Author Topic: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs  (Read 12283 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Some Thoughts about Temple Runs
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2014, 06:51:59 PM »
Kristen from Amelia Earhart spent almost as long as Jessica too. Her Silver Monkey assembly time was close to 30 seconds herself. Terry Kay from Jean Lafitte would've taken almost 40+ seconds to assemble hers if she had more time. Larry and Kelly were the worst though and they didn't get the job done with a minute to themselves. :roll:

Also, Shane from Ahmed Baba took a long time to assemble the Silver Monkey too. I also think Joel from Enormous Iron Nose Ring took the longest for a temple victor. Which shows that all that he was good for was his really fast speed. He didn't really have any objectives on the bottom floor of the temple, which is why he completed it so quickly.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »
Yeah, Joel is overrated. He may have been fast, but he was far from skilled. Can you say lucking into your path? Really now. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »
Yeah, his path was very generous. No temple guards + a pretty simple path to the artifact resulted in a fast win for him despite the mistakes he made. Let's not forget how he pulled a Ron and still managed to win with a lot of time. If that happened in almost any other layout with a long path like Two-Cornered Hat, he would't have won.  :?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »
No kidding.

So what's another run besides Silver Horseshoe and Shaka Zulu do you consider overrated? Are there any Purple Parrot runs that YOU think get too much credit? Give me your honest opinion. And I know you can find a Purple Parrot run you don't like that others do. Come on, don't be shy. You know you want to tell me what you really think. :|

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »
There is really no Purple Parrot run that I find to be overrated. The ones that get all the praise usually deserve it. At one time I use to consider Freydis overrated, but now that is my favorite Purple Parrot run. Especially after you realize how strong Tarrah was in the temple and what she went through to score her win.  :mrpurple:

As a Red Jaguars fan, I have to say that Montezuma is kind of overrated. There were too many flaws in that run and yet it somehow ranks in the top lists for the Red Jaguars. I guess most of the Red Jaguars runs are average or just plain bad.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Yeah, most Purple Parrot temple runs are either really underrated, or really are truly bad. And even then, there were only two bad Purple Parrot runs at the most. :mrpurple: As for the Red Jaguars, Montezuma is a run I actually happen to like. Yes the players made too many mistakes, but would anyone even remember the run at all if it weren't for the epic fail with the monkey? No, they wouldn't. The only Red Jaguar runs I like are Napoleon, Montezuma, and Catherine the Great. That's all I can think of. The rest are either too average or just plain terrible. Catherine the Great is probably the only temple run where I actually wanted to see a Red Jaguar team succeed. It was the one and only time I gave a damn about them at all.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
Here is a list of the bottom 5 runs for each team:

Red Jaguars
1. Blackbeard
2. Alhambra
3. Queen Nzinga
4. Missing Weather Maps
5. Golden Ship

Blue Barracudas
1. Stone Head
2. Jean Lafitte
3. Mysterious Manuscript
4. Lucky Pig
5. Silk Sash

Green Monkeys
1. Xerxes
2. Dried Apple Half
3. Cosa Rara
4. Robert the Bruce
5. Lost Fountain of Youth

Orange Iguanas
1. Bifocal Monocle
2. Cracked Crown
3. Shiva
4. Enormous Feather
5. Lily-Crested Crown

Purple Parrots
1. Oracle Bowl
2. Lost Lion Tail
3. Sultan Suleiman
4. Henry Hudson (filler choice)
5. Golden Pepperoni (filler choice)

Silver Snakes
1. Golden Cricket Cage
2. Lost Hammer
3. Nathan Hale
4. Mata Hari
5.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

The Silver Snakes or Red Jaguars had the worst runs overall.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2014, 08:48:21 PM »
And the Purple Parrots had the least. Even though some people love to claim that every single temple run they had was bad. :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 01:10:32 AM »
I know I'm overdoing it with the Purple Parrot questions, but I have another one to ask, sorry. :P

Which run does everyone prefer: Metal Beard or Dr. Livingstone? Both temple runs had identical layouts, both second runners entered every single room of the temple, and both teams won with about 5 seconds left. Which temple run do you like better and why?

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:52 AM »
I like the Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen [Hatshepsut] better because they had to do it with one pendant.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:58 AM »
Yeah, and TJ and Randy were faster. What does everyone else think?

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
Metal Beard easily. Season 3 and a terrible exit plan, and they had MORE time left than Brett and Tabitha.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
I know people give Kim a lot of flack for what she did in "The Missing Weather Maps" episode, and she deserves all the flack in the world, but Nick did made a big mistake. Beelining for the direct path. And boy, does he do it so blatantly, not even bothering to swing across the Pit and just jumping straight into the bottom to the Laser Light Room. Had he not done that, it could've been a close reach. Not saying he didn't haul ass in the Temple, but that mistake would've save him at least one room. Still, Kim was just horrific.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »
Egyptian Queen is much better than Dr. Livingstone in every aspect. The run was more memorable, featured a stronger performance, and the layout was more harder than Dr. Livingstone. The only thing the Dr. Livingstone kids had to do was pull a snake from a jar. All of their other rooms were actuator rooms or rooms where they can simply run through.

As for Charles Lindbergh, Nick tried a little too hard to take a direct path. Had he avoided the Ledges, then he would've been taken out in the Shrine instead. But I still blame Kim entirely for this loss. She had two minutes to complete two rooms and reach the artifact and yet she runs past the Dark Forest before time was up.  :roll: What an embarrassing player and you can tell Nick was pissed off at her.  :roll:

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »
I also blame Kim for the loss of "The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh". She was a little slow, but when she finished the King's Storeroom, the went to the Observatory instead of the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. When she finished the monkey, she went to the Room of the Secret Password, instead of going directly into the Dark Forest. Shame really TBH.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.