.

Davy Crockett ranks at the bottom of my list for the best wins on the show. There was nothing exciting about that run, and Adam was close to blowing it. I mean how hard is it to speed up once you get the artifact? This team should've not won with 5 seconds left on the clock. Although I don't see many people ever praising this win? Like you said, it is Silk Ladder with one extra objective to it.
It seems like everyone thinks this win is the second coming of Lawrence of Arabia. No way would Adam had won if he had a harder layout. And truth be told, the rest of the episode is just average too. Nothing happens except Shannon and Adam coming from behind in the third temple game and winning at the temple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »
It was Jennifer's own fault for not crawling a little further. She probably would've reached the pearl had she not done that dramatic reach.

Yeah, Jennifer was literally finger tips away from reaching the Pearl. She could've just crawled a little further and grabbed it. Although it was a very solid effort on her part to try and make that last second grab. Most Season 1 girls would've just walked all the way to where their partner was taken out, like Jessica from Fountain of Youth and Rinette. Plus, Albert is more to blame for all the time he blew.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
And I am glad that you mention Jennifer being at fault for not reaching the Blue Pearl too. Because that reminds me of some people blaming Kirk for the Lost Lariat lost. I honestly blame this entire loss on Chris. He had 2:30 to complete an easy layout, but he blows it very hard. It is true Colleen could've gotten a solo victory, but she DID check the bar to the Treasure Room, but it was delayed and never opened. Plus, Chris had plenty of time to win in this layout. Likewise, even though Kirk told him to plow through the wall, Chris still had enough time to escape through the bottom floor. If David from Lawrence of Arabia could pull it off, so could Chris. If he didn't dilly dally around all the time then this team would've won easily.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
And I am glad that you mention Jennifer being at fault for not reaching the Blue Pearl too. Because that reminds me of some people blaming Kirk for the Lost Lariat lost. I honestly blame this entire loss on Chris. He had 2:30 to complete an easy layout, but he blows it very hard. It is true Colleen could've gotten a solo victory, but she DID check the bar to the Treasure Room, but it was delayed and never opened. Plus, Chris had plenty of time to win in this layout. Likewise, even though Kirk told him to plow through the wall, Chris still had enough time to escape through the bottom floor. If David from Lawrence of Arabia could pull it off, so could Chris. If he didn't dilly dally around all the time then this team would've won easily.
But the treasure bar DID open. It just didn't until after Colleen turned her back. So I definitely don't blame Colleen there. I blame the faulty doors, or bars for that matter. :lol: But yeah, Chris was the most to blame. He spend a whole 2:30 in the temple walking through every room, and then takes his sweet time exiting. Though Kirk shouldn't have told him to bust through the wall. But you're right, Chris shouldn't have been moving around like a slow moving rock to begin with.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
Yeah, I think the general consensus is that Chris gets most of the blame. Since he had a lot of time to actually score a win. Even with his bad exit plan, Chris still had enough time to pull it off. This is what I don't understand about people criticizing Olivia-Emma. While her layout might've been on the easy side, she was a solid player all day. Plus, she grabbed the Applewood Amulet with little time on the clock and still manages to win! Ron, Chris (Lost Lariat), Jason (Icarus), Kimberly (Poseidon), and Ron all had almost a minute to themselves and still can't pull it off. Which makes Olivia-Emma's escape very special.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »
Exactly. Who cares if Olivia Emma had a rather straight forward path, she was still fast and knew what to do in every room. Temple paths are irrelevant to me, it's not like each room was hit the actuator yet she STILL barely escaped. Medusa's Lair (even the newly watered down version), King's Storeroom, Shrine, all hard objectives. Naturally, all those rooms took longer to complete. And who cares if Olivia Emma didn't pick up the half pendant? If she had done one thing differently, (even grab the half pendant), they would've lost. I don't understand the hate for Olivia Emma. This was an excellent temple run and they deserved to win.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
The whole half-pendant thing seems kind of nit picky to me. In my opinion, it doesn't make me think less of Olivia-Emma just because of missing it. Now, if this run ended in triple capture, that would've been a different bridge to cross. But she won the whole thing in the end, so who cares? Its just like people bringing down Jarrid because of entering the Room of the Secret Password in the Pirate Captain run. I don't mind if they bring it up because it was a risky move, but that doesn't make me think less of Jarrid. Honestly, none of the contestants except Gator and Jessica were flawless in the temple:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »
Yeah, the half pendant thing is extremely nitpicky. If Robert and Olivia Emma won, and found a way to make it work, why focus on the worst? Same with Jarrid running into the Room of the Secret Password in Lost Hornpipe. I also agree that Gator and Jessica were THE two most flawless contestants in the temple. They're the only players I gave a 10 to for the temple run in my rankings of them. ;)