Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 13674 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
Yeah, Kim deserves all the blame. But Nick did beeline for a direct path. That's nothing compared to Kim of course. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »
Do you guys think that Lawrence of Arabia is an overrated run? I was reading a lot of older threads earlier and some people went to say that David was average and that he only won because had a Season 1 layout. I personally don't think it is overrated one bit. I would go as far as to say that this is my favorite win. And looking at some other people's sig, I can tell that it is their favorite win too. Do you guys think that this run gets too much love?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
No way, Lawrence of Arabia is a fantastic run. It's literally one of the only Season 1 runs I even like. David owned everything. :mrgreen:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »
No way, Lawrence of Arabia is a fantastic run. It's literally one of the only Season 1 runs I even like. David owned everything. :mrgreen:

I always loved this episode since day one.  :mrgreen: I think in the past that people overlooked David because he was a Season 1 guy. Some people seem to think that only the players in later seasons matter because they had to face a tougher temple. But look at it this way. David had no knowledge of the temple at all. He didn't know better about avoiding the Cave of Sighs and Fallen Columns like the later season contestants were able to. He didn't know that the direct path could be detrimental. David was awesome and we would've owned the later season temple as well. He probably wouldn't have made these mistakes either in the later season temple because he could watch past temple runs to gain an advantage. Zac from Bandit Queen even did this before his temple run. Contestants like Lea, Jennifer (Gold Mine), Damian, Robbie, Tina, Tara, Danny, Jammin Josh, and David would've owned in any of the seasons of the show.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
I agree, especially with Tara and Danny from Sir Edmund Hilary. They had a tough layout, and moved pretty quickly for the most part. They even reached their artifact too. The only reason the team lost was because of Tara's bad exit plan. Either way, it was still a solid run. :mrsilver:

I also agree about Season 1 players in general. They obviously didn't know that taking the direct path may or may not be detrimental. If the likes of Lea, David, Jennifer, etc. DID take on their layouts in a Season 2 and 3 temple, they probably wouldn't have made those mistakes. And I would honestly go as far as saying they still would've won their respective layouts too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Both Sforza and Benzibab are runs that were both wins from the same day. Both runs were part of a production day with generous layouts. And most of the time, these two runs are usually eliminated in games close to each other due to their simplistic layouts. Now here is a question. What win did you guys enjoy more? Sforza or Benzibab? I want to hear what you guys have to say. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
I kind of like Sforza better. I just found it to be more exciting, and I liked both Lacey and Asher's enthusiasm at the end. Plus, their layout was a little harder. Lacey and Asher had to traverse the entire central shaft, in a Season 3 temple. That's no easy feat for anyone. Benzibab is a good temple run too, but I find it a little overrated. Annie and Kevin were both very fast, but all they had to do was clear the bottom floor, climb slide, grab artifact, and run. I realize both teams completed the same amount of rooms, but I just found Sforza more exciting, and a little harder of a layout. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »
Interesting, because it is the other way around for me. :P I liked Benzibab a little better because it was fun to watch Kevin and Annie destroy the temple. Even if their layout was easy, finishing with over a minute left as a team is still no fluke. And I am not a fan of many wins that finish with a lot of time either. Plus, Kirk's excitement and ending with the high five was pretty memorable too.  :mrsilver: Sforza is good too and it is not as bad as people make it out to be. Lacey and Asher did a good job too and their layout was definitely not that easy. But in the end I like Benzibab a little better. Even if wins like Enormous Iron Nose Ring, Sforza, and Benzibab are regarded as being overrated, I still enjoy them as long as people don't gush over them too much. ;)  :mrsilver:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 10:37:41 PM »
Yeah, they're not gushed about as much as Silver Horseshoe and Shaka Zulu is. :P

And here's another comparison one. Which temple run did you prefer more: Buddha or Freydis? I clearly like Freydis the best, since Tarrah's layout was harder AND it was more exciting and memorable. Buddha to me just wasn't very exciting. I realize both paths are identical, but Freydis came down to the wire, while Buddha was just plain average. What do you think? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »
Freydis, easily and it is not even close. This run is a classic win that every Legends fan should watch and it has everything that Buddha will never have. Freydis was exciting, memorable, a strong performance, and had a very close ending. I can't believe people call Tarrah overrated after what she had to go through. She made good time in the temple, and she grabbed her artifact with the same amount of time as Shane did. And Tarrah had harder rooms and was more shorter than Shane. I don't think some people realize how strong Tarrah was for taking that fall in the Pit and recovering from it to score a last second win. That was a very solid effort that gets overlooked.  :mrpurple:

Buddha is not that bad of a win, but has nothing on Freydis. Jennifer did get the job done, but it is like Ahmed Baba where nothing amazing happens. Although I remember a time this win got a lot of praise. As a matter of fact, Jennifer from Buddha won one of the "Best Legends Girls" games a while ago. :o I mean she did good, but how did she even win that in the first place?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 10:52:39 PM »
Wait, she won a "Best Legends Girls" contest? When was this, and how come I never knew about it? :o

But yeah, Freydis is a much better win than Buddha because Tarrah had a much harder layout. I mean, Laser Light Room, Jester's Court, Dark Forest, Shrine, King's Storeroom, all of those were objectives that weren't very easy. In Buddha, all Jennifer had for objectives was Wheel Room, Tomb, and Shrine. Plus, she did move pretty slow in the temple too. The only time Jennifer moved even remotely fast was when she was exiting the temple. And like you said, nothing interesting happens either. In Freydis, Tarrah jumps across the Pit, breaks the bucket, and still finishes with one second to spare. If that doesn't say memorable, I don't know what does. I basically second everything you said. :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »
http://phantomstemple.us.to/index.php?topic=1745.855

I never took part of this competition because I was not active at that time. But wow, how could Jennifer possibly win this game?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
Oh, that thread. I never took part in that either. :roll:

If Tarrah had won, I wouldn't have had a problem with that. But Jennifer? I can hardly see how that makes any kind of sense. So let me ask you this, who do you think was the best player of Season 2? Does Tarrah deserve that title, or do players like Missy, Ty, and Olivia Emma deserve it more? I personally thought Missy was the best player, but that's just me. Discuss.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
Here is the top 10 players of Season 2 in my opinion:

1. Missy (Annie Taylor)
2. Ty (Atocha)
3. Olivia-Emma (Applewood Amulet)
4. Shem (Henry Morgan)
5. Tarrah (Milk Bucket)
6. Jason (Nostradamus)
7. Tony (Billy the Kid)
8. Joel (Enormous Iron Nose Ring)
9. Nick (Charles Lindbergh)
10. Matt (Dolley Madison)

I agree with Missy being the best of Season 2. She accomplished something no one else did before and it was very solid effort. Direct path or not, she was fast and smart and won with a good amount of time on the clock. Plus, she was strong all day in her episode. I think I would give her the edge over Ty because of the center of the temple win.

Ty was also a great contestant. He dominated nearly every round including destroying his opponent in his temple game. His temple win was also very exciting too. I have to give credit for him for not taking a direct path either, which definitely helped him out.

And finally, Olivia-Emma is in the third spot. Judging from everyone's rankings, she was super strong all day. The only reason I didn/t place her higher was because she was sort of flawed in the temple compared to Missy and Ty. But she still was solid.  :mrgreen:

And of course, all three players were from the same production day. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 03:13:30 PM »
Yeah, that would be my Top 10 Season 2 players as well. And yes, what a coincidence that your Top 3 are all from the same production day. ;)