Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 10438 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »
So what about the top 10 players of Season 1 then? This list is kind of hard because most of the players were either average or bad. This is a list of the best players of Season 1 with explanations:

1. David (Lawrence of Arabia) - He dominated the whole episode and the temple run also. And his temple exit was one of the best on the show and he really hauled ass to score that last second win.
2. Jennifer (Map to the Lost Gold Mine) - She was very smart in the temple and never got turned around at all even when her strategy never worked. Plus, she moved fast in all of her rooms too and got the job done with a long layout.
3. Jammin John (Galileo) - He dominated the whole episode all day and gave us the very first win. For the first temple runner ever, he did a pretty damn good job.
4. Lea (Sultan Saladin) - She always tried her shortcuts and moved at a good pace inside of the temple. She also won handily too compared to most of the Season 1 teams.
5. Jennifer (Blue Pearl) - She really ran her ass off to make a last second grab for the Blue Pearl. More contestants should follow her eample.
6. Shawn (The Trojan Horseshoe) - He got the job done by moving at a good pace and not getting sidetracked. And he looked good in the earlier rounds.
7. Tara (Sir Edmund Hillary) - Despite her bad exit plan, she was very fast in the temple. Plus, she was the only Season 1 contestant to not detour into the dead end entrance room. And she was good all day in her episode too.
8. Robbie (Kamehameha) - He was great all day and he dominated the temple run even if he lasted for only 4 rooms.
9. Jennifer (Buddha) - She is not as great as people make her out to be, but she was still a fair contestant all day.
10. Shane (Oracle Bowl) - He carried his team all the way through the episode and did great in his short-lived temple appearance. It was Jackie that ruined everything. :roll:

Hopefully you guys can agree with this list. ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:08:41 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »
I kind of disagree about Tina. She was the one who ran into the Gargoyle Room, which could've been VERY costly. She was a decent player, but not Top 10 material in my opinion. Same with Shawn from Trojan Horseshoe. But he did move pretty swiftly in the temple. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your list. ;) How about your Top 10 players of Season 3? Since we haven't covered that yet. They had a lot of good players. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
I can't believe I forgot about Jammin John. :o He belongs in the top 5 list for sure and that should push everyone else down. I am thinking about replacing Shawn with Damian also since he was good in his episode. Or at least put him at the bottom of the list.

Season 3 will be interesting because there were a ton of good players. Both winning and losing teams. Let me see what I can come upwith.  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
I forgot about Jammin Jon as well. He was the "anchor" of his team, and boy did he live up to his name. :mrsilver: And I think Shawn should still stay on your list, just a little lower. Damian was a pretty good player too, though he really didn't last long in the temple. So we can't really tell anything about him. But David for sure is definitely the best Season 1 player ever. :mrgreen:

And Season 3 has Zac, Gator, Jessica, Jarrid, four players already that I've mentioned. Boy, that's gonna be hard to narrow down. :lol: It would be interesting to see what you do come up with though.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »
I just realized something about Freydis & Ahmed Baba runs

Tarrah completed her solo run with just 1 second left. Yet Shane completed his with 15 and he had two more rooms than Tarrah, including the slow ass elevator. I still prefer Freydis because of the intensity.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
Tarrah is a better player than Shane. At least she TRIED shortcuts. Shane added more rooms to his temple path, something you should never do unless you're forced to. I really don't understand the hate for Freydis.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
I just realized something about Freydis & Ahmed Baba runs

Tarrah completed her solo run with just 1 second left. Yet Shane completed his with 15 and he had two more rooms than Tarrah, including the slow ass elevator. I still prefer Freydis because of the intensity.

Shane also had a way too easy bottom floor that he could just breeze through. Tarrah had to complete the Jester's Court which was pretty time consuming. It didn't help that Tarrah was a little short too. In fact, Tarrah made better time to the Dark Forest than Shane did. She entered the Dark Forest with 2:02 on the clock while Shane entered it with 1:53 on the clock. Plus, no one seems to mention that Shane struggled bad with the Silver Monkey. It took him almost 30 seconds to assemble the Silver Monkey. Yet, Joel gets maligned for it all the time.

And don't forget that Tarrah made it to the Milk Bucket with around the same time as Shane too. The reason her temple ending was so close was because she didn't have an easy little bridge to cross. If she never took that hit in the Pit, there is no doubt that she would've won with the same amount of time as Shane. But she still recovered from the fall and brought the Milk Bucket out with a second to spare. That is why I think she was stronger than Shane.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »
Exactly. I don't know if this is a Purple Parrot thing, or if Buddha and Ahmed Baba are somehow better than Freydis. But Tarrah was better than BOTH those players put together. Hell I even prefer Tarrah to Lea. And like TRJ said, if Tarrah had actually swung across the Pit with the rope, instead of jump across it, then she probably would've finished the run with about 15 seconds to spare. The same exact time Shane exited the temple in. I would even say Tarrah was FASTER than Shane. And her layout was even harder too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »
Tarrah would've won the Ahmed Baba layout even if she took the long way like Shane. Once again, Ahmed Baba's temple guard layout was way too generous. Yet, runs like Annie Oakley and Ponce de Leon had the players taking the long routes too and they both got captured by one room away guards. Which is why Shane's temple layout was too easy and generous.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »
I agree. I'm just never gonna understand why Shane is considered "an amazing player" and how his temple run is so "groundbreaking" and "breath taking." Even if Tarrah DID have Shane's layout, I honestly would've liked the run even then too.

And by the way, you didn't rank the Season 3 players yet. ;)

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2014, 10:47:40 PM »
Plus the Milk Bucket of Freydis had a nail-biter ending. I don't know why, but those are more memorable temple runs IMO. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE when someone is a beast through the temple (Zac in Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, e.g). Nail-biters just stick out more in my mind I guess.

Also I agree, Shane's layout was easy, the only hard room he had to do really was the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, and he struggled a bit in the Swamp and stalled a bit in the Laser Light Room.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:48:24 PM by JCW555 »
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
Nail biter run >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Temple runs where nothing exciting happens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Temple runs finished in plenty of time

Just saying.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »
Here are the top 10 Season 3 players in my mind:

1. Gator (Apanuugpak)
2. Jessica (Pirate Captain)
3. Jarrid (Pirate Captain) - I don't hold the Secret Password detour against him because it didn't effect the final outcome of the run.
4. Travis (Ivan the Terrible)
5. Zac (Bandit Queen) - He was super fast, but he didn't really clear as many objectives as the above teams.
6. Kristin (Catherine the Great)
7. Elisa (Ivan the Terrible)
8. Andrea (Chandragupta)
9. Randy (Metal Beard)
10. Jay (Empress Eugenie) - He made great time with the short time Janeen left him. If might've won too if the Jester's Court didn't rob him f about 10-15 seconds.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2014, 10:57:52 PM »
Looks good to me. Those would probably be my Top 10 players as well. Also, players like Leah and Matthew from Belle Boyd should probably get an honorable mention as well. They were very fast in their temple run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
Yeah, the Belle Boyd team definitely deserves a spot on that list too somewhere. Nate, Jonathan, the Benzibab team, and TJ could all probably come close also.